Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium A Call for Open Discussion
This topic has 113 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 5 months ago by Drel.
Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
    • Troll Participant
      November 7, 2010 at 6:37 pm #15978
      "chuckinator":392494eq wrote:
      When an escape pod launches from a ship, it’s just an escape pod. Instead, it should be an ISD escape pod or an MC80 escape pod or an Ajax escape pod.[/quote:392494eq]

Why? They’re all pods in the sky, besides, it adds to the excitement of getting shot down in crossfire by your clannie.

• Kora Participant
      November 9, 2010 at 4:59 am #16001
      "chuckinator":2impmq1k wrote:
      Oh, I got a new one!

Make [b:2impmq1k]memorycheck <name>[/b:2impmq1k] show the individuals race and skincolor in addition to just how many days you last saw them.[/quote:2impmq1k]

This has been mentioned before (since the topic Troll linked to, even) and people seem to categorically like it.

I will, however, restate the issue that I brought up in the topic Troll linked to:

This allows for abuse with dubbing a restrung person and then checking their name in your memcheck to see their race and gender.

I’ll also restate the fix I thought of later and posted in another topic:

Just don’t allow people to dub through restrung armor. That’s cheap in the first place.

I’m wholeheartedly for having that information under mem <name>, but not without that fix… otherwise terrible terrible things will happen! And the true_examine skill would be pretty obsolete.

• chuckinator Member
      November 9, 2010 at 4:31 pm #16011
      "Kora":3eu1ifb4 wrote:
      "chuckinator":3eu1ifb4 wrote:
      Oh, I got a new one!

Make [b:3eu1ifb4]memorycheck <name>[/b:3eu1ifb4] show the individuals race and skincolor in addition to just how many days you last saw them.[/quote:3eu1ifb4]

This has been mentioned before (since the topic Troll linked to, even) and people seem to categorically like it.

I will, however, restate the issue that I brought up in the topic Troll linked to:

This allows for abuse with dubbing a restrung person and then checking their name in your memcheck to see their race and gender.

I’ll also restate the fix I thought of later and posted in another topic:

Just don’t allow people to dub through restrung armor. That’s cheap in the first place.

I’m wholeheartedly for having that information under mem <name>, but not without that fix… otherwise terrible terrible things will happen! And the true_examine skill would be pretty obsolete.[/quote:3eu1ifb4]

I agree. Dubbing people wearing restrung armor shouldn’t work. If there is some way of making it work, then the dub should follow the armor and have the restring as the memorycheck <name>, not the person wearing it and their race.

• Inactive
      November 9, 2010 at 5:11 pm #16012

Just take out restrung armor. Most of it looks retarded anyway.

• Kirash Participant
      November 14, 2010 at 3:13 pm #16084

I have a question about the alignment system.

How much of a pain would it be to incorporate Chaotic Neutral and Lawful Neutral alignments into our alignment system? I know it’s not simply just putting them in there since the alignments we have now follow a scale from +1000 to -1000 good to evil or something like that.

The reason why I ask this is because there are just some times when True Neutral is just too neutral on the Order/Chaos scale to effectively describe your alignment.

*can already hear all the people who will say that no one ever follows their alignment anyway*

• Muddledde Member
      November 14, 2010 at 6:52 pm #16088

I’m sure some people do follow their alignment, and others don’t.

I tend to hate to choose an alignment for my character before I get a chance to RP with them. I set my characters with certain ideas, and try to play from there. After getting some RP I like to then choose my alignment, but it’s too late by then.

I would love to choose to play a Lawful Neutral character. I don’t care if you are Jedi or Sith. You’re on our planet, and you follow our rules.

• chuckinator Member
      November 16, 2010 at 10:22 pm #16137

It’d be nice to see buildstructure up and working. Have some mechanism like ship building where only the architecture team can enter the structure to setup rooms until the project is complete and blessed by an appropriate category immortal. Add some skills for medical, slicing, piloting, and espionage mains so that you can’t have a broadcast station can’t be installed without a slicer or a bacta tank can’t be installed without a medic or a pad can’t be created without a pilot of decent experience. Just an idea, and I’m pretty sure this topic has seen its fair share of flame in the past.

• Troll Participant
      November 16, 2010 at 11:14 pm #16136
      "chuckinator":3lqozs2y wrote:
      It’d be nice to see buildstructure up and working. Have some mechanism like ship building where only the architecture team can enter the structure to setup rooms until the project is complete and blessed by an appropriate category immortal. Add some skills for medical, slicing, piloting, and espionage mains so that you can’t have a broadcast station can’t be installed without a slicer or a bacta tank can’t be installed without a medic or a pad can’t be created without a pilot of decent experience. Just an idea, and I’m pretty sure this topic has seen its fair share of flame in the past.[/quote:3lqozs2y]

Structures are rarely cool, less so if there’s 30 of them on a planet.

• Drel Member
      November 16, 2010 at 11:33 pm #16138
      "Troll":3pi7rmbl wrote:
      "chuckinator":3pi7rmbl wrote:
      It’d be nice to see buildstructure up and working. Have some mechanism like ship building where only the architecture team can enter the structure to setup rooms until the project is complete and blessed by an appropriate category immortal. Add some skills for medical, slicing, piloting, and espionage mains so that you can’t have a broadcast station can’t be installed without a slicer or a bacta tank can’t be installed without a medic or a pad can’t be created without a pilot of decent experience. Just an idea, and I’m pretty sure this topic has seen its fair share of flame in the past.[/quote:3pi7rmbl]

Structures are rarely cool, less so if there’s 30 of them on a planet.[/quote:3pi7rmbl]
      Agreed. Buildstructure was basically the only part of the "wilderness" project that ever made it past the drawing board. And it’s useless without wilderness code, which is in turn useless without a large and active playerbase (large enough to get bored with existing areas or clanned enough to spill over to wilderness areas for battles, hideouts, et al). The only way I could see it fitting in with LotJ as the game currently stands is if planets were stripped of a lot of their shops/apartments/etc. and compensated with "buildstructure" locations for the ruling clans to put in apartments, shops, et al.

Viewing 9 posts - 106 through 114 (of 114 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.