Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium A Call for Open Discussion
This topic has 113 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 5 months ago by Drel.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
    • Kora Participant
      November 2, 2010 at 6:48 am #15735
      "xpuma20x":1ake0bh8 wrote:
      This is something that would need to be brainstormed on a bit. I’d like to see a way to present character concepts, clan creation concepts etc…to the IMMs for opinions and so on…but not having to use IMMchat or bug them on their personal IM’s. I know we could email them with the info, but the majority of my emails don’t seem to actually get to anyone anyways…generally falling through the cracks, spam folder….or whatever happens to them that gets the "I didn’t see an email from you" message. At first I thought that we could have a separate forum section to get input, but if you’re wanting it to be a secret crime clan or whatever…posting that info up for everyone who bothers to check the forums, isn’t a great idea. Perhaps a hidden section of the forum for those that have requested to be in the discussion, those we know are seasoned players who would offer honest critiques and assistance for the ideas?[/quote:1ake0bh8]
      Allowing anybody but the immortals to see that just sounds like a catalog of easy OOC-to-IC information. The immortals are already pretty receptive to running concepts by them, as long as you catch them when they’re not superduper busy, which is the hard part. I’ve seen other MUDs that have a similar sort of system, but they’re always either a lot more relaxed about IC vs. OOC or intolerably elitist and I’m really not interested in seeing LotJ become more like either of those.
    • Corey Participant
      November 2, 2010 at 7:04 am #15739

Thats why I said IMMs and possibly pre-approved veteran players. And, I agree, if I can actually catch a responsive IMM that’ll hear my concept out, thats great…However the majority of the time the response is "Yeah thats cool." and "You’d need to talk to Walldo about that." So, if you could somehow open it up for multiple people, though not every single person that comes along, and make it so its an ongoing discussion that people don’t have to respond right then…then I think it could work. Though, I could just continue to bug the people I know and see what they think…but eventually you have to run it past a staff member, in general Walldo, if you are wanting something unique beyond the "create clan" feature.

• Drel Member
      November 2, 2010 at 1:00 pm #15746
      "chuckinator":rizdwdol wrote:
      Variable kick & circle echo message –
      No one is a stranger to the kick/circle spam. I’m not proposing to change the behavior of the commands, but atleast add a pool of something like 10-25 different possible output messages so there’s some variety in the echo output.
      [/quote:rizdwdol]
      I looked into coding this, and it would require a not-insignificant overhaul of the damage system. As it is, kicks and circles (and the rest) are treated as another attack type, much like unarmed or with a blaster/lightsaber/vibroblade. Which means the generic message is always "Your <attack type> <damage amount> <target>!"

I’ll edit this post when I do some more digging, because it still might be easy, but it’s not looking that way at the moment (I have one more way to check out).

Edited to add: Ok, it’s not that difficult to do (assuming some things). But, the problem is in the implementation: do you make it so the "variable" message is in place of the current "Your <attack type> <damage amount> <target>" one (making it impossible for a non-avatar combat to know how much damage they did; they wouldn’t have the vague damage clues like thrash/maul/wound/etc.), or do you change it so something like this? "Your hands rake across <target’s> eyes! Your gouge <damage amount> <target>! <damage message for 100+ combat>"

• Sanshiro Participant
      November 2, 2010 at 2:09 pm #15748

First thing that came into my head:

Imm/Player interaction, apps, requests.
      I’d like to see the assist system more generalized and without the persistent spam. More or less like the rpctrial thing, but for pretty much everything you’d like to ask an imm. The important thing here is FEEDBACK.

You have a problem, you submit a ticket. Wouldn’t it be nice if you’d be able to check your request and see if any imm has taken interest in it? Imms will be able to comment on it so that you actually don’t have to ask them all the time on immchat about it.

For example:
      Dave was mugged. He submits a ticket, explaining what happened to him including all sorts of information and mails his logs.
      Dave waits. He can check the progress of his ticket any time.
      Things he can check:
      1) If an imm is working on his problem. Imms should be able to either have their name visible or it could be hidden. But at least he’ll know that someone is working on his problem.
      2) If an imm has left a comment on his ticket. For example: "We’re investigating your case" or "Sorry, this was not a case of mugging" stuff like that."

That should generally help and I’m fairly sure that people will be less "annoying" on immchat.

Same thing could happen for applications. On the site instead of the only two app statuses (DENIED ACCEPTED) there should be more feedback, more information on the progress and of course comments that can change dynamically.

You should be able to add more staff to your app and it would be nice if the imms actually demanded more stuff on the go. "I like your app, but I find character’s background quite weak." and the player focuses on creating a richer background.

Feedback guys, give people feedback. Inform players not only upon your final decision, but throughout the whole process.

p.s. I’m not in any way implying that the imms are doing a poor job or anything. I’m was just thinking of a way that requests could be more easily organized (Think that each ticket will have a unique id, and the imms will be able to list them/search by keyword, search by account name), will definitely reduce spam on immchat and will keep players easily updated on their issue.. not to mention the availability thing. It is possible that there’s not an imm currently available. The ticket has nothing to with availability, since the request will be there, and an imm can begin working on the issue when they log in or see it.

• Lexx416 Participant
      November 2, 2010 at 3:30 pm #15757
      "chuckinator":36cwyv0w wrote:
      A few things:
      Debts/Loans –
      A lot of players make a loan to another. I don’t think that straight up wiring money is a good idea due to potential for abuse (bounce the funds around your aim clique until one of your alts basically gave creds to another), but it’s a pain to line up online times. Instead of giving someone money, you can loan it to them. You specify how much to give them, you specify either how much you want back or a per diem interest rate (could encourage them to pay up quicker), and they can make their payments to a bank terminal.

Ship financing –
      The rent-to-own programs that I’ve seen starting up are good, but it would be awesome to have a financing system in place. The person selling you a ship sets a downpayment (has to be paid then and there), total price, buyer (can just be an alias. people are weird about names for good reason). Until the buyer has made all payments at a bank terminal, they get access to the ship in a way similar to pirateship, but the moment they pay it off, ownership changes. This is a royal PITA if you buy a ship from someone not in a clan and you’re working in different timezones and different online times. It could also make the process for eng. clans easier.

Cargo ship rental –
      Currently, cargo rentals and the owner/pilot split is all on the honor system. Yeah, all well and good, but it’d be nice to be able to have a code system to offer ships for rental. If could require IC RP (which I would prefer to see), or have some sort of automated terminal similar to taxis. You set a bank account, a rental deposit amount (could just be ship value), and an owner percentage between 0-50%. Everytime freight is sold at a terminal, the owners percentage is dumped into the specified bank account.
      [/quote:36cwyv0w]

I really, really, REALLY like these ideas. It’d make it so much easier on minor clans to regulate all of these things. As it is, I’ve tried to do ship financing, and working out a program isn’t that hard. The hard part is, trying to be online ALL THE TIME to collect the other payments, and trying to work out a fair means of repossession terms.

Unless this was ridiculously hard to code, I don’t see any reason NOT to implement these three ideas.

• Oteri Participant
      November 3, 2010 at 1:35 am #15829

On a note unrelated to most things here, what we really need is a Sarlaac pit you SHOULDN’T jump into, because it is RETARDED.

• Osric Participant
      November 3, 2010 at 9:52 pm #15862

A few things I know some people want to see that haven’t been touched on yet.

1. The ability to make other types of spice!

2. Bioplugs! They need to be redone. Either give me an option to turn it on or off, or make it so it only works if your hand wearloc is empty (Why can this thing transmit energy through my gloves anyhow?).. Also be kinda cool if they recharged other things besides weapons.. As it stands bioplugs are useless and for newbies who don’t know any better, a death trap hah.

3. Quest should point you toward the next tier with hints or something..I know most people know the quests by heart now, but newbies don’t, and asking on zero sometimes gets ya jack as far as what to do next.

And… thats about all I can recall at the moment.

• Kora Participant
      November 4, 2010 at 1:07 am #15869
      "chuckinator":39flzjxt wrote:
      A few things:
      Debts/Loans –
      A lot of players make a loan to another. I don’t think that straight up wiring money is a good idea due to potential for abuse (bounce the funds around your aim clique until one of your alts basically gave creds to another), but it’s a pain to line up online times. Instead of giving someone money, you can loan it to them. You specify how much to give them, you specify either how much you want back or a per diem interest rate (could encourage them to pay up quicker), and they can make their payments to a bank terminal.

Ship financing –
      The rent-to-own programs that I’ve seen starting up are good, but it would be awesome to have a financing system in place. The person selling you a ship sets a downpayment (has to be paid then and there), total price, buyer (can just be an alias. people are weird about names for good reason). Until the buyer has made all payments at a bank terminal, they get access to the ship in a way similar to pirateship, but the moment they pay it off, ownership changes. This is a royal PITA if you buy a ship from someone not in a clan and you’re working in different timezones and different online times. It could also make the process for eng. clans easier.

Cargo ship rental –
      Currently, cargo rentals and the owner/pilot split is all on the honor system. Yeah, all well and good, but it’d be nice to be able to have a code system to offer ships for rental. If could require IC RP (which I would prefer to see), or have some sort of automated terminal similar to taxis. You set a bank account, a rental deposit amount (could just be ship value), and an owner percentage between 0-50%. Everytime freight is sold at a terminal, the owners percentage is dumped into the specified bank account.
      [/quote:39flzjxt]
      I will admit that having to be online at the same time can be frustrating, especially when dealing with somebody in a different timezone who you just happened to bump into long enough to agree to loan them some credits one time a few weeks ago.

The Rent-to-Own system would be really nice for clans, actually… I’m in favor of that, mostly. However, I like that we have the ability to rip people off and to get ripped off. Let’s not completely nerf RPing a dishonest character just for the sake of convenience…

"Osric":39flzjxt wrote:
      1. The ability to make other types of spice![/quote:39flzjxt]
      This has been mentioned a couple times and never received the attention I think it deserves. I’d love a larger variety of spices.
    • Osric Participant
      November 4, 2010 at 2:30 am #15877

No love for redoing bioplugs?

I honestly think they could be… well useful.. As it stands now they are an implant to fail town, population = you.

• Gyndi Participant
      November 4, 2010 at 5:49 pm #15896
      "Oteri":d5czrndy wrote:
      On a note unrelated to most things here, what we really need is a Sarlaac pit you SHOULDN’T jump into, because it is RETARDED.[/quote:d5czrndy]

lol… +1

• chuckinator Member
      November 6, 2010 at 9:02 am #15935

Oh, I got a new one!

Make [b:34rikrb9]memorycheck <name>[/b:34rikrb9] show the individuals race and skincolor in addition to just how many days you last saw them.

• Slyth Member
      November 6, 2010 at 10:25 am #15937
      "chuckinator":1t3349i4 wrote:
      Oh, I got a new one!

Make [b:1t3349i4]memorycheck <name>[/b:1t3349i4] show the individuals race and skincolor in addition to just how many days you last saw them.[/quote:1t3349i4]

I feel insulted… I brought that up a few days ago… I think it was on ooc in game.

• Inactive
      November 6, 2010 at 5:00 pm #15944
      "chuckinator":36dy5hrs wrote:
      Oh, I got a new one!

Make [b:36dy5hrs]memorycheck <name>[/b:36dy5hrs] show the individuals race and skincolor in addition to just how many days you last saw them.[/quote:36dy5hrs]

I like it

• chuckinator Member
      November 6, 2010 at 10:44 pm #15948

When an escape pod launches from a ship, it’s just an escape pod. Instead, it should be an ISD escape pod or an MC80 escape pod or an Ajax escape pod.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 114 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.