This topic has 23 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 3 months ago by Paco.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
    • daevos Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:02 pm #23402

Yes, because droning rare equipment and having a game that almost crashes every day is a smart idea. I have had to stop interacting with the game just to get repairs done, you can raise repairs to 400,000 per and I will still take the vendor.

• Ralen Keymaster
      January 19, 2014 at 11:05 pm #23404

Ralen gives an Aether-class repeater to Kevron Tash, who quickly repairs it.
      Kevron Tash puts some credits into a large safe.
      Kevron Tash clicks a new cartridge into place.

Wot.

WOT.

• daevos Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:05 pm #23405

Like I said, if engineers seriously need to hold onto repair armor/weapon just to make a buck.. people have problems

• daevos Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:05 pm #23406

I LOVE YOU RALEN

• Siradril Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:08 pm #23407

There are indeed many races that are not able to repair their own stuff given different classes they pick. What you suggest about putting up a shop on a planet can be a good idea for some engineers, however all things considered I don’t find this to be a bad idea. There can be many reasons for why a person would need an NPC shop. For instance not always there’d be many people awake and available to do repairs, or that your character may be on the run and has no friend.

I’m sure I can add more to that list, NPC repair shop would hardly ruin anyone’s business. Especially considering there haven’t been many people who has been making credits out of this particular skillset. If you also noticed I did not mention having it on Ryloth, I said some planets. Obviously placing the shop on or near a planet such as Ryloth or Tatooine would just make things easier for some. I was thinking more along the lines of remote planets without major combat quest.

It’d also hardly be bypassing something like what you had just described. The repair won’t be instant, it’d still have enough delay as any engineer has if not more when repairing items. It could also have a failure chance if we set the shop’s repair percent to 70%. The shop is not mobile so you’d not be able to have it repaired while you are on a ship flying to your destination, you’d actually have to make that shop your destination to have your stuff fixed.

The only downfall I can see so far are what Corey suggested and that how hard for it to be coded/programmed into the game.

• Baxtalo Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:22 pm #23412

Shhhhh, child. Ralen has already capitulated to your silly demands.

• daevos Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:28 pm #23413

<3 Ralen

• Kirash Participant
      January 20, 2014 at 2:00 am #23423

Eh maybe I’m just nitpicking, but it just looks like people are against interacting with other players.

• Paco Participant
      January 20, 2014 at 3:03 am #23427

I secretly love Baxtalo. Ermahgerd lerv.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.