Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Restrung/Covering armor suggestions.
This topic has 25 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 2 months ago by frumpalumpaguss.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
    • frumpalumpaguss Participant
      June 1, 2014 at 7:13 pm #24139

So, It seems that some of the best(and worse) ideas have come during MUD outages. I’ve been giving some thought to restrung armor and covering armor in general. First, I’d like to point out that to restring armor, you have to do it on the body. While I understand the thought process behind making the body requiring the restring, I’d like to suggest the head piece need restring. This is a small change, and might seem pointless to some, but here is my reasoning. With the helm being removed, you’d be able to see someone’s face. The point of it being covering or uncovering makes sense. But body armor, if you remove it, gives you no new identifiers. This leads me to my second idea…

I’d like to have someone(a coder) consider how to make helms toggle so you could cover and uncover. What I mean by this is, if you are wearing a hood, you should be able to uncover your face without removing the hood (and the HP that goes with it). Maybe, if there is an argument for it, make it only possible with Class I and Class II armor. Class III armor you’d probably have to remove it to show your face.

Anyway, there’s my thoughts on some things. Shoot it up, make more informed suggestions, etc.

• Jsmith Participant
      June 1, 2014 at 7:20 pm #24140

i dont know much about code, so i won’t say anything about the first part… but i love the second part. being able to lower and raise a hood/visor would be awesome! 🙂

• Merrycheeza Participant
      June 1, 2014 at 7:30 pm #24141

Oh my goodness Frump, are you just trying to make work??!?!

• veric Participant
      June 1, 2014 at 7:34 pm #24143

helmet open/close would seriously make my day.

• Gathorn Participant
      June 5, 2014 at 11:03 am #24154

Restring is used on the body because the entire set of armor is what is used to identify someone. Just because I put on a stormtrooper helmet doesn’t mean I am going to look like a stormtrooper. It’s the body that gives that impression. Yes the helmet makes a difference, but it’s really the bodyarmor that sells it.

As for open/close helms I am all for this.

• Baxtalo Participant
      June 5, 2014 at 10:52 pm #24155

#yesfor open/closehelm

• veric Participant
      June 5, 2014 at 11:13 pm #24156

let’s get this shit trending!

#yesopenclosehelms !

• neven Participant
      June 24, 2014 at 1:40 pm #24165

Attempt number five or so to getting open/close helms implemented.

• Noctum Participant
      July 15, 2014 at 11:45 am #24222

Bump for open/closehelmet

• Kirash Participant
      July 16, 2014 at 1:16 am #24223

I’m all for being able to open and close your helmets. It would save me the hassle of having to carry another Class III helmet in my inventory and pretending I’m pushing up a face piece when I’m swapping out helmets -.-

• Quicksilver Participant
      July 16, 2014 at 11:09 am #24224

Also 100% behind open/close helmet.

• Trayn Participant
      July 19, 2014 at 6:56 pm #24225

I’m behind this too, it would be neat to just open your helmet, but what about stormtroopers I’ve never see them with open helmets in any of the shows.

• Noctum Participant
      July 20, 2014 at 10:19 am #24228

Just a matter of different restrings – if a stormtrooper opened a helmet, it could show them removing it and clipping it to their armor.

• Logan Participant
      July 21, 2014 at 3:42 am #24231

Awesome idea, limit it to Class 1 and 2. Class 3 is meant to be a big metal bucket, an opening would just be a weakness and usually isn’t included when extreme protection is the primary focus.

• Korin Member
      August 1, 2014 at 2:53 am #24256

#yesforopenclosehelms

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.