Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium What we should be able to purchase with points
This topic has 51 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 1 month ago by Fishy.
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
    • Muddledde Member
      November 16, 2010 at 2:20 pm #16129

While on the subject of points, I wanted to bring up the option to purchase force.

I enjoy the fact it is being brought down to 10000 and I would enjoy playing as a forcer (I think), but one thing that will probably prevent me from doing that; there is almost a 1 in 3 chance that my 10000 will go to waste.

Could this be a 100% thing? You are spending your hard earned points. At least for me they are hard earned. I feel that being able to purchase something like this is something that you have earned. You don’t go to the dealership, sign your papers for a new car, and wait for the dealer to roll some dice; "Oh, look at that! Better luck next time. I hope you’re still able to pay your monthly payments without a car to get around." Same thing with choosing your race. It’s an earned thing, you don’t choose your race and log on to find out you’re still a human.

• Drel Member
      November 16, 2010 at 3:06 pm #16130
      "Muddledde":alnlc27b wrote:
      "Drel":alnlc27b wrote:
      Pardon my French, but if you’re trying to DIVERSIFY the range of combatant races, then why the fuck did you suggest that the stat caps be changed based on racial stats?[/quote:alnlc27b]

Wouldn’t breaking the fact that everybody has a stat of 25 be diversifying? Ya know, some reach 20, some reach 30, some reach 16 (like Jawas). Isn’t that being diverse? Did I miss something?[/quote:alnlc27b]
      It won’t diversify, because only the plain stupid would play the non-combat races as a combatant; too much relies on max dex and high str. So, yes, you missed something.

"Muddledde":alnlc27b wrote:
      While on the subject of points, I wanted to bring up the option to purchase force.

Could this be a 100% thing?[/quote:alnlc27b]
      That’s one of the "already approved" changes Anna’s making, so you’re about two weeks behind the times.

tl;dr = You’re terribly misinformed.

• Anna Member
      April 21, 2011 at 3:30 pm #17094

Last I remember, we agreed to make the force purchase a 100% thing, but then we decided not to lower it to 10,000 points because over 1000 accounts would suddenly have the ability to buy force.

We had also had some refund ideas for people who purchase force and die before knighted, or die before being awakened.

Consider this thread bumped back up.

• Andvari Participant
      April 21, 2011 at 3:57 pm #17101

I’m not a big fan of points forcers in the first place, let alone making all of them high levels. If this happens, the staff needs to follow through on their commitment of enforcing a higher standard of roleplay amongst forcers. We’ve had a -lot- of miserable forcers in recent times: "talk u jerk off 2 the darksied". Rolled, purchased or applied for- it shouldn’t matter. These characters are a big modifier in how mud roleplay is conducted.

• Zeromus Participant
      April 21, 2011 at 8:40 pm #17113
      "Andvari":39o2k85f wrote:
      I’m not a big fan of points forcers in the first place, let alone making all of them high levels. If this happens, the staff needs to follow through on their commitment of enforcing a higher standard of roleplay amongst forcers. We’ve had a -lot- of miserable forcers in recent times: "talk u jerk off 2 the darksied". Rolled, purchased or applied for- it shouldn’t matter. These characters are a big modifier in how mud roleplay is conducted.[/quote:39o2k85f]

Before playing a forcer, I thought it would be a cool idea to let more people have access to that roleplaying experience. After playing one last era, I am absolutely in agreement with Andvari. There 100% needs to be better enforcement of the higher standard of roleplay that’s expected from forcers. I was for being able to buy force before that, but after seeing how some of the people who bought force acted and how little the staff cared (every time there was a complaint it was met with excuses. Nobody really cares how little you guys are around, we just care that you do something when you are around.). Please do something on an enforcement level before making high levels of force available to players who are essentially griefers.

• Kirash Participant
      April 22, 2011 at 12:03 am #17117
      "Zeromus":3h0b9zeq wrote:
      "Andvari":3h0b9zeq wrote:
      I’m not a big fan of points forcers in the first place, let alone making all of them high levels. If this happens, the staff needs to follow through on their commitment of enforcing a higher standard of roleplay amongst forcers. We’ve had a -lot- of miserable forcers in recent times: "talk u jerk off 2 the darksied". Rolled, purchased or applied for- it shouldn’t matter. These characters are a big modifier in how mud roleplay is conducted.[/quote:3h0b9zeq]

Before playing a forcer, I thought it would be a cool idea to let more people have access to that roleplaying experience. After playing one last era, I am absolutely in agreement with Andvari. There 100% needs to be better enforcement of the higher standard of roleplay that’s expected from forcers. I was for being able to buy force before that, but after seeing how some of the people who bought force acted and how little the staff cared (every time there was a complaint it was met with excuses. Nobody really cares how little you guys are around, we just care that you do something when you are around.). Please do something on an enforcement level before making high levels of force available to players who are essentially griefers.[/quote:3h0b9zeq]

QFT on both counts.

For those of you who actually adhere to the higher standard (you know who you are and I don’t need to name names), and those of you who enforce the higher standard, keep leading by example. Hopefully people will get the fucking hint.

• Fishy Participant
      April 22, 2011 at 2:05 am #17120

Eh, being able to buy force is fine and should be allowed to continue, the need for RP enforcement exists whether or not there are points bought forcers. I’ve seen more nat rolls and sets RP terribly than bought forcers. After all, bought force is 20,000 points, a 1 in 3 chance of getting fuck all, generally not that much force, and no guarantees you’ll be awakened, or even told if you’re FS.

If someone wants to roll the dice and take the risk, let them.

And at the same time, nat rolls or apps shouldn’t somehow excuse terrible RP either. Hold every single player to the supposed high standard of RP.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.