Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat Rule 14 and who it applies to.
This topic has 37 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 3 months ago by Logan.
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
    • veska Participant
      October 22, 2013 at 5:45 pm #22756

“What exactly does weed have to do with the damned game”

Nothing at all. I volunteer, and play at LOTJ because I enjoy the people here. That’s it. Not the game, not the RP, not anything else – the people. Everything else to me is sugar on top.

Which leads me to my point, that everyone will have different needs/wants when it comes to LOTJ – some want to control the topics of OOC, others want to get rid of it to just focus on RP. If you want one of those experiences, it’s ultimately up to YOU, the player to make sure you get what you want. If you don’t like OOC, turn it off. If you enjoy it, participate – if you don’t like the topic, try to change it or turn the channel off.

mmcksmith, to be perfectly honest – your reaction is apart of the culture that has caused this issue. You just belittled the conversation at hand, and used words intentionally meant to attack the maturity of those involved. Especially right after I just pointed out that players here don’t respect each other, you go and disrespect everyone involved in the conversation with your assumptions of why people are here at LOTJ.

• mmcksmith Member
      October 22, 2013 at 7:12 pm #22757

Actually, I pointed out a situation that exists in MANY sorts of RP that have semi or completely anonymous login. You (being the group, not you as Veska) should be aware, AS ADULTS, that every time you post, you make an impression. Did I make one? GOOD. Think on it. Decide if you want people to be uncomfortable and if you are deliberately increasing or diffusing a situation.

Veska, as to “culture”, with all due respect for your experience here, look at it from the perspective of social contract and deciding how you wish to have this community go forward. If you know you’re making someone uncomfortable, if they make it clear, if they attempt, repeatedly, to get that point across AND IF YOU ARE IN A SITUATION OF POWER AND RESPONSIBILITY, then perhaps it behoves you to step back and think. Once you have thought on it, then carry on as you see appropriate. Sometimes the other person is an idiot and no change is required, sometimes we ourselves might wish to moderate our own behaviour. Simply make the decision of how you will proceed consciously.

• Andvari Participant
      October 22, 2013 at 8:48 pm #22758

Produce logs of me swearing at you and calling you names over this cannabis ordeal. Oops, you won’t be able to find any. My ooc behavior has been stellar for the last 6 months, and I’ve been respectful over and over, only getting agitated when you push the issue despite my asking you to stop.

Additionally, the beastiality argument was purely geared toward your “but it’s legal in Washington” response to my complaints. My counter was that beastiality may be legal in many states too, but that doesn’t make it any less offensive.

You’re floundering at this point in some attempt to look like the good guy. You repeatedly ignored my requests to take something off of ooc, continued to throw it in my face, and that qualifies as harassment.

The end.

• veska Participant
      October 23, 2013 at 2:29 pm #22764

Andvari,

I am a good guy, and so are you.

It’s legal in 20 states, including Washington DC.
      People are going to talk about it, and it’s a huge topic on almost every media outlet right now. I’ve tried to compromise and keep it to a minimum when you are around.

I have never, and will never throw anything in your face – i don’t even want to talk to you, Let alone talk about cannabis with you. So whatever idea you have in your head about me trying to harass you isn’t true. I just want to talk about something that I enjoy and am passionate about – if you don’t want to, don’t get involved in the conversation.

I’m not violating any rules, nor am I intentionally trying to hurt your feel goods.

I am, going to talk about cannabis unless a rule specifically stops me from doing so, in which case I will leave this community. If you want to try and come up with something that would make both of us happy, I am more than willing to come to a compromise.

Otherwise, I wish you a good day sir.

• Bai Participant
      October 23, 2013 at 9:59 pm #22767

i could have swore that this was about people breaking rule 14

• Jamie Participant
      December 29, 2013 at 10:08 am #23160

This is a classic example of why I never have OOC turned on in the first place.

• Logan Participant
      January 20, 2014 at 3:37 am #23434

You use to though Jamie, many years ago 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.