Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Smalltalk Change
This topic has 19 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 10 months ago by Taranis.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    • Inactive
      June 14, 2009 at 6:18 am #10093

Break it up.

/lock?

• Ilyena Participant
      June 14, 2009 at 10:31 am #10094
      "Skiia":2yuyp1re wrote:
      Break it up.

/lock?[/quote:2yuyp1re]

No point in locking the thread. The conversation’s finished. Carry on as normal and back on topic.

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 15, 2009 at 4:01 pm #10118
      "Ilyena":20ek6dq2 wrote:
      "Anastasius":20ek6dq2 wrote:
      Taking a citizen from one planet to another will not allow diplo skills to be used on it. I have tried it myself. As for small talk usually if Walldo says don’t do something that’s because he hasn’t fixed it yet. He also has a short temper for people doing things he specifically says not to do. With imms being so busy there are a lot of things they need to change and fix maybe checking a mob in a ship is down on the list but annoying enough to get imms attention if you do it.[/quote:20ek6dq2]

Smalltalk never used to work. Reimplementing it half-finished and threatening to slay people that misuse it, due to its unfinished nature, is a poor way of running a game.[/quote:20ek6dq2]

you need to get off on your high horse pining on how crappy this mud is run, especially if you aren’t going to make suggestions. My e-mail is always open.

IS smalltalk broken? I tested it out when it was re-implemented and it seemed to do what it is supposed to.

PS Have I ever been known as a big time slayer? Obviously you aren’t going to be "slain" for using a skill where you aren’t supposed to be, but the point still stands, don’t do it.

[quote:20ek6dq2]So what if you take the citizen to another planet, and use smalltalk whilst -not- on a ship? Is that legal?[/quote:20ek6dq2]
      That renders the citizen unusable so using this as the basis for complaining about my laziness is irrelevant

While this thread is running, does anybody have any other suggestions in terms of balancing diplomacy skills? That is one of the larger projects being worked on for next timeline; making the process fixed by CODE so I can stop being lazy.

• Ilyena Participant
      June 17, 2009 at 12:15 am #10126

Okay. I’m not sure how diplomacy works at the moment, but here are some ideas.

Smalltalk: All it to only improve relations between a certain bracket. Such as between 80% and 100% support. People can’t use it to chat up an entire planet, but it could be used to bring it back up from say 95% due to a massive murdering spree.
      Possibly allow it to also be used by enemies to lower it from 100% down to a minimum of 80% support.

Also, showing planetary popular support in real-time I think should be replaced by updating it every hourly tick (as with wages payments). It would allow planetary take-overs to be a little less obvious, and also be more ‘realistic’ in that you don’t get opinion polls every second of every day in real life, so you’d have to wait to see what effect your diplomacy, or counter-diplomacy had.

(Numbers are arbitrary, just used for example)

EDIT–

In fact, it may be an idea that a planet has to get down to a certain % in popular support before other, more drastic, effects can be employed, like a blockade.

A lot of people get pissed off if their home is blockaded, rather than start getting ready to surrender. Maybe once population is down past small talk, a blockade will then have a negative effect on a planet. It could give a role to having both a navy blockading, and ground forces/diplomats being needed before this.

Unless the blockade is by the owners of the planet. That always pisses people off.

• Taranis Participant
      July 3, 2009 at 2:14 pm #10312

How you doing mate? Walldo’s never slain any of my characters, even though I have at one time or another broken every rule in existence. He’s really quite lovely.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.