This topic has 23 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 2 months ago by Paco.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
    • Siradril Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:39 pm #23376

Would it not be possible to place some repair shops on some planets that would fix a given item(eq or weapon) for credits?

• gabrial Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:41 pm #23380

That takes away the joy of an engineering or someone with the skill of doing it!

• daevos Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:44 pm #23381

lET’S DO IT.

• Kebron Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:45 pm #23382

You could always make a race that has the ability to repair and set up a shop on Ryloth or Kashyyyk or one of the other worlds where repair would be big business. Charge a flat rate of one hundred grand for complete repair of all items on the spot. Yea you’d be sitting on a planet but its actually one of the few real ‘jobs’ in game.

• daevos Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:46 pm #23384

If engineers live and die by just repair armor/weapon you’re doing something wrong

• Baxtalo Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:48 pm #23387

Kebron has the right of it. Those with low engineering need to start being charged for their valuable service usage.

• Argile Member
      January 19, 2014 at 10:48 pm #23388

I have an arkanian that sorta did that, I also did back street deals though. It would take a lot of patience to sit in one spot all day long though.

• Siradril Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:50 pm #23389

Guys I understand your worries, they have merit too. This would of course limit some possible RP opportunities for both the characters and the engineers that would fix them. However I still think it’s a good idea. What could be done about it?

Price for repairing an item would be quite high so that if not forced people would go to an engineer to have it fixed. (20k maybe?) By high I of course did not mean unrealistically high.

• Kebron Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:52 pm #23391

Not really, as it is certain… stuff… comes from Ryloth. So make a wookiee combatant, they can repair everything and survive lyleks. Set up shop selling hunted supplies and repairing equipment. You’d quickly become known by all the hunters as well as the military organizations you’d be filthy rich from Carapace gear, repair costs, tentacle and head sales. I really can’t think of a downside, and if you really wanted to get in on the backstreet dealing refine spice and sell it out of a smugglers pouch. The possibilities are endless, not everyone has to be the next DLotS some people are just everyday people with their own petty motivations. Half the fun of RP is being that joe blow and getting pulled into wildly ridiculous adventures.

• Siradril Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:57 pm #23392

Kebron I’m a bit lost, do you mean you will sit on Ryloth and offer anyone a complete repair for the price of 100,000 credits? Or do you mean to have it coded somehow? My suggestion was more towards an NPC repair shop.

• daevos Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:58 pm #23393

:/ Having vendors on each planet that can repair armor/weapons, and add an element to the game is good adds to that planet’s money supply instead of waiting 3 hours for a low level engineer skill

• Corey Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:58 pm #23395

Give carapace RepairNPCGuy + random crash = Good times for all

• daevos Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:59 pm #23397

I need my lotj fix, anyways nothing wrong with having vendors that repair your stuff.. seriously

• Kebron Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:01 pm #23400

No, I’m saying there are already capabilities for what you are talking about without adding a new code that lets people bipass their level shortfalls. Most of the races with those issues are ones like Talz and Whiphid which have a specific RP reason for not being able to do complicated repairs on the fly. It should be easy enough to drone your gear to an engineer or what have you. There’s loads of possibilities.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.