Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Interceptors. And why they shouldn't be Firesprays.
This topic has 93 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 11 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
    • Avanga Member
      June 10, 2012 at 3:48 pm #19198

Next time you want someone to listen to your advice, try not loading it with snide, Bai-like remarks.

• rakun Participant
      June 10, 2012 at 4:38 pm #19199

You should both stop being stupid over little things.

Or at least talk like normal civil people. 😛

What this post is about: Interceptors. So, let’s do it.

• Gathorn Participant
      June 10, 2012 at 4:38 pm #19200

Cruisers do have a small innate dodge weirdness, but in my experience it is negligible at the end of the day.

As for Tractorbeams, it’s situational at best, a terrible waste of fuel at worst. Look at all the Imperials last TL who ran out of fuel trying to stop Shraik’s Whiphid. Tractorbeams really only help you keep your opponent more or less still, which really only helps if you are winning and going for the throat. Or if you want to run away. I can think of a few other tactics, now that I think about it with them, but I’m not sure if any pilot on their toes will be inconvenienced by it for more than a split second.

Just to put some perspective where Ocerion is coming from about talking about Nebulons and MC40s beating back my ISDs. While Ocerion DID beat back my ISDs a few TLs ago, I should note that I only had 3 ISDs(Only had access to a total of 4 over the course of that era) at any given time, usually only using 1 or 2 in a fight against at least 3-4+ Nebulons/MC40s. One was destroyed because Babuir did something retarded for some reason(Left it in uncharted space), another was lost because my 2nd in command didn’t think and charged into battle despite being told he was going against enormous odds, I lost one for getting ahead of myself and falling for Oce’s bait coupled with the fact my copilot ignored my orders of “DOn’t piss off the battlegroup”. While yes, there are tactics, saying “Tactics of Numbers” is hardly the kind of helpful advice you should be touting. Anything can beat anything given enough numbers. That was back in the day when battlegroups had unlimited size, and half the battle was being sure you weren’t about to get jumped by 50 ships.

Also in perspective, the Nebulons were probably not even 1/2 of what an ISD was, I can’t recall the MC40s but they were a bit more comparable, though still outclassed. So I am not bragging by any means, just pointing out that the win strategy ultimately boiled down to: “Fight at least 3 or 4 ships to their 1 ship”. Without that, as was shown time and time again that era, a cruiser is not going to compete with a battleship unless it has comparable stats.

So TL;DR

Assuming two equally competent set of pilots:

Unless your numbers are far greater than the enemy, your cruisers have -very- comparable stats to the battleship, opponent has a LIMITED number of Battleships, or you only engage in fights where everything is on your terms…Cruisers aren’t going to stand up to a Battleship and actually win.

Tractor beams while having their niches, aren’t terribly great in the grand scheme of a fight with a few minor situational exceptions.

Squadron numbers: Unless the difference is maybe 5+, I’m not entirely sure it’ll make a big difference. Whatever ship has the bigger bay space will win(Typically battleships)

Just my 2 cents

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 11, 2012 at 4:37 am #19201

I tried to make it clear that this is the Month of Kindness

Viewing 4 posts - 91 through 94 (of 94 total)
The topic ‘Interceptors. And why they shouldn't be Firesprays.’ is closed to new replies.