Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Racial attributes/skills
This topic has 42 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 1 month ago by Ralen.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
    • Anna Member
      October 29, 2010 at 7:08 pm #1568

I did it for the Dathomiri. Mostly to see if I could improve the RP value of the people who play Dathomiri in era three. Mando’s have regen. I once considered a verpine communication link, but the coding was not worth the trouble.

So let’s hear it! What kinds of easily coded things can we put in for special races?

Keep in mind that the Dathomiri spells are actually just reworded force skills. -And it turned out to be a little more challenging that I thought so if you suggest something, I think we’ll only add them in as events come up.

• Oteri Participant
      October 29, 2010 at 7:12 pm #15465

Falleen skin colors f’sho.

Edit:

To clarify, Falleen should only be able to choose green, but change their skincolor to red/dark red (maybe determined if they’re green/dark green?) when appropriate. Maybe we could also look at some kind of pheromone ability for them?

• Avanga Member
      October 29, 2010 at 7:15 pm #15466

Verpine and/or Sluissi should get a bonus to shipbuilding speed.

• Andvari Participant
      October 29, 2010 at 8:13 pm #15480

Feeorin starting out weaker, but gaining stats as the character gets more time played. (With an ending point, of course)

Nm you said easily coded.

• Corey Participant
      October 29, 2010 at 8:21 pm #15483
      "Avanga":3tpoor8o wrote:
      Verpine and/or Sluissi should get a bonus to shipbuilding speed.[/quote:3tpoor8o]

Aren’t Sluissi actually considered slow builders, but they do it so perfectly that their craftsmanship is untouched?

"Andvari":3tpoor8o wrote:
      Feeorin starting out weaker, but gaining stats as the character gets more time played. (With an ending point, of course)

Nm you said easily coded.[/quote:3tpoor8o]

It’d be awesome to see almost every race (well, we could narrow it down to the higher priced races at least) get some sort of special tweak like this. Like you stated though, I think the issue comes with it being easily coded or not. Skin colors, age factors, pheromones, verpine networks..etc…just a lot of individual specialties that make them more attractive to play. There are some races out there I’ve never even seen in game.

• Avanga Member
      October 29, 2010 at 8:51 pm #15491

Yeah, you’re right about the Sluissi. I just grouped together two engi-specific races that came to my head. Maybe have Sluissi engis make better ships on average or something.

• Corey Participant
      October 29, 2010 at 9:27 pm #15469

Sluissi could get an additional 5% ship hull boost or something…lol I dunno

• Avanga Member
      October 29, 2010 at 10:11 pm #15485

Some of it’s cool, but it isn’t anything that could justify a higher point price like combat-oriented races have.

• Drel Member
      October 30, 2010 at 1:07 am #15502

Anna, did you lose the Google Doc I did on this? I tossed it for forum perusal months after Rojan asked me to compile all the stuff (at least, I think it was Rojan; my memory of a single conversation more than a year ago is fuzzy), and there were additions made there, too. Kora’s link was to that thread.

• Inactive
      October 30, 2010 at 2:32 am #15504
      "Anna":230c966w wrote:
      I did it for the Dathomiri. Mostly to see if I could improve the RP value of the people who play Dathomiri in era three. Mando’s have regen. I once considered a verpine communication link, but the coding was not worth the trouble.[/quote:230c966w]

For one we can take Regen out from all races. Mandalorians are nothing more than glorified humans anyway.

• Avanga Member
      October 30, 2010 at 2:46 am #15512

Yeah, remove regen. Give them natural toughness or something instead.

• Kora Participant
      October 30, 2010 at 5:01 am #15532

"Mandalorian" should be a flag, not a race. It’s been said before, and I’ll say it again. You didn’t have to be [i:1n2lz577]born[/i:1n2lz577] Mandalorian to [i:1n2lz577]be[/i:1n2lz577] Mandalorian. They accepted races other than humans into their society and the original Mandalorians weren’t even human.

Here[/url:1n2lz577]’s a nice picture of a couple of Mandalorians.

• Avanga Member
      October 30, 2010 at 5:12 am #15533

I like what Kora said. Mando flag. And make it give you damage resistance.

• Slyth Member
      October 30, 2010 at 8:47 am #15536

draethos had a short ranged telepathy of 5 meters, which they could speak to anyone with. perhaps a telepathy for them, such as a farspeak to anyone in the room type of thing. It would have to be kept short range though, or it would get out of hand imo.

Give a dashade a bit of a force resistance, just mild if it were possible. they are said to be semi force-resistant, as well as resistant to radiation.

Give kaleesh night vision. they are said to be able to see in the dark, because of "Thermal Pits" under their eyes.

may be a bit far fetched but let a noghri track through site. they are said to be able to smell bloodlines, so it would only make sense if they could track better than most. perhaps make it so that players leave underlying bloodtrails that only noghri can see, and they go away after a player gets out of range by a certain amount of rooms, and then the noghri actually have to use a track skill like everyone else.

I’ll add more as i find them, I just generally looked at a few races that i liked in lotj and suggested stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.