Legends of the Jedi Forums Share Yo’ Scripts Johnson's MUSHClient Plugins
This topic has 86 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 9 months ago by Johnson.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
    • Johnson Participant
      December 4, 2016 at 2:06 pm #28625

@Colmax – Brief tutorial on LotJCargo:
      1. Type ‘cargosetup’ to be prompted for all the info needed to start cargo running.
      2. Type ‘cargostart’ to begin automatically cargo running and generating profits. Note that you must be standing outside your ship to begin.

That’s it. You should not ever be manually selling or buying things when the plugin is active. It will do all of that for you.

You can turn off LotJCargo at any time by toggling ‘cargoauto’. If you are in the middle of a flight the plugin will have passed off control to LotJFlight which can be toggled off in the same manner, ‘flyauto’.

You can reset LotJCargo to the default state by entering ‘cargoclear’.

More info can be found in game by entering ‘cargohelp’ or ‘flyhelp’ or a similar command for most of my plugins.

I hope this clears up any issues you are having.

@Johnson

• Johnson Participant
      December 21, 2016 at 9:08 pm #28677

Here is something new! LotJ Race Browser is at a point I think it might be useful to release. Basically this is a panel that displays race information scanned from the game in a nice manner. Races can then be sorted using various filters to make browsing for a new race… friendlier? You be the judge.

Download links:

GitHUB:
      Download on GitHub

Dropbox:
      Download on Dropbox

@Johnson

• Johnson Participant
      January 1, 2017 at 7:14 pm #28738

Hey guys, wanted to give a brief overview of some changes I made recently. I’ve been playing more so that means tweaking and fixing things as I go. If you find any bugs please give me a shout in game or on these forums, thanks.

Recent updates:
      LotJMSDPHandler –
      – reworked from scratch how variables from the mud are stored to allow properly saving arrays and lists (i.e. roomexits)
      – if you are using a plugin that relies on this method it will need to be updated before working again (i.e. mapper plugins)
      – msdpdebug 1 basic display now prints msdp[VARIABLE]=VALUE as it gets sent from the mud
      – msdpdebug 2 verbose display now prints hex value of msdp information
      LotJCargo –
      – fixed a wording change to match in game text
      – added support to run legs or entire routes without cargo, just use ‘none’ as your resource type for that leg
      – added contraband into the cargoplanets alias for quick route setup. use syntax ‘cargoplanets planet1,resource1,contraband,planet2,resource2,contraband,…’
      – fixed bug handling when cancelling input boxes, same with LotJArmor and LotJFlight
      LotJComlinks –
      – added support to place notes on comlinks using ‘comlinknote <name> <note>’ to help identify what that channel is used for
      – notes are removed using ‘comlinknote <name>’
      – added removal of single comlinks with ‘comlinkdelete <name>’ this will match either comlink description or the note on it
      – added comlinkhelp in game help file
      LotJRaceBrowser –
      – inverted weight value of sorting by price and deposit as less expensive is generally better
      – fixed a bug when displaying a race while partially scrolled
      – still looking for cool ways to display race information
      LotJChannels –
      – fixed a bug that would gag ‘* asks, *’ lines incorrectly, thanks @Flek!
      LotJStarMap –
      – fixed right click menu options ‘change font’ and ‘restore defaults’
      LotJResearch –
      – added basic ‘research <item>’ syntax to be less disruptive of normal tasks
      LotJStudy –
      – added basic ‘study <item>’ syntax similarly to LotJResearch, less disruptive

• Kirash Participant
      January 4, 2017 at 8:08 pm #28774

So this was more of a curiosity. I know that your cargo script ties into your flying script and the flying script is how it determines where to land. I was wondering if it was possible to be able to script something where instead of going 1, 2, 3, etc. on whichever landing pad you want to go to, you could type in the name of the landing pad you want to actually land on. Maybe have it tie into the cargo script for the landing instead of the fly script. Set up the landing pad when you set up your cargo? I realize this means you’ll probably have to rework both scripts, but it is something I thought about that would be more of a convenience thing.

• magrog Participant
      January 8, 2017 at 9:37 am #28778

Johnson, I love you big time.

But do you know what would be awesome in the comlink plugin? A way to show the name of the character that placed the note, something like…

Listing all stored comlinks with notes:
      A durable hand-held comlink designated Besh-> (Character: Magrog) (Note: Keep this channel)
      A durable hand-held comlink designated Cresh-> (Character: Magrog) (Note: Love songs)
      Current comlink: a small encryptable comlink marked Aurek-> (Character: Magroglish) (Note: Bando talks shits here)

• Johnson Participant
      January 16, 2017 at 3:35 am #28801

@Kirash – Thanks for the idea, not being able to choose separate landing pads for each planet is something that has irked me also. I am working on a rather large update to LotJCargo and it may take a while, but I’ll be sure to include your suggestion when it’s released.

@Magrog
      – Could you not simply add your character name into the note?
      ‘comlinknote besh Keep this channel Char: Magrog’

• Kirash Participant
      January 17, 2017 at 12:10 pm #28805

Hey Johnson. While you’re at it, could you possibly make an adjustment to LotJFlight where if you are flying a ship that has only one room, you can put in something like 0 in the directions to the cockpit to just bypass that?

• Zeromus Participant
      January 17, 2017 at 12:32 pm #28807

You can use semicolon or whatever your command stack character is to do that.

• Johnson Participant
      January 18, 2017 at 12:39 am #28812

“none” in the directions box is the intended method but semicolon also technically works.

• Kirash Participant
      January 18, 2017 at 1:03 am #28815

Yeah the semicolon thing didn’t occur to me. That’ll work. Thanks.

• Johnson Participant
      January 27, 2017 at 12:50 am #28841

LotJCargo updates
      – now supports multi-ship configurations. This means any amount of ships can be stacked inside each other. See examples of how to do this in the LotJCargo description by clicking the ‘show info’ button in the mushclient plugin manager.
      – added planet retrieval for automatic list position updating. This means it no longer matters what order you put planets in your cargo list, when you do cargostart it will automatically try to figure out where you are.
      – also cleaned up some lists and made things a little more pretty

LotJFlight updates
      – now supports ships with separate nav rooms, should prompt you for this automatically

LotJCalc updates
      – updated to be more newbie friendly. It will automatically try to figure out if you entered the wrong syntax and correct it or pass it through unaltered.

There were other minor updates and bug fixes but these are the major ones.

If you find any bugs please let me know.

–@Johnson

P.S. Your landing preference updates are still in the works @Kirash, sorry.

• Johnson Participant
      February 4, 2017 at 6:36 am #28857

LotJFlight was updated with the capability to add planet based landing preferences. Use 'flyland <planet>,<landing>' to set preferred landing pad, this can be top down number like before or also a word or string to match against the pad name. Using ‘0’ or ‘auto’ will enable auto-landing. If you fly to a planet without a preference set it will auto-land by default without asking you where to land every time. Use 'flyland' with no arguments to see full usage.

GitHub:
      Download on GitHub

Dropbox:
      Download on Dropbox

–@Johnson

• bagz Participant
      February 13, 2017 at 6:17 pm #28864

All the work you have put in over the years is magic and the continued updates and development only make it better.

My LOTJFlight suggestion I’ve been hoping to see eventually or learn to script myself is to be able to set a flightpath in order to cross long distances. I.E flyto Ryloth from Coruscant with stops at Alderaan and Nal Hutta for fuel.

Thanks for the updates!

• Johnson Participant
      February 13, 2017 at 9:04 pm #28866

Thanks for the kind words @Bagz, it makes me happy to hear someone gets some use out of the stuff I make.

The feature you asked for can already be done using LotJCargo by defining your route with none as your cargo type and cargocycle toggled off. This will result in flying to each planet on your list, trying to sell cargo, realizing you don’t need any, and moving on to the next planet until reaching the end. Cargocycle being off causes it to stop at the end of the flight path instead of repeating like a normal cargo route.

• Madelyn Blocked
      April 21, 2017 at 1:56 pm #29022

Hey Johnson. Love your work. A little concerned about one thing, though. Is there anyway you could remove or streamline the space between landing and selling cargo in a parent situation? for example:

[Frigate ‘Name’] [Size:30] [Hangars:2] (15/15)
      [Hangar 1] (5/5):
      |->[Shuttle ‘Name’] [Size:5] [Hangars:0] (0/0)
      [Hangar 2] (10/10):
      |->[Freighter ‘Name’] [Size:10] [Hangars:1] (5/5)
      [Hangar 1] (5/5):
      |->[Shuttle ‘Name’] [Size:5] [Hangars:0] (0/0)

So the way the script works is: I land, leave the ship and refuel. Then I enter the parent, go to pilot, autopilot off, open bays, autopilot on, back to hatch, then to hangar 1, unload ship, back to hatch. then to hangar 2, unload ship, back to hatch. go to pilot and autopilot off, close bays, autopilot on, back to hatch, leave, enter galleon, go to pilot, autopilot off, open bays, autopilot on, back to hatch, unload ship, back to pilot, autopilot off, close bays, autopilot on, leave the galleon…

and then repeat when I’m reloading the ships.

Is it possible to streamline this so that I land, open bays, go to hangar 1, unload ship, straight to hangar 2, unload ship, then leave the ship, refuel, enter secondary, unload it (who cares if this hangar is open or closed? it’s a ship in a ship in a ship), leave, then refuel and cargo all ships.
      Then reload by loading 4 into 3, 3 and 2 into 1, enter 1, and go straight to pilot, close the bays, and launch.

I’ve noticed that I waste more time unloading and loading ships than I would just using a smaller setup.

Any advice?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.