Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium LOTJ Bugs and annoying things
This topic has 65 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 3 months ago by veric.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
    • veska Participant
      August 29, 2013 at 12:23 pm #22214

Something in LOTJ broke, is abused by players, or doesn’t feel right? Something that takes away from the fun of LOTJ? I want to know!!

The rules for me to listen to you:
      1) Don’t request major overhauls, or new features (there will be another thread on that in the future)

2) Clearly state what is broke, flawed, or isn’t fun. Lots of details, and context about the issue is really important. The more detail, the better 🙂

3) Give a suggestion on a possible fix – try to keep this part as short and to the point as possible (I like bullet points)

You would make me a happy developer if you thought about it for a couple days, and put together a list while you play. I’m most interested in the things that bother you while you play. Also, bugs/typos and what not are great too.

(we have a list of bugs, but I want to know what has been bothering YOU as a player in the context of this timeline)

Thanks!!

Veska

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      August 29, 2013 at 1:27 pm #22215

Just a small bug I’ve noticed.  When you land, you get piloting exp.  However, if you abort a landing, and decide to go to another pad or whatever the case may be, you get no experience for it.  Not sure why, or all that, but something you could look into.

• veska Participant
      August 29, 2013 at 1:49 pm #22216

Oh Frump… I HATE THAT! Good catch!

• veric Participant
      August 29, 2013 at 2:06 pm #22218

minor bug.. sorry espi’s

1. while in a room with a camera do a monitor for any camera on the planet

2. do a camera sweep

Your room/action pose doesn’t switch to ‘sweeping for a camera’ but stays as ‘looking at their datapad or whatever said action is… keeping whomever may be watching said room oblivious to what is actually going on.

• Gyndi Participant
      August 29, 2013 at 2:36 pm #22219

Frump, I think they made it that way a while back because people were abusing it to level piloting really quickly, or something like that. Like a timeline or two ago. Something.

• Zakattack Participant
      August 29, 2013 at 2:40 pm #22220

It wasn’t me who noticed this but afk doesn’t show up on holo meetings. The echo for when you do does, but if you use the look command they don’t have the [AFK] flag.

• Zakattack Participant
      August 29, 2013 at 3:13 pm #22221

Also, there are a few socials that require approach that I don’t think need to. Yes you can just emote it but still the point of socials is to be shortcuts, right? Two examples that immediatly come to mind are “Kneel” and “Grunt” and I’m sure there are others.

• veric Participant
      August 29, 2013 at 3:44 pm #22222

The ability to change the name of a ship so often has to be adjusted as I’ve seen scripts of ‘landing, change ship name and move on’

Perhaps hard code in a “VIN” number or something that certain levels of slicer/locateship can look up… the ship name may change but the serial numbers likely wouldn’t.

Alternatively perhaps add a smuggler / espionage ability that can change or erase said serial numbers.

• Argile Member
      August 29, 2013 at 7:07 pm #22223

I STILL get drunk on Soda.

• Kirash Participant
      August 29, 2013 at 9:25 pm #22224

The so-called “fix” for chain blackjacking making it where blackjack does damage and anyone who isn’t at 100% health is auto-immune to blackjack. This leads to where people remove small hp-boosting item and put it back on to permanently be below 100% and thus be immune to blackjacking. I have consistently suggested removing the damage component of blackjack and putting in an action lag.

Monitoring a camera that has been placed in a dark room yields what you would expect when looking at it; a dark room. However, being able to see through only requires you to….turn on your flashlight… I can only say “Dafuq?”

That’s what I have for now.

• Cronlan Participant
      August 30, 2013 at 3:56 am #22225

I don’t know how many people noticed this… I tried to put some items in my backpack earlier and p defaults to osay instead of put.

p grenade backpack

(OOC) You say ‘grenade backpack’

August 30, 2013 at 11:53 am #22226

Got an annoying thing.  Enhancearmor as a level 32 skill is pointless if you can’t get armor crafting.  Restring as a level 130 skill is aggravating.  You have someone that can, if at level 129, enhance armor, make perfect armor, but can’t restring it?  Dafuq.  Simple fix.  Switch enhancearmor and restring.  Please. =D

• Corey Participant
      August 30, 2013 at 4:19 pm #22229

Yeah Frump, I’ve complained at that one more than a few times now. It doesn’t make sense that someone can enhance armor that can not even make it. The restring level doesn’t bother me as much, I chalk that up to the difference in quality of engineer. But having enhancearmor at 32 is just outright dumb.  You can perfect a piece of armor but can not make it? Wtf?

With that, the same exact thing can be said about tuneship at level 50.

• veric Participant
      August 30, 2013 at 4:48 pm #22230

At the same time… the master armor crafting feat is at 100. If enhance was to change to 130 it could screw over a few individuals who have that feat but don’t hit 130 (unless said feat was reset)

It would make sense for makearmor ,enhancearmor and restring to be moved to 100 level and the feat for master armor crafting be moved to 130 or higher.

August 30, 2013 at 6:22 pm #22231

I think the feat should be higher, personally.  Not every joe with 100 engineering should be able to make perfect armor.  That is one of the most used feats, I think.  Bust it up there with buildship.  Make it where you have to be a dedicated engineer to get armor crafting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.