Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Clan Command Metagaming Pt 2
This topic has 53 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Paco.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
    • Paco Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 7:03 pm #23305

Only issue with clan mugging I had this era was with some dick who decided to use multiple characters, get them outfitted and trained, and then resign and log off, never to log in again. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, AND I HOPE THEY WERE ALL ON HAPES PRIME. DICK.

• Paco Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 7:04 pm #23306

Whoa, lost my cool there. And we’re back.

• Corey Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 7:05 pm #23307

lol tell us how you really feel Paco…but for serious, that’s an ass thing to do and I support anything that happens to them after doing stuff like that

• KoolAidMan Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 7:05 pm #23308

The imms said to report that shit. I even sent you a tell to that affect. But yeah. It was a dick move.

• Corey Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 7:07 pm #23310

The last time I reported something like that, I was basically told tough luck and to hire better people.

• Merrycheeza Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 7:14 pm #23312

Yeah… I just charge everyone. If I like the person ICly, they get a discount, otherwise they pay whatever I decide to charge them.

• Kirash Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 7:36 pm #23314

Hey I got told to report people deliberately stirring up shit ICly for no god damn reason because it was SpyApp. I did once and never heard a response. I know ow you feel.

• Kirash Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 7:38 pm #23315

(Sorry. Stupid damn phone again.) People in my clan who did that, that is.

• Paco Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 8:02 pm #23323

I’ll admit that I was making an assumption earlier that it was the same person, we just had a string of three PC’s in a row join, then we helped them jump through the hoops (AKA lyleks, general training, flurry training, armor, weapons) then a day or two after they would resign and just completely disappear. If these were isolated incidents I’ll be the first to apologize. I feel like I’m derailing this thread, so I’ll just say this; clans are here to help the PLAYERS. Clan leaders and their “lieutenants” sacrifice a shitload of time to make the game fun for the people who join the clan. Illegal or not, the theft of items for OOC purposes is so insulting to the people who work their asses off IG. That’s all I have to say on the matter, hopefully things change in the future.

• veric Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 8:33 pm #23333

My happy newbie meter ticked down a few % that day Paco..

• Logan Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 8:38 pm #23334

Its an ongoing problem every timeline. Theres not much that can be done, except as was previously stated, have them show some dedication before you help them. Its not hard to gear and get training without annoying your clan at every turn, those sort of characters should be raising flags with the people in a position to help them and making sure they atleast have some input with if/when they decide to leave.
      You can’t always know their circumstances for quitting, how do you know they dont have an alt that just got invited to be the next DLotS?

Use common sense with people wanting everything upfront and then quitting, you can generally get a feel from them after a day or two and then handle them accordingly.

If its such a problem within your clan, this still falls under quitting without reason. Just throw a bounty on their head and time will sort it out.

• Flek Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 8:47 pm #23335

Ive had a few clans and I have a general rule in my head. If your asking for handouts and idling in the base… yeah your not getting anything. Its not hard to do things on your own. Not at all. So stop giving people 5 mill worth of stuff.

• Zeromus Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 8:47 pm #23336

I don’t particularly care if people take advantage of all the free things I’m giving out because I am giving them out for free.

• Hashi Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 9:08 pm #23337

I don’t particularly care about this issue either. The one good clan pickup who takes the stuff and adds something significant to the clan is worth wasting it on the several jackasses who just take or waste it.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      April 11, 2014 at 5:21 pm #23955

I’d like to bump this in the hopes that we can look at resign and make it possible to resign quietly. When someone goes AWOL or defects, there isn’t something that says ‘THIS DUDE LEFT’ until after there’s some investigation.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.