Mudlet is one of the new clients to hit the scene for players still enjoying MUDs. It has a sleek interface, runs on any OS, and sports a strong suite of LUA integration for scripting. There is very little to say in a negative way about this client. The only big thing is that the community has not fully taken to using Mudlet and as such, some of the useful player built scripts have not been converted over yet. This is quickly improving, however. At the time of this writing, we have an official LOTJ Client for Mudlet and you can find instructions on how to enable it here if you run into any issues.
This guide is going to cover screen shots from a Windows OS, but the steps should be nearly identical for Mac and Unix.
- The first thing you’ll need to do is download the relevant Mudlet package for your Operating System. You can find those installers HERE.
- Select the proper installer and download it.
- When it has finished downloading, click on the up arrow icon in the bottom right corner and select "show in folder".
- Right click on the downloaded installer icon and select "Run as Admin".
- Click Run.
- Mudlet will quickly install and when you see the screen below, you'll know it has completed.
Connecting to LOTJ
As of Mudlet version 4.13, it's easier than ever to connect to Legends of the Jedi.
If you're not currently on version 4.13 and would like to upgrade:
- Close the "Select a Profile to Connect With" window by hitting Cancel.
- Select "About" from the list across the top.
- Click on "Check for Updates" from the drop down menu.
If you cannot, or do not want to, update Mudlet, you can create a new profile by selecting the new button and manually inputting this information:
- Profile Name: Legends of the Jedi
- Address: legendsofthejedi.com
- Port: 5656
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the more frequently asked questions about Mudlet.
Your best course of action to get help with Mudlet is to join our Discord server and ask on the #scripting channel. If that fails, you can try asking on OOC or even RPCchat.
If you do not see this layout, there is a setting in Mudlet that can cause problems.
Many of our players have made GitHub repositories for their Mudlet plugins to help automate some features on LOTJ.
LOTJ Community Github