Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Ways we bang our heads against the wall
This topic has 80 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 3 months ago by Valintrad.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
    • Kirash Participant
      November 19, 2010 at 7:00 pm #16170

Well I mean I can understand Str affecting your physicality (very strong, titantic, etc.), but Charisma makes absolutely no logical sense.

• Avanga Member
      November 21, 2010 at 12:31 am #16188

Backpack wearloc requiring you remove your armor first.

• Drel Member
      November 21, 2010 at 3:04 am #16189
      "Avanga":2j26rekt wrote:
      Backpack wearloc requiring you remove your armor first.[/quote:2j26rekt]
      +1
      I could understand it requiring that you remove your cloak (really, messing with anything but jewelry, a helmet, etc. while wearing a cloak should require said cloak’s removal), but your armor? You wear a backpack outside your armor!
    • chuckinator Member
      November 21, 2010 at 5:52 am #16190
      "Kirash":2ougezyg wrote:
      Well I mean I can understand Str affecting your physicality (very strong, titantic, etc.), but Charisma makes absolutely no logical sense.[/quote:2ougezyg]

I’ve played at another place that requires players to provide descriptions for their voice and short description just the same as long description and history. Greets and dubs were interspersed so you would see this on the street level:

A towering, slender Abyssin with a battle-scarred hide (Rezco of Byss) is here, leaning against the wall with his hands clasped.

What you would hear on the radio networks would be:

CommNet 666 [A grating hiss of a baritone Abyssin growl (Rez)](aggressive): This one requires audience with a skilled crafter.

Descriptions and histories there were vetted the same way by imms as they are here. It was really interesting because the builders did the same with mobs. Sometimes, the only way to determine the difference between a player and a mob was to really look at them and read their description and see what they’re carrying on them.

• Troll Participant
      November 21, 2010 at 11:52 am #16191
      "chuckinator":2x424gf3 wrote:
      "Kirash":2x424gf3 wrote:
      Well I mean I can understand Str affecting your physicality (very strong, titantic, etc.), but Charisma makes absolutely no logical sense.[/quote:2x424gf3]

I’ve played at another place that requires players to provide descriptions for their voice and short description just the same as long description and history. Greets and dubs were interspersed so you would see this on the street level:

A towering, slender Abyssin with a battle-scarred hide (Rezco of Byss) is here, leaning against the wall with his hands clasped.

CommNet 666 [A grating hiss of a baritone Abyssin growl (Rez)](aggressive): This one requires audience with a skilled crafter.

Descriptions and histories there were vetted the same way by imms as they are here. It was really interesting because the builders did the same with mobs. Sometimes, the only way to determine the difference between a player and a mob was to really look at them and read their description and see what they’re carrying on them.[/quote:2x424gf3]

I think that sounds awesome.

• Kirash Participant
      November 21, 2010 at 5:47 pm #16192
      "chuckinator":msg9emsw wrote:
      "Kirash":msg9emsw wrote:
      Well I mean I can understand Str affecting your physicality (very strong, titantic, etc.), but Charisma makes absolutely no logical sense.[/quote:msg9emsw]

Descriptions and histories there were vetted the same way by imms as they are here. It was really interesting because the builders did the same with mobs. Sometimes, the only way to determine the difference between a player and a mob was to really look at them and read their description and see what they’re carrying on them.[/quote:msg9emsw]

Very….interesting. I like the concept.

• chuckinator Member
      November 21, 2010 at 10:54 pm #16198
      "chuckinator":zqhg141t wrote:
      "Kirash":zqhg141t wrote:
      Well I mean I can understand Str affecting your physicality (very strong, titantic, etc.), but Charisma makes absolutely no logical sense.[/quote:zqhg141t]

Descriptions and histories there were vetted the same way by imms as they are here. It was really interesting because the builders did the same with mobs. Sometimes, the only way to determine the difference between a player and a mob was to really look at them and read their description and see what they’re carrying on them.[/quote:zqhg141t]

Oh, a lot of mobs were sitting in an immortal zone so they could possess said mob for transmissions or other fun surprises. Obnoxious players would draw the police out for some good old fashioned justice, bartenders would periodically begin to wash glasses and talk back to you, and I remember one time hearing some odd transmission like ‘Find him and bring him back here’ and then walking out to find a shadowy figure in black applying a transmitter to the bottom of my car. Lots of fun to be had all around.

• Kirash Participant
      November 22, 2010 at 1:06 am #16199
      "chuckinator":1pnwaadt wrote:
      Oh, a lot of mobs were sitting in an immortal zone so they could possess said mob for transmissions or other fun surprises. Obnoxious players would draw the police out for some good old fashioned justice, bartenders would periodically begin to wash glasses and talk back to you, and I remember one time hearing some odd transmission like ‘Find him and bring him back here’ and then walking out to find a shadowy figure in black applying a transmitter to the bottom of my car. Lots of fun to be had all around.[/quote:1pnwaadt]

It sounds like a very interesting dynamic. I’d like to see something similar to that here.

• DCLXVI Member
      November 29, 2010 at 4:56 am #16248

You’d need a larger, more active staff for any of that to seriously work.

• rakun Participant
      November 29, 2010 at 6:02 pm #16253

Anna, I did run events and stuff like that on another SWR mud where I was a PR imm. It was fun to do it. ONE imm can do it, although they might be slowed down by real life stuff.

• DCLXVI Member
      November 30, 2010 at 5:11 am #16254
      "rakun":2r69felx wrote:
      Anna, I did run events and stuff like that on another SWR mud where I was a PR imm. It was fun to do it. ONE imm can do it, although they might be slowed down by real life stuff.[/quote:2r69felx]

Exactly why I said you’d need more. Can one person do it? Certainly. But are you going to spend all your free time on LotJ? Of course not (unless you just have no life outside it).

• Monroebee Member
      November 30, 2010 at 8:27 am #16257

I’m +1 on the ships being too close for hyperspace thing. If you need it to balance out why not change the code to have hyperspace calculations take longer and extend the gravity well of the planet? That way people will be able to have their chance at blowing you away. If that’s still not enough have a hit to the hull have a chance (or greater chance) of knocking out the hyperdrive or having it reset the calculations. Or make a slicer skill that can slice into a ships nav computer and reset it.

• Monroebee Member
      November 30, 2010 at 8:29 am #16258

Whoops dupicate posts… sorry

• Kirash Participant
      December 7, 2010 at 4:03 am #16283

<pointless bitching>

Forcers should get -200 to BH.
      Ambush is a bitch enough without senses behind it.

Just saying.

</pointless bitching>

Unnecessary Addendum: This is just a mindless rant on my part and not really anything. Just Wall Banging[/url:36aqblnd].

• Valintrad Member
      January 24, 2011 at 9:19 pm #16645

Semi-old thread, but I just thought I’d toss in something here.

Taxi.

[rant]
      You know what pisses me off more than anything else about starting a new character? Having to use a taxi. Why? Because there are some taxis that only cost 200 credits, but a lot of jerkfaces set their taxi price to 500 or even 1000 credits. You punch in ‘taxi’ and it’s a guessing game as to what you’re going to get. Sometimes you’re only out 400 credits for the fee and a cheap taxi, sometimes you’d have to pay 1200 credits to go somewhere. Honestly, it seems like the best thing you could do is buy fifty of the cheapest ship available and set them up as taxis for an exorbitant cost, because people would have to cycle through all your useless pissantery to get something cheaper and they’d just pay the fee to avoid the hassle. Why do we feel the need to set outrageously high prices on public ships when, let’s be honest, people with lots of money to throw around ALREADY HAVE SHIPS?! And for that matter, why can’t we just choose which friggin’ taxi we want to call instead of getting shafted into whichever one is up on the roster? Is this simply to enact some fairness for people providing public shuttles? It’s bullshit, if people with public shuttles want fairness in usage distribution then they should restrain their prices. Either we should be able to choose which taxi we want to call or there should be cheap, automated public shuttles between the planets. Blargh.
      [/rant]

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 81 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.