Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Research Not In a Library?
This topic has 21 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 4 months ago by Drel.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
    • Inactive
      January 8, 2010 at 8:51 pm #13046

I’ve got an idea.

Let’s [b:2sow8a2v]get rid of the science class.[/b:2sow8a2v]

Problem solved. And no, that’s not sarcasm, I’m serious. It’s pointless, overcomplicated, and it exists to serve needs that are CREATED by it’s existence in the first place.

• Kirash Participant
      January 8, 2010 at 8:59 pm #13050
      "Eddy":259e7rb8 wrote:
      "Skiia":259e7rb8 wrote:
      I’ve got an idea.

Let’s [b:259e7rb8]get rid of the science class.[/b:259e7rb8]

Problem solved. And no, that’s not sarcasm, I’m serious. It’s pointless, overcomplicated, and it exists to serve needs that are CREATED by it’s existence in the first place.[/quote:259e7rb8]

I get pointless, but complicated? What’s complex about it?[/quote:259e7rb8]

Science = Bot Ponder for levels, then Bot Study Items to get percentages. When you consider the brain power of the average joe mudder, that’s pretty damn complex =)

• Inactive
      January 8, 2010 at 10:30 pm #13053

It’s complex in that there’s fifty thousand sciences that do very little to nothing.

Not really sure the word I was looking for..

Let’s put it this way: Science has no reason to exist. Diplomacy, also, has no reason to exist. Diplomacy/leader should be combined, and Science erased.

• Ravaus Participant
      January 8, 2010 at 10:55 pm #13056

I think Science has lots of potential. And there is a lot of reason to learn some of those sciences. I wish there was more reason. Make it more rewarding to do so. And I say just being a science main allows you to research wherever.

• Inactive
      January 9, 2010 at 7:08 am #13061

Is it really worth the effort put into it, though? Coders could be doing things like .. making combat and piloting and engineering better or different, or adding neat things that actually affect a majority of the playerbase.

Instead, though, we have Science, which, again, exists only to serve it’s own needs. It exists because it has to exist for it to exist.

Get what I’m saying?

• Drel Member
      January 9, 2010 at 4:05 pm #13064
      "Skiia":3c79xnly wrote:
      Is it really worth the effort put into it, though? Coders could be doing things like .. making combat and piloting and engineering better or different, or adding neat things that actually affect a majority of the playerbase.

Instead, though, we have Science, which, again, exists only to serve it’s own needs. It exists because it has to exist for it to exist.

Get what I’m saying?[/quote:3c79xnly]
      That [moronic] argument could be used to argue for the elimination of [i:3c79xnly]any[/i:3c79xnly] of the classes: without a piloting class, no one could fly; without an engineering class, no one could make stuff.
      The argument you might’ve had in the back of your mind–I’m hoping you’re that competent, at least–was that science is the only class that’s useless on its own: everything in science is used to help /other/ classes (besides, of course, ponder, which is only used to get experience… it has no other benefit, for other classes or for science itself, so it can be disbarred from any calculations). That’s infinitely more specific to the science class.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.