Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Something that must be said.
This topic has 88 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 10 months ago by Oteri.
Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
    • Fel Member
      June 28, 2012 at 1:02 pm #19406

If I might offer a brief comment in regards to the situation as I see it… I think a major issue for myself and for many others in the Empire itself is that on the one hand we hear that our destiny is in our hands, player driven timeline rawr! And on the other we get comments from the staff like that indicate they have no idea what they would do if the Empire were to win this timeline outright and fully crush the other side. If Era II must always be destined to have the rebels win and that is currently what the staff wants done, then I think it should be made clearer (especially if that is what is best for the mud and advancing things) I think a lot of the shouting and moaning OOC from the Empire stems from an OOC belief we are entitled to win the Era and that we in fact can. If this is a belief that hurts the mud, or is not even realistic, then it needs to be clarified. As an example I had a conversation with CoffinC early on in this era where he asked me that exact question “Where was I hoping to see the era conclude”

As it stands right now, I feel like the Rebels are now doing quite a bit, and yes… we notice every single person missing from our roster… but it also feels like we are now locked in an endless repeatable cycle where fleets will engage and the outcome may or may not be decided, but it will be another 3 weeks until the next, while either side refits and prepares for another go. The Empire has no other option but to wait on the pleasure of the next rebel attack, which by its very nature then is dependent upon how fast they can actually build ships. Which is not in any way an insult, just the reality of who can replace ships faster, and who is actually now forced to drive the conflict. The counter to that being the Empire can snap its fingers and replace its losses.

Now that’s not really a solution to anything that’s just an observation, but that’s how I find myself feeling on occasion with regards to things, part of me would not in the least bit mind The Empire losing the era and having the Rebels win by some hand of god event, isn’t that partly what happened in the films? But the other competitive part of me wants to beat the other team, so to speak. And I think for at least myself and a few others I have spoken with, is the dilemma here, insofar as it effects our “Complaining”

As far as the accusations about the Empire not oppressing or coming up with new story-line or with stuff on their own… First, I am personally appreciative of Ralens comments, and second I am more then willing to concede we have no idea what is going on over at the other side. But that said, there has been something major in the works for months and it is entirely dependent upon the staff to sort out at this point… Contrary to what some have accused us of stuff we do have internal RP and we do have events in mind… but are limited in some regard right now, be it the Imms just plain have a lot of work to do on it, or we have the threat of imminent invasion at several places.

• Kirash Participant
      June 28, 2012 at 1:26 pm #19407

Personally, I think threads like this need to be closed as soon as they pop up. I’m learning way too much IC info on an OOC forums.

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 28, 2012 at 3:06 pm #19408

My point in asking that question wasn’t “the rebels are GOING to win so what happens if they don’t?”, my point was that for a while the talking point was that imms should FORCE the rebels to attack within the next 2 or 3 weeks or they lose their status, and then what? We start era 3 in a few weeks?

There certainly have been timelines where the rebels don’t win or where era 3 starts with both clans sort of split evenly.

I’m sorry if it came off as “rebels are going to win, suck it up and deal with it” because that was certainly never my intention.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 28, 2012 at 4:04 pm #19409

Walldo I think perhaps you misunderstand what I mean when I say if forcers are afraid to fight they shouldn’t have force. A proper forcer would not run out and pick a fight, they are stronger than just about anyone else. But a proper Jedi should be willing to fight if the situation calls for it to defend their friends. A proper Sith should be willing to do exactly the same. What I’ve witnessed however, over the years, are Jedi who RP being complete pacifists, and Sith who talk a huge game but immediately go afk when its go time. THESE are the ones who don’t deserve force. And its not everyone, not by a long shot. But they exist, they really do.

Avanga, I’ve said a number of times, there ARE those with the rebels who are doing their jobs, and doing them well. The things you think aren’t noticed, ARE, by ranking Imperials. The few who go out and do things are personally my heros, in a sense, and I can not give them a bigger thumbs up than I already do. But there are a LOT of rebels who do nothing, hide, and master the art of the comlink ONLY. To be fair, its not only the rebels who do it, those people exist in every part of the game.

What it is that I’d like to see is a cautious rebellion who sends out ground forces in SECRET, forcers or nonforcers, and abducts or otherwise harms imperial progression, assaults on ship production facilities, hitting “That lone ISD out in the middle of nowhere” when it happens, and so on. All that seems to happen though are random and sudden attempts to out brute force the Empire, and honestly, even I will admit, there is no chance for success on that one.

Lastly, as for forcing the rebels to ATTACK, that itself is a bad idea, as seen often, but forcing the rebels to spend less time playing Comlink Hero and more time being actively out there doing things, would be good. An example would be to simply have some random guy disguised, not known by the Empire, not the subject of a massive manhunt…simply follow around and start blowing up the Empire’s cargo vessels. Or someone in a ship that can be renamed, playing space pirate against the cargo haulers of the Empire. Perhaps someone to sabotage ship production. Go capture people on patrols using speed fu. Admittedly in every situation there is ALWAYS the risk of Aim/MSN/Yahoo/Phone cheating, but a bunch of small scale hit and runs that occur with regularity would inspire people on the edge, people who don’t like how powerful the Empire is, but don’t like the clear and obvious…deficiencies seen within the rebellion either, to switch sides.

(Hearing you say its not a case of the rebels are going to win and we should learn to deal with it is good.)

• Avanga Member
      June 28, 2012 at 4:06 pm #19410

I’d also point out that if/when the RA loses… someone else has to step up and try to oppose the Empire from scratch. Which means months more of waiting for the clan to fill out its rosters, build ships, etc. Even if they get an OP race and huge hand outs, the clan will struggle to fill up with players. You’ve got people with established Imperial chars who won’t want to drop everything and switch sides, and then the ex-Rebels who will likely be tired of being pooped on and either make Imperials or remain neutral. the Yevethans are a prime example of how things would shake out.

And Ocerion… The Rebels you’re patting on the back for doing stuff? That’s ALL of them. There are no Rebels hiding or doing the comlink hero thing. I can’t think of any active Rebels who haven’t participated. They’ve been trying to do exactly what you’re saying they should. Please stop talking out your ass.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 28, 2012 at 4:25 pm #19413

I do, with great regret, agree with Avanga on the idea of “Then what” but honestly I think perhaps we should focus some on “Now what”, maybe its just me, but it seems this era has lasted a long time as of right now. I do admit, I could be wrong, please lets refrain from telling me how I’m a huge fucking idiot, just pointing out how it seems. (Minor somewhat related side note, Develop is a pain in everyones ass.)

Also, I’m not gonna argue on this topic with you Avanga, because I feel like its made some progress and I’m not gonna get involved with a stupid flamewar that causes Walldo to close it until the next inevitable one opens up for us to talk about mud problems on.

• Oteri Participant
      June 28, 2012 at 8:43 pm #19418

…Lone Star Destroyer, Ocerion? I think you’re playing a different MUD than the rest of us.

• Fel Member
      June 28, 2012 at 10:21 pm #19419

Nonsense, I often fly my lone Star Destroyer to Ryloth for science.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 29, 2012 at 1:03 am #19423

Oteri, Denial will only fool so many people.

• Gyndi Participant
      June 29, 2012 at 2:31 am #19424

Ocerion, you’re one to talk about someone being in denial. “Rebels have such and such! Why don’t they quit being afraid of me?!?” “Actually they don’t, you’re making shit up.” “BLARGH ERMAGRRD I KNOW I’M RIGHT”

• Ocerion Participant
      June 29, 2012 at 9:18 am #19426

Not even worth it, Gyndi. Not even when I’m dead tired.

I will however point out that for some reason this morning, I keep reading Lone Star Destroyer and thinking Lonestar Destroyer, which makes me think of space balls, a lot. Someone should develop giant combs for Tatooine. I call dibs on Megamaid.

• Kirash Participant
      June 29, 2012 at 9:25 am #19427

I’ll start crafting Schwartz Rings.

• Oteri Participant
      June 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm #19430

I think we should give the Rebels Ewoks and Endor for free so we can just win this and go on to era 3.

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.