Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Ways we bang our heads against the wall
This topic has 80 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 3 months ago by Valintrad.
Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
    • Ace Participant
      January 31, 2011 at 3:29 am #16575

I agree with the mentions of change to prox restrictions. I think capital ships that are in orbit with the autopilot on and unmanned should NOT be considered into hyperspace blocking, for one, even if nothing else about prox changes. If the freaking huge planet isn’t enough to stop us from jumping, surely we can calculate our way around that unmanned ship that’s floating around said planet.

I think that your ship size vs their ship size should be the factor, instead of each ship size having a set prox. For example, if you’re next to another fighter, sure as hell you should be able to jump, and maybe even when your fighter is next to some small transports. If you’re flying past a capital ship though, you’re gonna have to do some maneuvering.

Who else here thinks that maybe a skilled pilot would be better at said maneuvers? *raisehand*

So, why not make a piloting skill that enables a smaller prox range for skilled pilots. Maybe something you start when you’re piloting, and every so iften it ‘ticks’, and there’s a chance, depending on the size of the opposing ship, of you managing to find an opening.

If it fails on a tick: "You look as hard as you can, but can’t find an opening for a hyperjump!"
      It if succeeds: "Your trained eyes spot an opening for a hyperjump! You’d better move fast!"

If you fail to take your chance by the next tick, you might lose your chance.

As for launch confirm, I like the meaning behind having it in, so why not just make it a config option? +autoconfirm anyone?

Public ships provided by players are an awesome thing, and I like the system we have, while agreeing with some points made against them.

I think there should be a way individual players can be charged less per flight, and owners of public ships can still get a decent profit. As it stands right now, all the commonly-used pubbies are basicly ships their owners didn’t need, so they figured, "What the hell, few extra credits for drinks!" and made them public.

Maybe the ‘shipyard’ should offer incentives per rental that a player receives on top of the set charge. That might see a lowering in ship prices. It could actually even be tied to a given planet, and contribute to the planetary economy. If you made your ship public and tied it to Coruscant’s shipyards, Coruscant benefits from the rentals, and depending on how their economy is going, you get some extra returns.

In fact, maybe only public ships that are tied to a planet would show up when called. Trying to fly from a backwater planet? You might have to pay the local thugs a little more to use their ships, since they have a corner on the racket.

To get around planets being barren of pubbies though, maybe there should be some pubbies like the ones of yore, which would be available everywhere, but be pieces of shit. With those seperations, there’d be an option to call Global or Local ships when you call a taxi. ‘taxi local’, or ‘taxi global’.

Also, I agree with the backpack being blocked by armor thing. Silly.

I hate that holsters and comlinks break so damn often. We need to be able to either repair them with repairarmor, or be able to get a repairdevice skill to fix our miscellaneous gear. I’d also love to see materials have an effect on how much damage your gear takes when it gets hit, and maybe even have the gear damage consider how much damage the mob even did to your health when it hit you. I’m sick of having mobs hit for relatively little damage to my health while they utterly shred my equipment. I’ve had to flee from fights before just to repair all my shit, and then gone back in only to have it shredded again.

Lightsabers and vibroblades tearing up my stuff when players attack me = Understandable.
      Getting thumped by a tentacle and having my durasteel armor shred like toilet paper = Boo.

(I’m not sure how much of my post should be moved to brainstorming sections, so chop it up however you like, Anna/Moderators.)

• Avanga Member
      January 31, 2011 at 3:54 am #16579

[quote:2wv9523v]So, why not make a piloting skill that enables a smaller prox range for skilled pilots. Maybe something you start when you’re piloting, and every so iften it ‘ticks’, and there’s a chance, depending on the size of the opposing ship, of you managing to find an opening.

If it fails on a tick: "You look as hard as you can, but can’t find an opening for a hyperjump!"
      It if succeeds: "Your trained eyes spot an opening for a hyperjump! You’d better move fast!"

If you fail to take your chance by the next tick, you might lose your chance.[/quote:2wv9523v]

I really really like this.

• chuckinator Member
      February 1, 2011 at 9:07 pm #16610

Stranded, unmanned (and usually disabled) taxis floating around in sectors and taxis with cut/broken hatches. They can respawn after being blown up in space, why can’t they respawn from being stranded in space or have their hatches repaired on a MUD reset (or the latest GNI report) if there’s no one inside them? AFK/linkdead players aside, they still get teleported around with the cab if it gets called somewhere else later anyway.

Noticed this lately, but a new form of harassment seems to be pirating someone’s ship, launch hover, open the hatch, and jump out. That’s obnoxious. Hovering ships should land back on the pad if a person jumps out of the hatch and no one else is inside.

• Fishy Participant
      February 2, 2011 at 2:53 pm #16626

Deliberately stranding taxis is a method used to take the absolutely shit ones out of circulation, since short of the owner removing them or the imms removing them, there’s nothing you can do, and usually the owners are dead and the imms don’t give a fuck about the fact there’s 20 taxis that each have top speed 60 and are set to 1500 credits. The other thing though, now that hovering has been changed, yeah, there’s a lot of new avenues for abuse.

• chuckinator Member
      February 2, 2011 at 4:13 pm #16627

I know -why- people do it. I don’t care. As long as a taxi’s owner is alive (or the owning clan is still active), you shouldn’t be able to strand taxis, even if they are completely crap. People also do it to abuse code and harass the taxi owners, it takes useful cabs out of circulation, so forth, so on.

On the other hand, my dead alt of 2 months still has about eight or ten starchaser cabs out there. So, yeah…

• matt Member
      February 2, 2011 at 9:10 pm #16543

On that note, I’d like to see taxi’s be sold by the shipyard when the chracter dies or the clan dissolves, much like ships owned by players and clans do now.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.