Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Please remove cloning…
This topic has 35 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 4 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
    • Kirash Participant
      December 6, 2012 at 8:58 am #20411

I do not agree with anything a clan developing being so tightly regulated by the Immortals and coming with provisions for having it. The only exception to that would be a superweapon of some kind and allowing only having one period. Other than that, clan developments should be up to the clans to decide how to use, not the Immortals.

• Baxtalo Participant
      December 6, 2012 at 9:08 am #20412

Well, points for ambition.

I am not saying tightly regulate it, not in the slightest. I am saying if a clan develops cloning, if they do not offer the service, lose the service.

• Kirash Participant
      December 6, 2012 at 9:25 am #20413

But then again, you run into a problem with established RP. What if the clan has a history of only selling services to select customers? What if offering a service to a particular customer or groups of customers goes against a clan’s morals? There are too many what-ifs involved for the Immortals to even reliably attempt to regulate it like that. Don’t get me wrong. I’m in no way giving the Immortals any slack, I’m simply saying, it is not feasible.

• Ocerion Participant
      December 6, 2012 at 10:54 pm #20422

Clones are definately far too cheap right now. As much as I despise agreeing with Baxtalo (lol). I’d suggest that they cost a lot, a LOT, more. Easy enough way to do that too, without messing around with the 2m barrior. Just make cloning someone take more vials that get eaten up, adjust the cost through them, and say the stuff is needed for testing, one does not simply push a button or two and POOF, completely viable clone.

Also, it would be kinda cool…to have a partially random (and partially science) based chance system, with a doctor skill to be able to monitor what that chance is upon completing a clone. (Only the cloner who made the clone, specifically, gets to see this.). IE, doctor clones Bob, it finishes, and the doctor gets a little report saying Bob’s clone is between 10 and 90% accurate. (It would give the actual success rate, not such a wide variable) (Accurate = success rate, of course, as well as a modifier to other things.)

Take this further, and require the clone to be between 70% and 90% to keep all their force levels. Above 40% to keep from losing more than (number) and less than 40% = no force, even if the clone awakens. Lastly, this % modifier could be kept on the character…original characters have a 100% rating as they are the err…original. The first clone has whatever the hell said percentage is…Then when you go to make your second clone, the random number is between 10% again, and whatever that first clones accuracy number doohickey was.

Allows doctors to screw over Sith Lords or Jedi as they see fit…Forces these things to be done in a bit more…expensive manner as well. Pay out big time to hire the guy you trust instead of a random scab.

• Onasaki Participant
      December 9, 2012 at 11:39 pm #20448

I’m with Ocerion with this. Though I’ve only been back for a short time, and haven’t had much experience with cloning in general, I think they should be MUCH more expensive. Though I also think there should be a real chance that it could fail, somewhere between 20-35% chance of failure. Like how force rolls go, when purchasing it.

I also like the idea of cloners being able to monitor the clones they’ve made. And being informed when the clone is released. Though, I really think there should be a ‘warning’ or something, echoed to the clone that says “You don’t remember a thing.”

Because, really, how /do/ you keep an ENTIRE archive of memories from a clonee to transplant into the new clone? And don’t say Droid memory core, because that’s just silly. A droid’s memory is literally bits of code on a device. An organic’s memories are part of one’s brain. And if that brain is no longer active, how can they remember anything?

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.