Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Something that must be said.
This topic has 88 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 10 months ago by Oteri.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
    • Ocerion Participant
      June 24, 2012 at 12:26 am #19351

Every single thing that led last timeline to being what it was is being re-enacted now. Lots of people like to get offended, sling insults or whatever. I guess to each your own and all, but I really don’t understand, I guess I’m downright incapable of understanding in fact. Why someone would choose to rebel against a massive superpower, then not actually rebel? Do people join the Rebellion thinking that its lopsided in the other direction? If anything you people are saying about why you don’t fight is true, why ARE you in the Rebellion? What do you hope to achieve through sitting?

I think the best thing that could possibly happen right now for LOTJ…is for the Admins to sit down and tell both clans precisely whats wrong with them, without lying or holding back. Tell the Empire we’ve got a couple people who PK too much. Tell the Rebels they’re pansies. Maybe YOUR words outright, will get people to step back and say “Gee, maybe I’m not perfect afterall.” (Here’s looking at you, Baxtalo and Gyndi.)

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 24, 2012 at 12:36 am #19352

Here is what is wrong.

Empire: You have too many players and you smother anti-imperial forces. You are way too quick to complain on osay or the forums or wherever without actually providing a solution.
      Rebels: You don’t have enough PK saavy players and are too tepid when it comes to engaging the Empire.

• Gyndi Participant
      June 24, 2012 at 12:43 am #19353

I’m not sure what you’re talking about, Ocerion. I never said I’m perfect. I pretty much blow ass at LotJ mechanics. I’m a shitty pilot and I’m a shitty ground fighter. 😛

The issue has a lot to do with overzealous pkers on the Empire’s part, and the Rebels aren’t necessarily pansies (some of them, maybe), but inactivity plagues the ones who aren’t. I think the inactivity does have something to do with the whole “why throw this character that I’ve worked hard on into a literal blender of lightsabers and forcepikes with no off button” and I think the sided cloning centers would maybe help, but I don’t know that for sure.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 24, 2012 at 12:44 am #19354

Sometimes Walldo, you’re my hero, and 100% on subject with both. We (As a whole) do kill too many people!

(To Gyndi.) I for one, have gone out of my way to avoid killing people who haven’t attacked me directly, with one very…VERY well earned exception. Woulda been two VERY well earned exeptions but ehh…you know how it goes.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 24, 2012 at 12:53 am #19356

Also. I’m so tired, I’m mixing up what I’m trying to say! The whole we as a whole kill too many people was for Gyndi as well. I’ll be the first one to say I’ve heard of a LOT of PK’s that have been flat out STUPID.

• Quicksilver Participant
      June 24, 2012 at 10:00 pm #19370

Last timeline, the Rebellion collapsed because nobody wanted to lead it. There were literally six people left in it after a week, and it was my fault those ships were taken, because Corey tractored the battlegroup lead into the MAW station, and they were left floating without autopilot after I used that CR90 to breach the hidden Kessel sector. It wasn’t because they were awful or whatever, people were just sick of being rebels, and nobody wanted to put forth the effort of founding the New Republic or a similar clan.

Edit: If people really want to discuss that mess though, we should start a new topic.

• Oteri Participant
      June 25, 2012 at 12:57 pm #19372

This is a poor conversation because it edges on breaching IC/OOC. Suffice it to say, we’re playing two different games. Rebels are out teched, out numbered, and out skilled, especially in ground combat. Everyone that tries to do shit has been straight killed so far, and as far as it seems, they aren’t eager to reroll, rebuild characters, and try it again. It requires us to play a little smarter and attempt to be a little more subversive. Just wait it out. Things are heating up.

• Oteri Participant
      June 25, 2012 at 2:53 pm #19373

…edit…I’ve read the entire thread at this point, and I have to say…I’m not really sure what you expect a third, random clan is going to do. You’re already complaining that the Rebels are being “given” too much. So you want a third clan to be “given” the technologies (ships) to actually stand a chance against the Empire? I just don’t think that makes any sense whatsoever.

What are you asking for here?

• Inactive
      June 25, 2012 at 3:17 pm #19374

You can say that the empire perms too much all you want but the rebels perm just as much. They captured me fair and square recently and after a good long rp session that morning their leadership walks in that afternoon and says Oh, he’s being uncooperative by not instantly selling out his entire clan and had me shot. Not to mention capping clan leaders over unprotected planets with no rp so I really dont wanna hear that they are just fantastic roleplayers. I was really intending to play a rebel after my death until their rediculous leadership showed what a tard he is. If you want people to join your cause dont be a douche. It also helps to not be a douche on 0.

Also I’ve played both sides on numerous occasion and the rebel leadership allways seems to be much more idiotic than the imperials. The rebels have just as many forcers as the empire and yet you still constantly hear people complain about the empire having too many. If the rebel forcers wont leave their planet then they should have their apps revoked and others picked. If people dont want to fight then they really shouldnt be forcers as that is what is going to be thrust on them. It really isnt all that difficult as I’ve capped planets with just a diplomat and a couple soldiers and one pilot to pop the ship in orbit after the support is down sometimes with no pilots and someone fakesignaling and blowing it from inside.

To be fair things finally appeared to be picking up but they have slacked off again for some reason.

Thats about all for now, but on another note, who’s brilliant idea was it to have a jail cell that freezes the prisoner and spams the shit outta everyone in the room?

• Gyndi Participant
      June 25, 2012 at 4:07 pm #19375

On the note of Jedi: You have absolutely no clue what you’re talking about, and you’re assuming things. Quit acting like you know what’s going on in a clan you aren’t part of.

The same goes for the stupid argument about handouts. You haven’t got a single clue what’s going on unless you’re an immortal or you have people in the clan spreading information out to you. If the latter is the case, then someone is feeding you false information just to make you angry because it’s not the case.

And another thing, I don’t understand where everyone is getting that the rebels are being douches on zero. I really don’t. It’s almost always an Imperial/Imperial’s alt/some apathetic player who could care less about anything. The rebels very rarely speak up because it just turns into something that is akin to doing jankem while snorting bath salts.

• Inactive
      June 25, 2012 at 4:15 pm #19376

So you are saying that you have no jedi and that you dont have three hidden systems? Gotcha.

No one wants to be part of a rebel clan with moron leaders that act worse than the imperial leadership. Just sayin.

• Gyndi Participant
      June 25, 2012 at 4:20 pm #19377

I’m not saying anything, dude. It’s IC information what they have, not OOC. You are either assuming that they have x and y or you are being fed information by someone in the clan who is cheating, and you should report them before you’re both caught and punished for it.

• Inactive
      June 25, 2012 at 4:26 pm #19378

I’m not being fed info by anyone. It really isnt all that difficult to figure it out particurally when gni broadcasts that you have two planets. As for the jedi they were accepting apps for them a little over a month ago so yes, I know you have them. And in game in a very IC way I even know most of their names. If they arent active that is an issue for the imms to sort out and select new apps for them.

• Inactive
      June 25, 2012 at 4:50 pm #19379

As an idea to liven things up, make a few outer rim planets uncapturable by any clan and give people a reason to go there. Sex, drugs, bars. EQ perhaps. I suppose it could even be an undestroyable space station somewhere or other As long as no clan controls it or gets to rule over it. Dont let it be blockaded and dont let em bring capships there. The empire didnt rule every single scrap of the entire galaxy.

As for people not wanting to throw away characters they’ve worked hard on, Get over It. You will at some point die on this game wether it is now or later. If you join the rebels or the empire you should especially be prepared to die. It takes very little time these days to make a new character that is capable of fighting again. And only a few days to fully level one in everything if that is what you like. Quit sitting in your hideouts staring at the wall.

• Inactive
      June 25, 2012 at 5:04 pm #19380

Also, Take out pinging. It is a rediculous skill that basically makes it impossible to have a surprise space attack or for that matter have a small ship escape from a fleet. There is no way that the empire or the rebels had a magic datapad that could tell them the locations of each others fleets.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.