Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Slicer Revisions
This topic has 48 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kirash.
Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
    • Kora Participant
      April 21, 2010 at 12:53 am #14193

I actually really like the idea of being able to encrypt/decrypt message disks. Same with having a slicer version of pick ship lock (or just make short work on ships, if your level is high enough).

I agree that slicers should have some more skills and should be a more viable class, but the issue with people trying to hit high levels in other classes as well is hardly restricted to slicer. Diplomacy and science are both far more neglected than slicer is… but that’s a conversation for another thread.

• Helix Participant
      April 21, 2010 at 12:45 pm #14200

The only way I can see remote look up actually ‘working’ is if you know someone’s real name (via greet or being told by someone else) and you an look up their ‘file’ like a general name search. It wouldn’t work on dub or ‘human male blah blah blah’.

I’m all for all the other xp raises through for slicer, it needs to be done. Slicer is probably the slowest raising skill group due to that issue though it was probably intentionally made that way.

• Kora Participant
      April 21, 2010 at 3:26 pm #14201
      "Helix":2auuylqb wrote:
      The only way I can see remote look up actually ‘working’ is if you know someone’s real name (via greet or being told by someone else) and you an look up their ‘file’ like a general name search. It wouldn’t work on dub or ‘human male blah blah blah’.[/quote:2auuylqb]
      I think that’s how Ctheknight was saying it should work. Or whoever it was who was talking about it… I think it’s been pretty much shot down by the imms, but I still think it would be alright as long as encryption/decryption needed to happen in person.

"Helix":2auuylqb wrote:
      I’m all for all the other xp raises through for slicer, it needs to be done. Slicer is probably the slowest raising skill group due to that issue though it was probably intentionally made that way.[/quote:2auuylqb]
      Again, diplomacy is worse, but slicer is not very far behind.
    • Kirash Participant
      April 25, 2010 at 8:39 am #14234
      "Kora":39ylpplu wrote:
      Again, diplomacy is worse, but slicer is not very far behind.[/quote:39ylpplu]

This is part of the reason I won’t make a diplomat unless I’m applying for one. Yes, Slicer is a pain in the ass to level, but it’s easier than diplomacy. Anyone who thinks Science is a bitch to level needs to bot more imo though. =) I usually don’t even fart with Science leveling unless I’m botting or questing to 150.

Anywho, I’m with you Kora. I’m all for being able to encrypt and decrypt datadisks, but on the flip side, why go through all the hassle of encrypting/decrypting disks when you can now just encrypt your datapad and stuff all your sensitive information in a locker somewhere? But that’s just me.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.