Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Ease of death/PKill
This topic has 135 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anna.
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 136 total)
    • Anna Member
      November 4, 2010 at 11:18 pm #15912
      "Kora":1rxdshzl wrote:
      "Anna":1rxdshzl wrote:
      Getting killed on this second clone is a perm no matter what, and players can not apply for a restore regardless of the circumstances of their perm.[/quote:1rxdshzl]

Oh god… please no. I don’t really have an opinion on the rest of the post yet, but please don’t give us a "you’re dead no matter what" for any of it.[/quote:1rxdshzl]

Ooookaaay… forget THAT idea. We’ll just stick with two fully functioning clones, then.

• Muddledde Member
      November 5, 2010 at 2:17 am #15915

I understand your reasoning about not having chanced clones, but I still feel limited with 2. After my second, I’m going to become that docile old hermit found in the hills of Alderaan.

• Anna Member
      November 5, 2010 at 5:45 am #15916
      "Muddledde":3q07x8wt wrote:
      I understand your reasoning about not having chanced clones, but I still feel limited with 2. After my second, I’m going to become that docile old hermit found in the hills of Alderaan.[/quote:3q07x8wt]

That’s what you currently are. Now, you’ll get two lives to risk that you didn’t otherwise have! Think of all the fun and mischief you’ll have! It’ll be great!

• DCLXVI Member
      November 9, 2010 at 9:20 am #16008

I say we just say no to clones unless you gots the creds and a doctor. *nods sagely*

People stop running off the mouth without being able to back it up, and maybe no one would die so much!

As so famously stated, "Don’t let your mouth write a check your ass can’t cash."

I mean really, that’s what I see is the problem. Someone talks shit. Someone either A. Goes after them their self or B. Gets a buddy to go after them or C. Hires a bounty hunter.

All the crap talk that goes on OOC and then IC and then someone ends up dead, I can’t really see why we need to ease the deaths. 90% of the time it’s the own persons fault and then they wanna go and bitch about it.

• Andvari Participant
      November 9, 2010 at 1:06 pm #16009

"Ur a fuktard Darth Vader"

(Darth Vader force chokes the retard to death)

(RPC) Retard ‘I WANT A RESTORE DARTH VADER KILLED ME HES A SHITTY FORCER I CULD DO BETTER ALL HE DOES IS PK’

• Anna Member
      November 9, 2010 at 2:04 pm #16010
      "Andvari":1hkttohe wrote:

(RPC) Retard ‘I WANT A RESTORE DARTH VADER KILLED ME HES A SHITTY FORCER I CULD DO BETTER ALL HE DOES IS PK'[/quote:1hkttohe]

(R|P|C) RPC says to Retard ”NO, UR A FUKTARD!!’

• Kirash Participant
      November 9, 2010 at 7:09 pm #16017
      "Anna":alv2hvlq wrote:
      "Andvari":alv2hvlq wrote:

(RPC) Retard ‘I WANT A RESTORE DARTH VADER KILLED ME HES A SHITTY FORCER I CULD DO BETTER ALL HE DOES IS PK'[/quote:alv2hvlq]

(R|P|C) RPC says to Retard ”NO, UR A FUKTARD!!'[/quote:alv2hvlq]

[CouncilNet] [Immortal] ur not supposed to talk to ppl like that…

*fire RPC*

• DCLXVI Member
      November 10, 2010 at 4:33 am #16021
      "Kirash":2c6b2vpw wrote:
      "Anna":2c6b2vpw wrote:
      "Andvari":2c6b2vpw wrote:

(RPC) Retard ‘I WANT A RESTORE DARTH VADER KILLED ME HES A SHITTY FORCER I CULD DO BETTER ALL HE DOES IS PK'[/quote:2c6b2vpw]

(R|P|C) RPC says to Retard ”NO, UR A FUKTARD!!'[/quote:2c6b2vpw]

[CouncilNet] [Immortal] ur not supposed to talk to ppl like that…

*fire RPC*[/quote:2c6b2vpw]

pwned.
      /thread

• Anna Member
      November 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm #16029

Thank you all for your feedback on this topic. I’ll post the results from this forum thread when the staff has reached a consensus.

• Anna Member
      November 18, 2010 at 4:28 am #16150

I know this is a long post, and I’m sorry. I tried to take my agenda, and mix it with the feedback from the imms and the player base to create this policy that we will be introducing in the new timeline. Not everyone will get their way on every point, but I really do think that this policy is a good middle ground for most ideas.

Please feel free to discuss it, or ask questions. If you find an exploit in this system, then let us know so that we can think of some work-arounds to build into our plan.

[color=#BF0000:2vk8ayjl][u:2vk8ayjl][b:2vk8ayjl]Cloned Characters[/b:2vk8ayjl][/u:2vk8ayjl]: The following policy in red applies to characters who have selected to have their characters cloned.

Public cloning supplies and facilities will be available on all main planets.

All players are entitled to clone 2 times. There will be no chance for a clone to fail. Perms that are overturned by the RPC will result in the player receiving an additional clone.

All clones will wake up in a single cloning facility where they will be safe from the player base until they are ready to leave. The cloning facility will be a safe zone with an exit to the game world that is similar to the academy with multiple points of exit leading to multiple planets. (we can have dozens of exit points if need be.)

Upon initially activating a clone, there will be a 30 minute timer that the player is unable to move.

At the end of 30 minutes the player will emerge from the cloning pod and will experience an HP/MV penalty that will last 24 hours. Players who leave the cloning facility may seek the services of a doctor in game who will be able to reduce the penalty time by up to 12 hours.

The HP/MV penalty will not interrupt walking, studying, researching, using comms or engaging in roleplay. The HP/MV penalty will put the clone at a severe disadvantage in a combat situation before the penalty wears off.

All clones will have the skills and levels that the original player had at the time of cloning. With the exception of varying stat penalty which can be retrained to racial max.

Clones may choose to RP from the point immediately before the attack that killed their original pfile. The player may choose to retain all of their RP up until they were attacked, but they may not RP remembering the attack, or the attacker.

All player EQ is forfeited upon death. Clones wake up with nothing, and the cloning facility only provides cloth and needles. [/color:2vk8ayjl]

[color=#0000BF:2vk8ayjl][b:2vk8ayjl][u:2vk8ayjl]Newbie NPC perms or any form of ship related perm:[/u:2vk8ayjl][/b:2vk8ayjl] The following passage in blue pertains to newbies that are killed in ship accidents or NPC deaths prior to 20 years of age.

For these purposes, a newbie is any character that is under the age of 20. Auto clones for NPC caused deaths, and certain ship related deaths will be granted to all players who are considered to be a newbie. The cloning process for newbies is based on the standard cloning except that newbies will not necessarily have a 30 minute timer before waking up and being able to join the IC world again. Newbies will take on the levels and stats that they had at the time of death.

Newbies that were permed by another player using the perm command will not qualify for an auto-clone.

Newbies that were permed by a mob, in an NPC related ship accident will be auto cloned.

Newbies that are in a public ship that is shot down in a planetary border patrol will qualify for an auto-clone. These players will be subject to the 30 activation as described above.

Newbies that are in a privately owned ship that was shot down in a planetary border patrol, or other ship related attack that the individual did not initiate either personally or as a willing part of a group will qualify for a restore if they are found to have been killed needlessly.
      [/color:2vk8ayjl]

[color=#00BF00:2vk8ayjl][u:2vk8ayjl][b:2vk8ayjl]Hospitalizations:[/b:2vk8ayjl][/u:2vk8ayjl] The following passage in green pertains to players who are hospitalized by other players using the murder hospital command.

Players have the ability to force others through a system similar to the cloning system with a reworked hospitalization command. This will send the victim to the cloning facility as a hospitalization. Unlike a perm waking up on a clone, the hospitalized player will have a 6 – 12 hour HP/MV hit, and their EQ will not be forfeited.

Perms must be RPed, or they must be a part of a logical battle and must be in compliance with help perm. Bystanders, innocents or people who present no threat may not be permed but they may be hospitalized as a means to eliminate them as a possible threat.

Hospitalizations may not be random, and should generally follow help perm. Victims will not lose their implants or other upgrades, but they will have to deal with the hp/mv penalty. Attackers will not receive disciplinary actions against them for hospitalizations provided that they didn’t go on a single, unwarranted spree through the city, killing everyone in sight.
      [/color:2vk8ayjl]

• Muddledde Member
      November 19, 2010 at 6:14 am #16158

Most of this sounds good Anna, I like. Though I do have a few comments.

"Anna":1xpdmzml wrote:
      The player may choose to retain all of their RP up until they were attacked[/quote:1xpdmzml]

RP wise, that’s hard to grasp. Remember anything after giving your info to the cloners is hard to make sense, but okay.

"Anna":1xpdmzml wrote:
      but they may not RP remembering the attack, or the attacker.[/quote:1xpdmzml]

Some circumstances, I can understand this, but if you are allowing people to remember everything after the cloning process, this should be remembered too.

Also, I know people are going to start flaming, most of the time you should be able to remember your attacker. Studies have proven that your mind remembers more about dramatic events, and in more detail, then anything else in your life. If somebody walked up behind you, gutted you, and walked away, that’s different. But if you had a decent battle going on, with conversation before/during/after, etc, you should remember who this person is. If you are going to remember everything up to the hour long battle, why can’t you remember the hour long battle too? This topic may be for another forum.

Again though, I like the new rules. Did you decide if we are going to have set amount of clones, and if they are free?

• Kirash Participant
      November 19, 2010 at 10:39 am #16163
      "Muddledde":2wp64wwe wrote:
      "Anna":2wp64wwe wrote:
      but they may not RP remembering the attack, or the attacker.[/quote:2wp64wwe]

Some circumstances, I can understand this, but if you are allowing people to remember everything after the cloning process, this should be remembered too.

Also, I know people are going to start flaming, most of the time you should be able to remember your attacker. Studies have proven that your mind remembers more about dramatic events, and in more detail, then anything else in your life. If somebody walked up behind you, gutted you, and walked away, that’s different. But if you had a decent battle going on, with conversation before/during/after, etc, you should remember who this person is. If you are going to remember everything up to the hour long battle, why can’t you remember the hour long battle too? This topic may be for another forum.

Again though, I like the new rules. Did you decide if we are going to have set amount of clones, and if they are free?[/quote:2wp64wwe]

Not remembering the attack or the attacker is usually conveniently overlooked or worked around in both cases of restores and cloning.

*wakes up from cloning tank*
      *gets comlink*
      talk WHO FUCKIN’ KILLED ME?!
      *gets information*

^
      |
      |
      Loophole imo

• Anna Member
      November 19, 2010 at 5:12 pm #16169

I feel very strongly that all players permed should remember everything 100% at least until the point of attack. I previously felt it should be up to the point of death, but the issue was raised because we didn’t want to invite killings to be an unending cycle of "Omg, you killed me, now I’m coming after you!"

I don’t care what studies say about what people remember in an attack, I don’t care if its good RP or perfectly ICly logical. I need the system to work from an administrative and game management perspective.

We will not offer administrative support to those who are upset because one guy RPs a clone one way, and other RPs it another way. We can easily say that PKing someone because they PKed you isn’t a valid excuse to perm. If they want to find out from their friend who it was that killed them, then they still better find a good reason to launch a counter attack.

• Anastasius Member
      November 20, 2010 at 5:37 am #16181

Is there a limit on clones or will we see repeat super villians that never die? Thats my only worry. I can deal with killing them so many times but I do not want to see the never ending Babuir again.

Also the hospitle thing for bystanders. That is epic. Allows them to rp hate and being injured with no real loss other then delay. Allows for the fighters to do their damage without a million people screaming at them.

• Anna Member
      November 20, 2010 at 6:03 am #16182
      "Anastasius":3a2xcngf wrote:
      Is there a limit on clones or will we see repeat super villians that never die? Thats my only worry. I can deal with killing them so many times but I do not want to see the never ending Babuir again.[/quote:3a2xcngf]

Good question. I updated my previous post to answer this: "All players are entitled to clone 2 times. There will be no chance for a clone to fail. Perms that are overturned by the RPC will result in the player receiving an additional clone."

"Anastasius":3a2xcngf wrote:
      Also the hospitle thing for bystanders. That is epic. Allows them to rp hate and being injured with no real loss other then delay. Allows for the fighters to do their damage without a million people screaming at them.[/quote:3a2xcngf]

Thanks! I also updated the hospitalization portion of my post for clarity. The HP/MV penalty for hospitalization is 12 hours, which can be reduced to 6 hours through use of a new medical skill.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 136 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.