Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Clan Command Metagaming Pt 2
This topic has 53 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Paco.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
    • Quicksilver Participant
      April 12, 2014 at 12:17 pm #23957

If your argument regarding instant roster is that it’s okay to use because it’s not a bug, then you are the kind of player that is either too dumb to pick up on the fact that you are supposed to be better than just sticking to available options for the choice of roleplay, or willingly acknowledge that and then do shady shit anyway because you want to win. Either way, part of the problems of lotj that you likely complain about when PK starts.

• Ralen Keymaster
      April 13, 2014 at 6:58 am #23958

As mentioned in another post, instant roster IS a bug. I’ll actually be looking at it today once the game is back up.

• Kirash Participant
      April 13, 2014 at 8:15 am #23959

It should have been looked into when people first started reporting it when coprocessors were first put in and it was first discovered. How long has that been now?

• Gathorn Participant
      April 13, 2014 at 8:26 am #23960

It was looked into, amd made aware of. However, Miros ended up having other priorities(rightfully so) that saw to it not being dealt with immediately. Try to be less of an ingrate when certain things get fixed, as there is a HUGE list of stuff that needs to be looked at.

• veric Participant
      April 13, 2014 at 9:27 am #23961

instant roster is certainly a bug but if a datanet modulated datapad gave -somewhat- faster roster/banklog/inductlog (considering that is all ‘datanet’ related) it would be nice. As it is iirc the datanet modulation only gives (slightly) faster/easier decrypt of player files.

• Ralen Keymaster
      April 13, 2014 at 9:41 am #23962

instant roster is certainly a bug but if a datanet modulated datapad gave -somewhat- faster roster/banklog/inductlog (considering that is all ‘datanet’ related) it would be nice.

That is exactly how it is /meant/ to function.

• Argile Member
      April 13, 2014 at 11:55 am #23968

I have actually gotten yelled at by someone icly for not abusing the instant roster bug.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      April 13, 2014 at 1:22 pm #23972

In all honesty, my issue isn’t the bug, so much as if you want to leave a company quietly, aka desert/go AWOL/yada yada, there is no way to. Granted, the roster bug doesn’t help this at all, but seriously, no one should know you’ve left unless a)you say you are leaving, b)you are fired, or c)someone watches you get slaughtered. Past that, the company/gov/clan should have to actually investigate into if someone has quit or died. The house/shop/ship check is sort of metagame, but at least people have to go looking to see if you’ve died or quit. It shouldn’t be impossible to go AWOL if you work at it, which is the case currently.

• Kirash Participant
      April 13, 2014 at 7:15 pm #23989

It’s not so much as being an “ingrate”, Gathorn as if something is MEANT to work a certain way, and it works in a completely unexpected way that is considered a bug, it should have been dealt with. I get Miros had obligations, but that didn’t mean someone else couldn’t have picked it up. If you want to get technical, we’ve all (including me) been abusing this bug for at least a year now. Minor bug, sure, but enough to warrant even Imms bitching about it.

• veric Participant
      April 13, 2014 at 8:24 pm #23990

ralen if you make it slightly faster for develop I’ll sing your praises until the cows come home.

• Mavinero Member
      April 13, 2014 at 10:53 pm #23995

I was also harped at for not using an upgraded datapad with a co-processor for instant roster lists. Yesterday, in fact.

• Ralen Keymaster
      April 14, 2014 at 8:20 am #24003

if something is MEANT to work a certain way, and it works in a completely unexpected way that is considered a bug, it should have been dealt with.

This is the very definition of bugfixing, is it not? It is being looked at now because the /available/ coders actually have the modicum of ability required to now try and fix it. Since you are on a roll demanding things be fixed in a prompt and efficient manner, anything else we can look at?

• veric Participant
      April 14, 2014 at 8:54 am #24005

I demand pink shirt Thursday be enforced once again but on a code level.

• Mavinero Member
      April 14, 2014 at 11:42 am #24010

I wasn’t complaining, Ralen, just pointing out the fact that someone practically demanded (in-game) to abuse the bug. You guys get to things as you are able, dude. Steady coders are a lynchpin for any mud, and this one is no different. 🙂

• Kirash Participant
      April 14, 2014 at 11:45 am #24011

No Ralen. I’m quite done. I can see that this will only further spiral down into a mess of sarcasm and insults.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.