Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Smalltalk Change
This topic has 19 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 10 months ago by Taranis.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
    • jec Member
      June 5, 2009 at 8:16 pm #1076

Noted the update. You seriously plan to stop use of smalltalk on ships by slaying players? How about instead, and this is just a TINY tweak, you fix the code to check if you’re on a ship and just not allow you to use it? Aren’t ship rooms flagged?

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 7, 2009 at 8:13 pm #10014

I am not a coder. And yes. I plan to slay anyone that uses smalltalk on a spaceship.

• jec Member
      June 11, 2009 at 4:46 pm #10021

Not to bring this into childish insults, but: That’s retarded and since you’re married to the idea, you’re retarded too.

• Inactive
      June 12, 2009 at 6:43 am #10041

Not to bring this into childish insults, but, here, let me say this childish insult.

Real nice.

• Ilyena Participant
      June 13, 2009 at 4:35 pm #10062

So what if you take the citizen to another planet, and use smalltalk whilst -not- on a ship? Is that legal?

This is the craziness of using slayings as a punishment for laziness. The whole thing could be stopped from happening by code.

If it can’t be resolved by code at all, only then should it be a slaying offense.

This is just my opinion. Please no insults for me providing my opinion. Thank you.

• Anastasius Member
      June 13, 2009 at 5:40 pm #10063

Taking a citizen from one planet to another will not allow diplo skills to be used on it. I have tried it myself. As for small talk usually if Walldo says don’t do something that’s because he hasn’t fixed it yet. He also has a short temper for people doing things he specifically says not to do. With imms being so busy there are a lot of things they need to change and fix maybe checking a mob in a ship is down on the list but annoying enough to get imms attention if you do it.

• Ilyena Participant
      June 13, 2009 at 5:53 pm #10066
      "Anastasius":3hbade1y wrote:
      Taking a citizen from one planet to another will not allow diplo skills to be used on it. I have tried it myself. As for small talk usually if Walldo says don’t do something that’s because he hasn’t fixed it yet. He also has a short temper for people doing things he specifically says not to do. With imms being so busy there are a lot of things they need to change and fix maybe checking a mob in a ship is down on the list but annoying enough to get imms attention if you do it.[/quote:3hbade1y]

Smalltalk never used to work. Reimplementing it half-finished and threatening to slay people that misuse it, due to its unfinished nature, is a poor way of running a game.

• Drel Member
      June 13, 2009 at 10:34 pm #10079
      "Ilyena":rseu0s2o wrote:
      "Anastasius":rseu0s2o wrote:
      Taking a citizen from one planet to another will not allow diplo skills to be used on it. I have tried it myself. As for small talk usually if Walldo says don’t do something that’s because he hasn’t fixed it yet. He also has a short temper for people doing things he specifically says not to do. With imms being so busy there are a lot of things they need to change and fix maybe checking a mob in a ship is down on the list but annoying enough to get imms attention if you do it.[/quote:rseu0s2o]

Smalltalk never used to work. Reimplementing it half-finished and threatening to slay people that misuse it, due to its unfinished nature, is a poor way of running a game.[/quote:rseu0s2o]
      If you don’t like how LotJ’s run, you can always leave, mate. Nobody’s holding a gun to your head and forcing you to mud, let alone mud on LotJ.

That being said, it [b:rseu0s2o]is[/b:rseu0s2o] LotJ; there will always be fuckups.

• Ilyena Participant
      June 13, 2009 at 10:44 pm #10074
      "RenegadeJedi":czd92s7r wrote:
      If you don’t like how LotJ’s run, you can always leave, [b:czd92s7r]mate[/b:czd92s7r](?). Nobody’s holding a gun to your head and forcing you to mud, let alone mud on LotJ.

That being said, it [b:czd92s7r]is[/b:czd92s7r] LotJ; there will always be fuckups.[/quote:czd92s7r]

I’ve left once already, but came back because all of my friends play here. Yes, I could leave again, but I truly think that LotJ could be so much better than it is right now. It has tons of untapped potential.

• Drel Member
      June 14, 2009 at 12:03 am #10075
      "Ilyena":1hxeemt7 wrote:
      "RenegadeJedi":1hxeemt7 wrote:
      If you don’t like how LotJ’s run, you can always leave, [b:1hxeemt7]mate[/b:1hxeemt7](?). Nobody’s holding a gun to your head and forcing you to mud, let alone mud on LotJ.

That being said, it [b:1hxeemt7]is[/b:1hxeemt7] LotJ; there will always be fuckups.[/quote:1hxeemt7]

I’ve left once already, but came back because all of my friends play here. Yes, I could leave again, but I truly think that LotJ could be so much better than it is right now. It has tons of untapped potential.[/quote:1hxeemt7]
      Any internet-girl has a penis until proven otherwise; thus, "mate."
      …and, besides, mate is one of those asexual terms, ala "dude." Ask any Aussie (e.g. Taranis).

• Gathorn Participant
      June 14, 2009 at 12:10 am #10071

I don’t see why you had to clarify that when she gave 0 notice to it. Are you that eager for attention?

• Drel Member
      June 14, 2009 at 12:33 am #10072
      "Gathorn":2l8c5uyr wrote:
      I don’t see why you had to clarify that when she gave 0 notice to it. Are you that eager for attention?[/quote:2l8c5uyr]

"RenegadeJedi":2l8c5uyr wrote:
      If you don’t like how LotJ’s run, you can always leave, mate. Nobody’s holding a gun to your head and forcing you to mud, let alone mud on LotJ.

That being said, it [b:2l8c5uyr]is[/b:2l8c5uyr] LotJ; there will always be fuckups.[/quote:2l8c5uyr]

"Ilyena":2l8c5uyr wrote:
      "RenegadeJedi":2l8c5uyr wrote:
      If you don’t like how LotJ’s run, you can always leave, [b:2l8c5uyr]mate[/b:2l8c5uyr](?). Nobody’s holding a gun to your head and forcing you to mud, let alone mud on LotJ.

That being said, it [b:2l8c5uyr]is[/b:2l8c5uyr] LotJ; there will always be fuckups.[/quote:2l8c5uyr][/quote:2l8c5uyr]

• Ilyena Participant
      June 14, 2009 at 12:38 am #10073

Sure. To continue to be off-topic, I was confused as to why you were using the word.

First, you are American, rather than Aussie.

Second, I’m not your friend.

I’m surprised you made a big deal of out it, to be honest, considering the topic of the conversation wasn’t even in that general area.

• Drel Member
      June 14, 2009 at 1:53 am #10086
      "Ilyena":854lkife wrote:
      Sure. To continue to be off-topic, I was confused as to why you were using the word.

I’m surprised you made a big deal of out it, to be honest, considering the topic of the conversation wasn’t even in that general area.[/quote:854lkife]
      I’m American, and yet I speak [b:854lkife]English[/b:854lkife], don’t I? (That’s where the word originated, you know.)

• Ilyena Participant
      June 14, 2009 at 2:04 am #10087
      "RenegadeJedi":18k5um1k wrote:
      "Ilyena":18k5um1k wrote:

I’m surprised you made a big deal of out it, to be honest, considering the topic of the conversation wasn’t even in that general area.[/quote:18k5um1k]
      I’m American, and yet I speak [b:18k5um1k]English[/b:18k5um1k], don’t I? (That’s where the word originated, you know.)[/quote:18k5um1k]

I’ll assume you don’t realise that I’m English too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.