Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Restrung/Covering armor suggestions.
This topic has 25 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 1 month ago by frumpalumpaguss.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
    • kyri Participant
      August 5, 2014 at 8:14 pm #24270

I think it depends on if its the cloak or coat that opens and closes, or the wear location that opens and closes. If its all in the item, it shouldn’t be too hard to translate that open/closing flag to class 1 and 2 covering helmets. You would have to find a way to get the helmet to switch between the two types, cover and nocover, in the way coats and cloaks display wear locations or not. I don’t know how happy the helmets would be about changing their properties like that, but that could be a way.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      November 11, 2014 at 12:22 pm #24406

I uh… just gonna bump this. Vote yes for open/close helms.

• Faern Participant
      November 11, 2014 at 5:28 pm #24408

Lorrd yes.

• neven Participant
      February 2, 2015 at 4:41 pm #24605

Bump for great justice.

Edit: To clarify, the idea is about restrings. Yes if you see someone in stormtrooper armor you go hey they’re in stormtrooper armor, but also you can’t even identify them because you can’t see their face. A lot of people use a mask or a hood, not just helmets, to cover the actual face to make them unrecognisable as the individual person they are, and yet a ton of people often just carry around this extra dumb non-covering helmet to be able to RP pushing the mask to the top of their head or pulling back the hood or opening the visor of their helmet.

• LED Participant
      February 3, 2015 at 10:49 am #24610

Maybe there could be a flag for helmets when they are created… Open/NoOpen. And maybe a ClassIII helmet that can open has a slight reduction in protection, to account for the lack of being a unitized piece. Give the choice to the player on how they want to proceed.

But yes, yes on opening helmets from me, too.

• Zeromus Participant
      February 4, 2015 at 9:33 am #24611

I think that if you can lower your hood/helmet whatever that when it is in the open position then your resistance to blackjack should be reduced accordingly.

February 4, 2015 at 12:07 pm #24612

I agree with Zero and LED. Please, Oh Deer Lord, make this real!

• Kirash Participant
      February 4, 2015 at 2:29 pm #24613

I don’t see the need to overcomplicate it. Open/close and just be done with it. It’s not like opening/closing has any benefit aside from canceling out your restring. Why try to make a “balance” for it that isn’t necessary?

Edit: I think of it in the same vein as opening and closing cloaks/coats (over wearloc iirc). The benefit is purely cosmetic with no benefit/detriment mechanics-wise. The same should apply to opening and closing helmets.

• LED Participant
      February 4, 2015 at 8:42 pm #24615

Yeah.. that’s a fair point… it is easy to make these things more complicated than they need to be. Guilty as charged. 🙂

• quorcore Member
      February 6, 2015 at 8:45 am #24616

would raise/lower/close hood make it so that your whole description is visible? If it’s just your face being shown it wouldn’t make sense that your whole desc can be seen

February 6, 2015 at 11:02 am #24617

When I posted this, it was originally a toggle to turn the helmet from cover to nocover. So it’d be no different than just simply turning a restring off. So essentially, yes, they’d get to see the desc you made.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.