Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Something that must be said.
This topic has 88 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 9 months ago by Oteri.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
    • sky Participant
      June 25, 2012 at 7:30 pm #19381

Here’s something that should be said… Immortals abusing powers such as silence. It’s one thing if a player is abusing the rules, to silence them, but when a simple joke is made towards a player, that really isn’t offensive at all, and they get childish and silence you for it… it’s not right! If you can’t take things at a serious level, don’t try and be a big boy!

• Zeromus Participant
      June 25, 2012 at 7:51 pm #19382

honestly i am just looking forward to this timeline being over so we can have that “Who did you play?” thread and i can find out who plays colonel “war? inactive” and “mon mothma that doesnt get anything done and nobody respects” and mock them for eternity

• sky Participant
      June 25, 2012 at 10:13 pm #19385

Why not? :p

• Davmec Member
      June 26, 2012 at 3:59 am #19386

I never really respond much (ever) to the forums (though I do read them often), but I thought I might throw my two cents in if that’s alright with you guys. I think the Imms do a good job of balancing out the game, especially between the Imperials and the Rebels. Perfect job? No, but I think they legitmately try to make it fair. If the Rebels had a base that wasn’t secret, then the Empire would pretty much dominate them overnight. Oh, and have you guys heard of Yavin?

As for the arguments that the Rebels are doing nothing but sitting in secret bases….

Well, first off – as someone pointed out – that’s really IC info and not suitable for these forums, but I will say that the Rebels canonically were into the whole guerilla tactics thing – you know surprise attacks, picking their battles, scurrying back to saftey. Hearing people complain about them not going out and fighting Imperials every night is sort of like the British getting mad at those Revoltionary War era Americans who didn’t march into an open field and fight (though some stupidly did).

That being said, we all know that the Rebels have been doing some things (so at least they’re trying according to the news reports) so let’s give them a little slack and wait and see what happens.

That’s my two cents.

• Kirash Participant
      June 26, 2012 at 5:27 am #19387

“Well, first off – as someone pointed out – that’s really IC info and not suitable for these forums, but I will say that the Rebels canonically were into the whole guerilla tactics thing – you know surprise attacks, picking their battles, scurrying back to saftey. Hearing people complain about them not going out and fighting Imperials every night is sort of like the British getting mad at those Revoltionary War era Americans who didn’t march into an open field and fight (though some stupidly did).”

It would be all fine and dandy if they were actually doing that, Davmec. As it stands right now, the only thing they are doing is trash talking with a side of blockade. As soon as they even catch a bad fart coming from the direction of the imperials, they’re out. This isn’t so much the Rebels being guerillas as they are putting up a front of actually doing something to justify their major clan status.

Unfortunately, there is no easy solution to this. You either dissolve the inactive Rebellion and let the Empire win and we go to ANOTHER Era 2.5, you force the Rebellion to win and move to Era 3 while leaving a vitriolic taste in the mouths of the playerbase, or you dissolve the Rebellion and start from scratch while extending an already long era. It’s really a no-win situation.

I’m sure I still heard people chanting the same tiresome refrain: “But the Rebellion is still building up!” Well if that was the case, you should have stayed hidden and not gone major. Time to play with the cards dealt to you whinebags.

• Inactive
      June 26, 2012 at 7:41 am #19390

I still say that a major way to make things far more interesting is to take out pinging. It didnt happen happen in the movies and I really dont know why it was ever actually added here as it is almost game breaking. The only purpose it serves is to make fleets not take any chances. Oh, their fleet moved? We better run back to our safe system. This is both sides I’m speaking of here so dont be getting all pissy. If you want to know if their fleet is moving send in a scout and see.

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 26, 2012 at 1:33 pm #19391

The amount of vitriol that gets thrown around is amazing. We had to sit around for four or five months waiting for the Empire to get their act together and be the evil Galactic Empire, but I don’t think this rebel clan was around for more than 3 or 4 weeks before the smug “why aren’t they doing anything?” lines started. It isn’t right either way, but damn.

I would also like to just point out that this happened:

Weeks of anticipation and antagonization came to a head when the Rebel and Imperial navies clashed over Ryloth earlier today. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, ambushed the Imperial Outer Rim Fleet. Reports show the outgunned Imperial fleet organizing a quick withdrawal but not before suffering some losses. This was no doubt the first of many major military conflicts to come as the war between the Rebellion and the Galactic Empire ramps up!

That wasn’t turning around and running at the first sign of Imperials moving. Ironically, the lack of information about what happened there IS the rebels’ fault but there you go.

• sky Participant
      June 26, 2012 at 9:03 pm #19393

walldo edit: thread derail

• Oteri Participant
      June 26, 2012 at 9:53 pm #19394

walldo edit: thread derail

• Ocerion Participant
      June 27, 2012 at 9:03 pm #19397

If your response to anything the other side is “You really don’t know what you’re talking about” then…Simply put. You are in the wrong. Otherwise you’d have something to say.

Most of what everyones actually complaining about here, isn’t that the rebels aren’t running up and doing a face to face with the Empire. That will only fail. Its that the rebels aren’t doing hit and runs, no stealth tactics, they aren’t doing -ANYTHING- and when they do, its a massive “What the hell were they thinking…” moment.

Also. I wanna throw in my thought on the forcer comment, if you are EITHER side, Jedi or Sith, and terrified of combat, you don’t deserve your forcer. You can take your glorified pacifism RP and shove it right up your ass, I have NEVER read -ANYTHING- or watched -ANYTHING- in the movies that displayed Jedi or Sith as being scared shitless to engage the other side. A few years ago there was an Ithorian who cried indignantly for hours and hours about being a pacifist and not wanting to fight…(not wanting to fight…A FUCKING SITH WHO WAS KILLING HIS ALLIES.) if you are either a Jedi or a Sith…and you’ve never fought anyone of the enemies…and you’ve reached your maximum level…You are a failure. You don’t have to go jump a Sith Lord/Jedi Master. And you don’t have to perm -ANYONE-. But you can FIGHT, and are supposed to.

• Kirash Participant
      June 28, 2012 at 1:29 am #19398

There are very few times that I will agree 100% with ocerion, but on the subject of jedi/sith, I do. You don’t have to be a max level forcer to go out and kick some ass.

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 28, 2012 at 2:44 am #19399

Except they are doing something, as demonstrated yesterday, and so turns the wheels of this conversation.

Incidentally, I can’t remember the last time I’ve disagreed with a statement as much as I do w/r/t “If you are terrified of combat you don’t deserve force.” There are so many freaking things wrong with that I don’t even know where to begin.

• Ralen Keymaster
      June 28, 2012 at 4:10 am #19400

“If your response to anything the other side is “You really don’t know what you’re talking about” then…Simply put. You are in the wrong. Otherwise you’d have something to say.”

This would be a fine sentiment, if it weren’t for the fact that I count at least 5 instances already during this thread where you personally DON’T seem to know what you’re talking about. That isn’t a dig in any way shape or form, it’s just that without OOC knowledge of what’s going on in the game you wouldn’t be able to know. Hopping on a forum and complaining “How dare they not use -stealth- tactics” when the enemy’s clan and ship numbers are slowly dropping, though, is a little…odd.

It’s a constant on LotJ that BOTH sides in any conflict will presume the other are either being aided by the staff, not doing enough, only inducting two or three of their aim friends, or abusing some long lost game mechanic in their quest for total text-based victory. 99 times out of 100, this is simply not the case – for EITHER side.

I’m personally happy with how both sides are currently progressing, and especially so with the roleplay of the clan higher ups – one regular complaint is the Empire being too lovey-dovey and denying any wrongdoing, and the Rebels regularly proving everyone’s favourite “TEH REBELS ARE FUCKTARDS” vgcats comic correct by being as dickish as the empire are meant to be and those situations simply aren’t cropping up at the moment. This is good.

tl;dr? The Empire/Rebellion conflict is the central focus point of Star Wars. But it is not the ONLY aspect of Star Wars. It’s been stated numerous times in this thread that if you have to sit on your thumbs waiting for someone else to do something, you aren’t really bringing anything to the game. If you’re an Imperial, go oppress people and inspire other conflicts. If you’re a Rebel, go be nice to other players and try to put your view across. Sitting back and resorting to OOC complaints of “i cannot fight, all life is worthless” is entirely missing the point of the game.

• Avanga Member
      June 28, 2012 at 10:43 am #19404

This thread seems to be exactly that, a complaint that they aren’t doing a face to face fight. I think the problem is that nobody in the Empire notices their minions going missing (must be inactive or quit or suicided to get out of the clan or whatever) and ships are so easily replaced that the destruction of them goes completely unnoticed.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 89 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.