This topic has 38 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 3 months ago by Raato.
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
    • Raato Participant
      May 12, 2010 at 11:57 am #14418

[img:2f146kuv]http://imgur.com/kLznM.png[/img:2f146kuv]

This is what it looks like now. (the maths weren’t working correctly at this point, but it’s enough to give a picture of what it’s about)

-each pixel represents a 500×500 realspace area
      -the end of each line with the bend is the ship’s position on the z axis
      -the line drawn up or down towards the brighter x,y plane points the ship’s position x,y wise

The first thing that pops in mind is that the "zoom" is too far away, so the next step probably is to make it so that it follows your ship’s position and shows a closer view of things.

So, what do you think?

• Ilyena Participant
      June 7, 2010 at 2:16 pm #14640

XYZ is horizontal, vertical, depth. I think you had the axes around the wrong way…

But yes, that’s the kind of idea I had before. Something like that. I’m not sure how useful it would actually be… something to be determined!

• Raato Participant
      August 20, 2010 at 8:16 pm #15055

Okay, I’ve returned to this thing and so far I’ve made a few upgrades:
      -it now is centered on and follows the player ship,
      -it now shows 18,000 realspace units in each dimension,
      -it’s 3x the size (fills the screen in 1280×1024 resolution),
      -it’s redirected to another window
      -and it works with fleetradar instead of the regular one.

Edit:
      -different colors for different shiptypes done.

• Exxar Participant
      November 15, 2010 at 2:43 am #16103

I’ve always liked to see a script that tells or shows me just how much more I can fit into a container. I don’t know how the game stores that, whether it is based on weight or number of items, but I would like to be able to see how much more or how many more I can fit into a container when I look in it.

• Troll Participant
      November 15, 2010 at 9:54 am #16112
      "Exxar":3uzn3ox2 wrote:
      I’ve always liked to see a script that tells or shows me just how much more I can fit into a container. I don’t know how the game stores that, whether it is based on weight or number of items, but I would like to be able to see how much more or how many more I can fit into a container when I look in it.[/quote:3uzn3ox2]

Containers and their sizes vary. Ones you buy from mobs are each different, items all take a different amount of space and playermade containers vary depending on your skills.

• Exxar Participant
      November 15, 2010 at 9:05 pm #16120
      "Troll":2t3sh3yk wrote:
      "Exxar":2t3sh3yk wrote:
      I’ve always liked to see a script that tells or shows me just how much more I can fit into a container. I don’t know how the game stores that, whether it is based on weight or number of items, but I would like to be able to see how much more or how many more I can fit into a container when I look in it.[/quote:2t3sh3yk]

Containers and their sizes vary. Ones you buy from mobs are each different, items all take a different amount of space and playermade containers vary depending on your skills.[/quote:2t3sh3yk]

I know they’re all different, hence why I would like to be able to have some sort of meter to see how much more I can fit in it.

• Raato Participant
      February 8, 2011 at 4:52 pm #16715

This one sounds more like something that should go to the MUD’s code itself…

BUT

if you want to make something like this client side, you’ll have to make a script to create a database of all items you can possibly think of (with weights and/or sizes, depending on what containers’ fill capacity is related to). Then there’d probably be a script to work with something an "examine" on a container fires up… fetching info from said database, then adding and finally slipping a ColourTell into the output.

Oh, I guess there should be another database for container capacities too

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.