Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Interceptors. And why they shouldn't be Firesprays.
This topic has 93 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 11 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
    • Ocerion Participant
      June 8, 2012 at 3:21 pm #19176

Thank you Avanga, for confirming my every suspicion. That is all.

• Baxtalo Participant
      June 8, 2012 at 4:25 pm #19177

This is still completely off topic, but if you are sharing the market as you say and complaining that the company delegated to ship superiority is outshipping you… And if you come back with the argument one more time that “boo hoo, the immortals screwed us over by changing the Firespray” I will play the world’s smallest violin for you and tell you “boo hoo, the rebels are not allowed to develop a battleship” and tell you to get over it and develop on.

Ocerion, do you actually have anything to provide to the conversation? If you have any mystical advice we god fearing mere mortal pilots could take from, I would gladly hear it.

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 8, 2012 at 5:19 pm #19178

“Piloting things should NEVER be nerfed to make space easier for nonpilots”

Do you mean non-piloting mains or people who don’t know how to fly?

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm #19179

June is the Month of Kindness so please eject the bad attitudes from this thread!

• rakun Participant
      June 8, 2012 at 6:46 pm #19180

Piloting is pretty useful and easy once you get used to it. I agree with Avanga on some points and with Ocerion on some points. 😛

Tractors can be a problem, but don’t end it all. ISDs, though, are a lot better than providences and without proper tactics and good pilots and some luck, ISDs will always prevail over Providences. Just how it is. 😛

You aren’t happy with a ship? Speak to imms, develop a new one. I’m sure imms can be talked to about what you need, if you aren’t “U IMMS HAX AND CHEAT GIVE ME THIS I WANT THIS”.

At the same time, if you have super duper fleet, don’t whine when your enemy clan with less active players and a lot less resources and ships avoids you. Bored? Go try and catch them. You can’t? Well, try harder. 😛

And I don’t think I care about which interceptors are better. If an engineering clan develops better starfighters than your major clan, I think it’s time to develop better starfighters.

• Gyndi Participant
      June 8, 2012 at 6:55 pm #19181

WALLDO EDIT: I’m a dick who doesn’t know how to not be a dick

• Bai Participant
      June 8, 2012 at 9:32 pm #19182

WALLDO EDIT: June is the Month of Kindness

• Kirash Participant
      June 9, 2012 at 11:57 am #19186

I’m pretty sure this thread has gone past the point of rescue.

It’s certainly gone past the point of actually having a point anymore.

*ponders over whether or not that was the original intention as he sips his vodka*

• Zeromus Participant
      June 9, 2012 at 2:05 pm #19188

*dumb forum emote*

• Kirash Participant
      June 9, 2012 at 7:45 pm #19189

*dumb forum emote replying to a dumb forum emote*

• Ocerion Participant
      June 10, 2012 at 8:18 am #19193

Walldo…Either…really. I was refering to people who are just terribad at it though.

Ok. Advice. Tractor beams have a range of either 300 or 400 per item, they take up a large amount of space, so usually you see at most 1 or 2 on a ship. (I think its 400. Its early in the morning however, forgive the innaccuracy regardless) Therefore in these cruiser vs battleship matches, your effective range is whatever their tractor range is, which is easy enough to figure out, plus about 200. (Battle is chaos, baby.)

Second, for the IC world right now, the Providence cruiser can carry 21 interceptors. With a little thought and planning, that can win you guys a battle even against much bigger ships, it has already been done this very era.

Third, Avanga said a providence has 45 turbolasers, so I must object to the way the ships are being modified. They should have a max turbolaser count of 55, and given they are cruisers, that should come first because all your fighting must be done at a range of 1200+. I’d suggest trying to hold around 1800, Providence cruisers are FASTER than ISD’s and it shouldn’t be that hard to stay out of projectile and ion range, thats where they get you. 55 is still less than 75, but I promise the guy who’s piloting the hell outta cappies on LOTJ and knows what he’s doing, also knows what he’s talking about when he says cruisers have a passive dodge. Its not as much as frigates (Because you can pilot) but then, frigates are useless in a space battle. (And Nebulons, extra useless.)

Lastly, in the history of LOTJ no one has ever won a battle without trying. When I was learning to pilot, I fought Gathorns ISD’s with the rebellions Nebulons. Later, with the MC40’s. We eventually managed to win battles and push them back, with -BOTH- the Nebulons and the MC40’s. There ARE strategies that will work against the bigger ships, use their size and speed to YOUR advantage. They are slow, they manuever slowly, and they miss a hell of a lot when firing on smaller cappies, success is nowhere NEAR impossible and it does NOT need the most badass pilot ever to overcome. Have a little more faith in yourselves, I promise it doesn’t hurt.

Random non-advice: To be clear…The idea that an Imperator can tractor INTO ITS BAYS, cruisers (Or most frigates really)…Is something well past retarded. Tractoring to a halt is, EVEN AGAINST CRUISERS, entirely within the range of sensible.

Back to the subject: The Rebels should really get their interceptors fixed…all things considered, the changes to interceptors are really needed right now in general. Even if for some reason its only changed so transports aren’t usable anymore, though I really think both the sides should get various fixes to their interceptors anyways. X-Wings should be feared as interceptors…

• Avanga Member
      June 10, 2012 at 11:42 am #19194

The ’45’ thing was on bay size. You were saying that a Providence could fit more interceptors. ISDs have bay sizes of 65/45, Providences have 45/45.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 10, 2012 at 3:14 pm #19195

Once again, Avanga, you prove with every post you’ve absolutely no clue what you are talking about. And you know, thats ok. Not everyone does piloting. I just wish you’d not try to interject your “wisdom”.

ISD’s can field 18 interceptors due to ship stats.
      Providences can field 21 interceptors due to ship stats.

Tell me Avanga. Which is more, 18 or 21?

• Avanga Member
      June 10, 2012 at 3:33 pm #19196

Ocerion: Third, Avanga said a providence has 45 turbolasers

Avanga: The ’45′ thing was on bay size.

I never once said that a providence has 45 turbolasers. TBH, I have no idea how many turbolasers a providence has. That’s what I was trying to say. I know that piloting doesn’t really require a whole lot of reading, since there’s all that scrolling text and no real RP to do on an empty bridge, but please try to keep up with the rest of the class.

• Ocerion Participant
      June 10, 2012 at 3:41 pm #19197

You’re impossible man. I’m sitting here trying to give advice and be helpful and all you can do is tell me how I’m wrong, and now apparently stupid. You’ll never improve as long as you refuse to learn. Good luck with figuring out how to be quiet long enough to learn, and good luck with improving. I got shit to blow up on World of Tanks, so later.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 94 total)
The topic ‘Interceptors. And why they shouldn't be Firesprays.’ is closed to new replies.