Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat "We're fine. We're all fine here now. How are you?"
This topic has 297 replies, 62 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 9 months ago by Paco.
Viewing 13 posts - 286 through 298 (of 298 total)
    • brendo Participant
      March 11, 2015 at 5:01 pm #24959

So I really hate to be “that guy”, but this is the 2nd major crash in a few weeks that involves the same issue, and that same 2 weeks has been our heaviest influx of new players that I’ve seen as a player here. The pbase put their votes to work and got us in daily competition for the #1 spot on mudconnector. It may be time to throw out a point reward/token of appreciation/sorry we’re down another day, again. In addition to your hard work, of course! >.>

• StormRyder Participant
      March 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm #24960

Sounds like we need to flip over to the C++ version if it runs smoother.
      I’ve always wanted to code, taught myself how to read it, generally, with SMAUG and SWR code some years ago but didn’t understand enough of the principles to write effective code, only slightly modify existing code.
      To years lost turning wrenches instead of learning code.

• Xavious Participant
      March 11, 2015 at 5:21 pm #24961

I can only imagine the hellish nightmare that converting all of Lotj’s code to C++ would be. The looming challenge of updating code is fixing something without creating a problem somewhere else due to all the inter related dependencies. Otherwise it becomes a lot like playing Wack’A’Mole, as you smack one bug down another one pops up somewhere else.

• Seryb Participant
      March 11, 2015 at 5:36 pm #24963

Yeah it sounded like the C++ conversion done a while back was only a portion of the code and not the entirety. Otherwise I’m sure it would’ve been implemented ages ago.

• veric Participant
      March 11, 2015 at 6:12 pm #24964

lol @ points for downtime.. if I could reach through the monitor and smack you for suggesting that I would. Heck I donate towards the server costs and I don’t feel that we are ‘owed’ anything in the slightest for downtime. These things happen.

• Xerakon Moderator
      March 11, 2015 at 6:33 pm #24965

*sigh @ downtime* I should’ve gone to work today.

• brendo Participant
      March 11, 2015 at 6:35 pm #24966

Your mother, Veric.

• hun Participant
      March 15, 2015 at 2:03 am #24973

Right when things icly are about to go down, are you kidding me?

• Kirash Participant
      March 15, 2015 at 8:20 am #24974

The mud feeds on your tears, Hun.

• Paco Participant
      April 3, 2015 at 11:03 pm #25098

Neven asks ‘So you know how abstinence “education” is dumb and pointless?’

Neven says ‘Texas is smart and decided to fund some abstinence education by taking the money OUT of HIV prevention programs.’
      > hmm
      You Hmmmm out loud.

> say Texas is a silly state with silly hats.
      >You say ‘Texas is a silly state with silly hats.’

%% Connection closed by remote host.
      %% Disconnected.

Could’ve been my fault. Don’t mess with Texas.

• veric Participant
      May 1, 2015 at 9:12 am #25224

why u no work?

• Paco Participant
      July 15, 2015 at 1:00 am #25578

And that’s it! The Timeline is all over!

Viewing 13 posts - 286 through 298 (of 298 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.