Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Something that must be said.
This topic has 88 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 10 months ago by Oteri.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
    • Ocerion Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 5:48 pm #19314

Woah woah. Dude, calm down man, no need to get all mad. He didn’t say RP was a side dish…He simply said PK wasn’t a side dish either. Simple to misunderstand I suppose, but it is something people need to accept. PK is very much a part of RP on LOTJ.

Empire has done more this era to drive the story than all the clans of all of last timeline combined together, so your whole arguement is moot. Just because you refuse to accept something as having happened just because it didnt’ affect you…Doesn’t change that in game, in the RP world, it occured. Any claim to the contrary is a display of a pure lack of awareness as to what is going on in the game world. There are more laws, restrictive laws, than any Empire in the last several timelines, not to mention a number of ENTIRELY non PK involved events. What more do you want man, everyone to RP throwing their weapons away and breaking out tea? Right now at this moment RP has slacked a bit, but that is solely due to the absolute BOREDOM involved in purely one sided RP. People are angry, frusterated, and confused as to why sometimes it seems the rules only…half apply.

• Altrez Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm #19315

I’m not angry, please go back and read my post again in eddie murphy’s voice.
      That’s how I talk out loud when I write things.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 6:03 pm #19316

Hah. I don’t care how much I disagree with you, you just won a cookiee. Its chocolate chip. 😛

• Altrez Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 6:18 pm #19317

*takes cookie and discreetly puts in pocket*

That being said, I was the one personally driving most of those non PK events. While I’ll agree with a lot of what you said, actually most of it, there’s work to be done in the quality of roleplay and things that could be happening with the empire. Think of it this way: If the rebel insurgents weren’t standing in your way, what would you be doing with control over the galaxy? We should see that happening rapidly without the rebels aid. They should feel the consequences of their inaction to stop the empire. See what I mean there? They’d be like… oh. We have to do something. Or we’re not heroes at all.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 6:27 pm #19318

I could fly off into one heck of a rant related to consequences of inaction, but I’ll just sum it all up by saying that last timeline proved to me that there are NO consequences for failing to act against the Empire. I bombed worlds, enslaved races, and wiped out governments on a whim. The reaction was more talk, and more handouts than I’ve ever seen any four clans combined recieve. Its really tiring to be honest on the side of the villains, you enslave someone, and you’re insulted and no one plays that race anymore. You wipe out a population, and you’re spam insulted by people who overuse the word soon. But no one does anything, leading to a lack of concern to continue the effort.

• Avanga Member
      June 23, 2012 at 9:17 pm #19319

Everybody is in agreement that the RA needs to do something. The problem is that nobody wants to be the one to join the RA and make it happen themselves. I’ve been inactive for almost half a year, otherwise I’d get in there myself. TLDR? Deal with it. B|

• Gyndi Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 10:19 pm #19320

You’re a week late on this whole “they never do anything” bullshit, Ocerion. On another note…

It would really help if the player base that isn’t involved in the conflict wasn’t super apathetic about everything ever. You wipe out an entire race, people still think you’re for great justice of the peoples because no one gives a shit about anything. The rebels actually do something, people think they’re still a bunch of scummy idiots not doing anything. As for the issue of people on talk, I don’t recall really ever seeing anyone going “soon” or anything like that, but that’s whatever and it might’ve happened while I wasn’t around. The main thing I see on zero are apathetic players who don’t care or players from the Empire screaming and crying over the rebels not doing things in the time frame that the Empire wants it done. You sit there with the massive amounts of resources and players of various level of intelligence, screaming about how the rebels aren’t doing anything. How do you know what is going on behind the scenes? Are you watching through your friend’s screen or something? Just because it’s not front page news, doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. And if you want to talk about people being handed things, though, you should really check what you’re talking about because the rebels haven’t been “handed” anything. Everything they have has been worked for, not right in front of you of course, so I think you’re just assuming that things are being handed out.

I agree with Altrez’s point on how things should be more focused on RPing, but that’s something that is based on varying view points of what “RP” is.

I also agree with what Walldo said right after this was started. You know first hand how it was last timeline, but you’re perpetuating the same thing this timeline by stacking the Empire the same way. All of the pilots, all of the forcers, all of the combatants in one box. Don’t join a clan because your friends are in it and you want to grief the opponents, join a clan because you want to enhance the damn story.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 10:40 pm #19321

Oh Gyndi thats a whole can of bad worms you really shouldn’t have opened. Lets count the handouts for the rebellion, shall we? The things they’ve…”earned.”

We’ll start with what I was told was a permanent rule last timeline when my hidden sector was stripped from me. “Major clans can’t have hidden systems.”

Oops.

Second? A major clan with a shipyard? I was specifically told this was never allowed, ever, under any circumstances.

Oops.

A hidden world? Wait. Two hidden worlds? Wait, two hidden worlds, and a third hidden system with a space station?

Oops.

My bad. You’re right Gyndi, I’m sure the rebellion has EARNED numerous hidden worlds with cargo paths between them so no one can interupt their cargo botting, and two other seperate things that I was assured was a long standing rule and would never happen. Its not a special case at all!

• Ocerion Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 10:48 pm #19323

One other thing? All my damn “friends” have long quit playing. RP forced me into the clan I’m in. Maybe you’re willing to throw RP away to join whichever side you please, but if I’m playing a character, I play the damn character.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 10:53 pm #19325

Cute cat, how long have you had it? And whats up with the random photo op?

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 23, 2012 at 10:54 pm #19326

You say IMMs don’t understand the situation or pretend it doesn’t happen, but I am not sure what you want us to do.

If we take steps to fix the problems you think are there, we are accused of giving rewards where they don’t belong and are accused of disrupting the ‘player-driven storyline.’ When we don’t do anything we are lashed for letting things stagnate.

The biggest thing that strikes me through all of this is that no one is suggesting how to fix things. Everyone is quick to voice how bored, or unengaged, or whatever, they are, but what am I supposed to do as an imm? Hand out point rewards to rebels who “do things” ? Approve a bunch of apps to get rebels motivated?

If this thread just delves into rebel players and imperial players arguing, I am going to close it.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 10:58 pm #19327

Noooo please don’t. Few bad apples aside its been most civil. I actually think the biggest and best thing that you guys could do is what happened to me last timeline. Give them an Ultimatum, you WILL begin to behave like rebels, or someone else will in your place. You guys forced me to change my RP as Zawn because I wasn’t evil enough, why not go after them the same way? (Hopefully…they won’t severely over-react as I…may have. >.>)

OH OH OH OH. Also. I really like the idea of you rewarding rebels who do things. There is this one dude, and I have no idea who the hell he is, but if I did? I’d give him the damn world.

• Baxtalo Participant
      June 23, 2012 at 11:01 pm #19329

Ocerion, the Rebellion has been given nothing it has not worked for. Also, I am not sure what you are complaining about. When the Rebellion has enough people to make any action occur, the movers and shakers get out there and do it. Coya, I know exactly what situation you are talking about and this is my response: The moment your character is captured by an enemy, do you think their immediate reaction is to lie down and be quietly marched off to death, as a lot of people, including Altrez from the points he has made, have no other reason to think will occur? Struggling is the kneejerk reaction, to fight for your life is your reaction. An evil superpower captures ONE person, they should be able to corral and subdue them without killing them. That being said, Altrez’s point weighs heavily again, because you know exactly what happened? The moment that RP could occur, instead of trying to initiate it or respond to someone’s attempt to initiate it, PK happened instead. LotJ is an RP/PK environment, and PK is NOT RP. It is a permanent end to what (at times) is not even a problem.

Avanga and Gyndi both have valid points as well. Getting things done requires people, and the unfortunate part of it is is there is a lot of expectation for the Rebellion to act when it has neither active personnel who can coordinate something more than one man suicide runs, or other required resources. Part of that active personnel problem comes from the same apathy mentioned; both IC and OOC, judging by Zeromus’ response. “Someone else do it, not me.”

Get out there and do it. The same group of three or four people rolling different characters to fill certain roles does nothing in the end, because chances are you already fill an important role that will as easily set everyone back by you not being there to fill it in. Break the mold by being a player who gets involved with one main clan side or the other, not just sitting on the sidelines. Involve yourself with the storyline. That does not even require joining either clan. If the game is going to go anywhere, though, people need to begin caring about it and dedicating themselves to being a part of the change. The other side to this coin is that while everyone might like to play an Imperial, the change required involves there being more rebel players.

Walldo, what would “approving a bunch of apps” even do as far as getting rebels motivated? What sort of apps would that involve?

Edit: I agree with Ocerion, but not in the way he might like. The Empire is not openly evil enough, not providing enough incentive for many players to want to go against them. I personally have seen the evil face of the Empire, but in general they promote themselves more as a barrier against chaos as well as divine protectors, etc… Apparently ravaging one world was not enough. “Remember Lorrd” will not work for LotJ as “Remember Alderaan” did in the star wars universe. Another reminder of the Empire’s nature needs to occur.

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 23, 2012 at 11:01 pm #19330

this is the exact same conversation I’ve had with clan leadership. What happens if we give them an ultimatum and they don’t meet your expectations? What happens if we force them to risk their lives, and the clan leadership gets permed and fleets destroyed and there is no anti-Imperial forces?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.