Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat The "Races Next Timeline" Thread
Tagged: 
This topic has 51 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cnemus.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
    • KRESKZZORZ Participant
      February 17, 2013 at 8:15 pm #21022

If you asked me (you have)  to make up a list of how I would break up the races (I did) using the point spread I adopted it would look this this:

FREE — Twi’lek Bothan Zabrak Muun Ithorian Besalisk Cerean Iktotchi Neimoidian Quermian Vurk Utai Gungan Gran  Mon_Calamari Human Pau’an

1/500 — Falleen Sluissi Quarren Toong Nautolan Khommite Ryn Hutt Alderaanian Corellian Naboo Lorrdian

1/1000 — Talz Rodian Chagrian Sullustan Zeltron Wroonian

500/1000 — Arkanian Kaminoan Ryn Offshoot Baragwin Duros Bith Kubaz Geonosian Kiffar Nikto Lannik Firrerreo Draethos

500/2000 — Barabel Aqualish Trandoshan Weequay Gotal Wookiee Dug Verpine Givin Mirialan

1000/3000 — Jawa Togruta Kaleesh

1000/4000 — T’Surr Defel Gand Kel_dor

2000/3000 — Gamorrean Dashade

3000/3000 — Cathar Echani

4000/2000 — Ubese Feeorin

5000/1000 — Abyssin Whiphid Noghri Mandalorian Miraluka Dathomiri

• Ocerion Participant
      February 17, 2013 at 8:21 pm #21023

I like that model…and don’t like it. I don’t think the COST should ever get over 3k IMO. Unless…the Imms will start rewarding bonus points upon the final death of said 6k cost chars, to equal up to 6k, if said chars were well RP’d and not random douchebags. Just feels like most people will never roll a char that is only going to cost points from their potential force roll in the end. Also ya know…it might help people RP some of these races better if there was some reward/penalty system…(See: Why are the Gamorreans almost always so terrible. Such a great race just…ruined.)

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      February 17, 2013 at 8:27 pm #21025

Having the max cost at 5000 with a 1000 deposit should net you somewhere around 2500 points upon death, and up to a max of 4500. This keeps points in your pool so you can buy in to a majority of the available races while effectively creating a “cooldown timer” so the same player won’t be repeatedly playing the highest cost races, of course this doesn’t take into account buying levels at creation. And as for a penalty system that’s what deposits are for, you don’t abide by the races RP and are playing a high tier race you lose your deposit and will get bumped down even another tier after you die. With this model the most heavily RP enforced tiers would be 1000/3000 on up because they stand the most to lose due to the scale of the deposits.

the races from free to 2500 allow you to practically buy back in instantly even if you didn’t earn any points

• Andvari Participant
      February 18, 2013 at 12:47 am #21037

Iktotchi are too good to be free, Nautolan are too good to be 500/1.  Weequay are too good period.

Keep app-only races the way they are, I don’t want to see a bunch of people shitting up a bunch of cool races.

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      February 18, 2013 at 2:50 am #21038

i sort of just left iktotchi and nautolan where they are at now, prices are not just an interpretation of how “good” they are but of their availability, though rethinking it i would probably move iktotchi up.  i also think some races would need to have a little tweaking done to make them somewhat comparable to the other races that are placed in the same point bracket. and of course both the specific brackets and which races are in which are just examples, they would need some playtesting to see how the pbase responds to and exploits them.

as far as apped races i think they would need to be evaluated on a case by case basis of why they are app only and if they can fit in with a scaled buy system. i won’t pretend to know the philosophy of the metagame that is being aimed for just give my interpretation.

also: i am 100% for kushiban not being even on the table as a playable race

also also: i think i’m hijacking the thread i’ll be quiet now

• Ocerion Participant
      February 20, 2013 at 10:00 pm #21060

Iktotchi are pretty good for a free race.

Side note: Can we have Selkath please?

• Cronlan Participant
      February 21, 2013 at 3:09 am #21064

Toong are too powerful how they are now. Weequay are too good.

Jawas are played poorly and it doesn’t make sense for them to go out running galactic corporations or even using a comlink to communicate with everyone.

Side note: Stop complaining about races being too expensive for you to save up for force. Buying a cool race that you want is BUYING a race, as in taking a loss from what you saved up to do something fun. You won’t get the points you use to buy force back when it dies. If force is all that matters to you, play the free-race game or deposit only game.

• Kirash Participant
      February 21, 2013 at 8:11 am #21065

“Jawas are played poorly and it doesn’t make sense for them to go out running galactic corporations or even using a comlink to communicate with everyone.”

Well you know if people who actually app’d for the clans would actually do something with it instead of disappearing, quitting the clan, and then joining another clan…

• KRESKZZORZ Participant
      February 27, 2013 at 12:08 pm #21120

sorry i lost internet and wasn’t able to log in and was deposed as clan leader kirash

also: go fuck yourself

• Direz Participant
      March 5, 2013 at 2:33 pm #21209

I kinda wanna see Squib. They’re like jawas in levels I think, but speak basic and some minor changes in their skills. Can wookiepedia them.

Overplayed? I’ve seen a lot of bothans I suppose, most of them sucked. Lots of Zabraks and Twi’leks but they were common in the universe I think anyways.

I’ll never play a baseline human when I can be a naboo or Zabrak for the same cost. Human levels are dirty comparitively. I’m not sure about OP races though, havn’t made many.

• Corey Participant
      March 5, 2013 at 3:36 pm #21211

Overplayed – Zabrak. Though being free justifies why they’re played so much. The “overplayed” concept often stems around someone seeing one character romp on others and then go “Oh man that race must be good” so they then make one themselves. A few years back, wasn’t there talk of releasing an ongoing list of how many of each race there are in the game at any given time to help people diverse their selection of their next character? Like, a list that says there’s 315 Corellians, 290 Twi’leks, 270 Zabraks…etc?

Underplayed – Anything that costs over 1000 points. The price to stat ratio just isn’t justified among most of the races. I agree with Ocerion in that once you get to around the 10k point value, most people would just rather save up for Force instead of risking it on a character that they’d never be able to get as many points back on. I’ve never liked the cap on points for a character and think that if you spend 5000 points to buy a race, you should have a solid chance to get a lot of that back if you play them for a bit. I also think there should be a way to be awarded points back for a race that costs so much and you ended up wasting it cause some pilot got trigger happy or something. Maybe an application process sent to the IMMs to suggest recouping some of those points. I know we don’t want a whole army of Whiphids running around, but 1 or 2 per TL just seems lame.

Weak – Wookies have horrific stats for their point values. I can understand maybe having a high deposit so you don’t have new players running around acting stupid, but the point value is just absurd for those stats.

Overpowered – Vurk have quite amazing stats for a free race imho. I’d put them at least in the 500/500 category. The same should be said for Toong, they need to be bumped up to at least 500/500 or more with the stats they get.

Races that need to go – Gungan, Kushiban (wtf really?), base humans (why be a base human with the worst stats in the history of stats when you can get a Naboo?).  I also think races like Noghri and such should just be removed since the apps never seem to get approved anyways…so why waste a slot on them?

• Corey Participant
      March 5, 2013 at 4:16 pm #21212

Suggested races to look in to: Umbaran, Rattataki, Selkath, Skakoan, Massassi (Doesn’t this race come and go based on the storyline?) Chevin, Klatooinian, Evocii, Theelin (hell we have zeltrons), Gossam, Xexto, Neti, Sanyassan, Troig (heh talk about some whacky RP), Pa’lowick (I kid, I kid!)

• authority Member
      March 5, 2013 at 4:37 pm #21213

Moar races. Pantoran and Theelin are defiantly races I’d like to see.

• Kebron Participant
      March 5, 2013 at 5:11 pm #21216

Kawakian monkey-lizards. Think how much better this timeline would have been if you had a monkey-lizard sitting on Rarseks shoulder screaming “HAR!” hahahahahahahah

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.