Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Ease of death/PKill
This topic has 135 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Anna.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 136 total)
    • Oteri Participant
      October 30, 2010 at 11:48 am #15548

Something could perhaps be done about turrets and how they almost never miss and deal ridiculous amounts of damage.

• SgtFlippy Member
      October 30, 2010 at 1:08 pm #15550

How the mud currently stands its at a nice place, the only way to ease the burden of dying would be make it easier to access that character you just spent so much time creating. You just spent 8k on your dream race and got permed within the month, ofcourse you’re going to be upset. The point cost system as it is really only limits diversity and how often you’ll see those high point races. I’m of the mind that either halving the current race costs or there abouts wouldn’t exactly hurt that much, sure you’d see a few more of those rarer races but people are still going to play the freebies and lower point cost races because that’s what they’ve planned for and have decided to play regardless of what is available.
      There needs to be less coddling over the fact you died and more thought put into what you’re going to play next. Its a big Galaxy and you can always try something new.

• Corey Participant
      October 30, 2010 at 5:13 pm #15556
      "SgtFlippy":3f8ph1sr wrote:
      sure you’d see a few more of those rarer races but people are still going to play the freebies and lower point cost races because that’s what they’ve planned for and have decided to play regardless of what is available.[/quote:3f8ph1sr]

One of the big reasons they’re actually playing those races is because they can afford them, not because its what they decided to play.

• Oteri Participant
      October 30, 2010 at 7:33 pm #15568
      "xpuma20x":2hmpe93w wrote:
      "SgtFlippy":2hmpe93w wrote:
      sure you’d see a few more of those rarer races but people are still going to play the freebies and lower point cost races because that’s what they’ve planned for and have decided to play regardless of what is available.[/quote:2hmpe93w]

One of the big reasons they’re actually playing those races is because they can afford them, not because its what they decided to play.[/quote:2hmpe93w]
      I disagree.

• Inactive
      October 30, 2010 at 7:38 pm #15570

I play cheap and free races all the time and I can afford any race there is.

• Osric Participant
      October 30, 2010 at 9:44 pm #15577

I play what I can afford, which isn’t much. Though I did spring for a corellian and a wookiee this TL. Of course the wookiee was on sale.. but meh.

• Corey Participant
      October 30, 2010 at 10:41 pm #15581
      "Oteri":157xb1ep wrote:
      "xpuma20x":157xb1ep wrote:
      "SgtFlippy":157xb1ep wrote:
      sure you’d see a few more of those rarer races but people are still going to play the freebies and lower point cost races because that’s what they’ve planned for and have decided to play regardless of what is available.[/quote:157xb1ep]

One of the big reasons they’re actually playing those races is because they can afford them, not because its what they decided to play.[/quote:157xb1ep]
      I disagree.[/quote:157xb1ep]

Can you go into more depth on the disagreement? It just seems like common sense to me that a reason behind people playing free races is because they can’t afford other stuff.

• Kora Participant
      October 30, 2010 at 10:43 pm #15582
      "xpuma20x":2l09c3ym wrote:
      Can you go into more depth on the disagreement? It just seems like common sense to me that a reason behind people playing free races is because they can’t afford other stuff.[/quote:2l09c3ym]

In my opinion it’s less about not being able to afford it, more about not wanted to waste points on a character that you’re not sure you’re going to be enthusiastic about or haven’t decided what direction you want to go with it yet.

I mean, when the Empire got randomly suddenly saturated with Wroonians it wasn’t because everybody loved Wroonians or because nobody had 1500 points to spent on a Balosar (or whatever else). It was because everybody needed to pick an Imperial race and Wroonians are free and more fun than baseline humans. Why weren’t Naboo or Alderaanians getting spam rolled? Let’s not kid ourselves, it’s because they’re more expensive.

The majority of characters around are of free or cheap races and that’s the way it will always be, regardless of which races are cheap or free. There will always be players who save up to play the character they want who happens to belong to a more expensive race, but most players just don’t go and spend 6,000 points on an impulse roll.

• Avanga Member
      October 30, 2010 at 10:44 pm #15583

I actually don’t like expensive races, personally. I prefer a weak but well-rounded combatant to a heavy fucking tank.

And I like the concept of Naboo and Alderaanians, but I would never roll either of thme because their levels are pretty garbage for anything I’d want to do.

• Corey Participant
      October 30, 2010 at 10:53 pm #15587

So I guess that opens up the question of…If you’ve got the points to buy other races…but don’t because you’re not happy with the choices (or whatever other reason there is for not liking/wanting the races)…what can you do with those points? Just keep saving for Force? You could buy levels on that character you’re not so sure about lol…

"Avanga":3bdztr8n wrote:
      I actually don’t like expensive races, personally. I prefer a weak but well-rounded combatant to a heavy fucking tank.

And I like the concept of Naboo and Alderaanians, but I would never roll either of thme because their levels are pretty garbage for anything I’d want to do.[/quote:3bdztr8n]

Just brainstorming here, what about offering players the ability to invest points into not only leveling the character, but raising the levels? You really really want to play an Alderaanian combatant. Obviously there should be an Alderaanian out there that could at some point master the upper tier of combat skills. However, Alderaanians are -40 combat, they’re not going to hit 150 combat levels. So why not allow players to buy up that combat from -40 to +40 or whatever? Of course there could be limits on there, like you can only spend X points, or you can only raise like 2 skill groups…

Example: Alderaanian Combatant…Starts at -40 combat. I spend 5000 points to raise it to Combat +30.

Thoughts?

• Avanga Member
      October 30, 2010 at 11:18 pm #15588

Sounds great… until you run into the guy who had enough points to buy a Neimoidian espi main forcer with 150 combat.

<–

• Drel Member
      October 30, 2010 at 11:24 pm #15589
      "Avanga":3uhccmg9 wrote:
      Sounds great… until you run into the guy who had enough points to buy a Neimoidian espi main forcer with 150 combat.

<–[/quote:3uhccmg9]
      I was thinking Toydarian myself. And maybe roll a nice Abyssin forcer buddy for him while I’m at it, too. I really need to use up some of my points.

As for the topic of the thread, I’m wholeheartedly behind the "expanded cloning" approach. It’s easy; it’s EU-compliant (in theory)… and it leaves it up to the players. Any reactionary/IMM/RPC system is a lot less feasible.

• Corey Participant
      October 30, 2010 at 11:25 pm #15590

Thats why I said there would need to be some limits put in place and not just a free for all investment of 30,000 points.

Edit: Err doesn’t seem like I did say that in my post, but I meant to lol

• Fishy Participant
      October 31, 2010 at 1:09 am #15593

The only thing wrong with cloning is that it only works on Rojan.

Cloning needs to either have a reasonable chance of working and have some sort of protection against ganksquads in the clone tubes, or it needs to not exist.

• Anna Member
      October 31, 2010 at 3:12 am #15592
      "Fishy":3t5no5dt wrote:
      The only thing wrong with cloning is that it only works on Rojan.

Cloning needs to either have a reasonable chance of working and have some sort of protection against ganksquads in the clone tubes, or it needs to not exist.[/quote:3t5no5dt]

I will be happy to alter cloning to work 100% of the time, IF we can agree to the following changes:

1. The player suffers a temporary loss of HP and MV which increase to their normal levels over a period of 24 hours (played or not played) from the time they were permed. Someone with 150 medical can heal them to decrease this healing time from 24 hours to 12 hours.
      2. The cloning chamber is redesigned in such a way that players cannot camp the area waiting for people to log in so that they can kill them again. (This is actually really simple to do)
      3. The total number of clones that a person is capable of getting is 2. (And as many restore requests as they entitled to)
      4. Restore requests can be handled from the clone if the player is willing to forfeit any armor that would have otherwise been restored to them. (I understand that EQ is not currently restored if it is lost, anyway)
      5. We agree to a simple RP system that allows players to RP their storylines from the point that they are permed. (To agree to anything less would require too much administrative enforcement)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 136 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.