Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium While we're upgrading slicers….
This topic has 20 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 4 months ago by Zeromus.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
    • Zakattack Participant
      December 15, 2012 at 11:08 am #20556

I agree with the need to balance it, but I would love to see it implemented. Also altrez, stealing development progress sounds pretty kickass but should be balanced as well. Maybe they didn’t steal it, but copied it? Then it doesn’t void all the work, but instead voids the advantage of having it because your opponent has it as well.

• Zeromus Participant
      December 15, 2012 at 12:37 pm #20559

Allowing someone to steal development progress with how it currently works wouldn’t be feasible. The only information the game saves is whether or not you have the breakthrough and the finished project. Everything else is RP that you log and keep on your PC or on your data pads ICly. It would need a complete overhaul of that system to be feasible. I wouldn’t be against it, I don’t really like the system as is, but that is the current limitation.

• Miros Keymaster
      December 19, 2012 at 8:06 am #20596

I think this is a great idea, and it leads to more exciting raid possibilities (which is always fun).  In terms of protection / counter balance, we could come up with something specific for this ability, but I would point out that in the OP, the slicer did need to break in, hack a lift, risk setting off a silent alarm, and ultimately failed!  Pulling something like this off, if the room you need to be in is buried in the most ‘secure’ part of a base, is quite a bit of protection to begin with.  The only balance challenge I think would be for smaller clans in the ‘dead of night.’  It would suck to be raided when the primary defense is an alarm that nobody is awake to hear.

Thoughts?  What can we add a pinch of to get these scales to feel even?

• Zakattack Participant
      December 19, 2012 at 3:38 pm #20600

I suggested a long time ago, icly, that a clan complaining about break-ins, develop something akin to auto-turrets, that recognize you as clan/non-clan (Much like those in battlefront, but a lot stronger). Of course, they would have to be turned off for visitors, and there should be a limit to how many/room. Maybe it could go under the droid category. The only problem I can think is that these should not be snipeable, and also not op, and probably expensive. Maybe have a chance to bypass (feat, or otherwise). That’s my pinch.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      December 19, 2012 at 5:34 pm #20602

If that is the case, advanced disguise could actually have a use.  Have it bypass bio scans or whatever.  Right now, advanced disguise lets you save your disguise, which is kind of a waste of skill.  Not to mention you can’t adept it (OCD issues with that.).

• Zeromus Participant
      December 20, 2012 at 2:09 am #20604

@Miros: We had a discussion about this on OOC. The ability could go one of two ways. Like Cronlan suggested, or the way I suggested. The way I suggested actually builds in a protection against late night raids in that in order for that tapdata point to be actually useful, people would need to be online. People are typically online during the day or peak times, therefore diminishing the efficacy of late night raids.

@ZakAttack
      : Automating combat on a Smaug based MUD is a bit difficult to do, and I can think of a million ways to game that kind of system that it makes it almost not worth having.

@Frump: Advanced_disguise has a lot of uses. A good thing to learn on LOTJ is that everything has a use, it just isn’t immediately apparent.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.