Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Please remove cloning…
This topic has 35 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 4 months ago by Kirash.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
    • Sarac Participant
      December 3, 2012 at 11:53 am #20344

This has become ridiculous. Please remove public cloning, not every tom dick and harry can clone… please leave it to clans who develop it? The amount of people who have died and returned from the ashes like nothing has happened… just wow… but yeah please remove public cloning.

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      December 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm #20345

this is only my first tl, and i can tell how dicked up cloning makes things.  i would say that if someone doesn’t rp their clone right, they should lose all points given to them for the alt.  maybe even offer them a small bonus if they do rp correctly.  that, or as Sarac said, nix them all together.

• Baxtalo Participant
      December 3, 2012 at 5:30 pm #20346

I am in Frumpalump’s case, as well, and I have seen a variety of cloning issues show up. After suggesting that poorly played clones “fail” and die and receiving the answer that that would require too much policing, I am convinced there is no easy solution. When it was discussed earlier on OOC, it seemed like the three most stable options were

A clan/entity providing cloning as a service to a select few
      Remove cloning
      One clone only, and that having a random chance of succeeding

though in the order of bullets, the problems with them amounted to

Lack of neutrality / OOC influence
      possible “stagnation” again
      Clones remain and so do the unanswerable questions surrounding how they function and should be played. (different path than before, implanted memory vs. suicide notes)

That being summarized, anyone have any compelling arguments for either case?

P.S.: CLONES RIGHTS!

• frumpalumpaguss Participant
      December 3, 2012 at 5:43 pm #20348

I guess the only other option would be doing like some “6th Day” (Arnold movie) shit where they take tissue from the dead body to make a clone, therefore transferring current memories to it.  That would make it where someone else would have to take the person’s dna to get cloned.  so if no one is around, said dead guy doesn’t get cloned.  Other than that, there needs to be harsh punishment for bad rp with clone.

• Ravaus Participant
      December 3, 2012 at 6:05 pm #20349

There’s also a lot of assumptions going around about clones. People assume the clone is automatically old which is frequently not the case. Some of us (myself included) tend to get cloned as often as possible.

• Ocerion Participant
      December 3, 2012 at 11:37 pm #20351

Cloning is great for the mud, despite being annoying. Its the only thing getting some idiots out and doing stuff. Honestly the only way I’d think it was ok to remove it, is if hidden systems were removed entirely, anything requiring a navchart is far worse for the mud than cloning. And the arguement that people need it to build up is pretty irrelevent, as all the problems occur for the six months after the hidden clan is actually the far stronger one…but still too damned scared to do anything.

• Baxtalo Participant
      December 4, 2012 at 12:31 am #20352

Ocerion, this is about cloning and the issue of it itself, not about what you believe to be related issues, like navcharts.

There are presently a lot of issues with clones themselves and not outside issues like the one you brought up. How do you suggest making cloning less “annoying”?

• Kirash Participant
      December 4, 2012 at 1:10 am #20353

I for one, agree with Ocerion. People are too damn scared to leave their hidden sectors that they didn’t do shit until public cloning was put in.

• Sarac Participant
      December 4, 2012 at 3:39 am #20354

We may aswell just have a mud with no perming then because it’s become far too stupid.

• Terezi Participant
      December 4, 2012 at 8:03 am #20355

@Sarac: Yes. Lets remove perming from the game. Clearly cloning is such an issue that it is impossible to perm a player now. I mean, just ask Baxtalo. Baxtalo totally didn’t get permed recently at all.

What were you thinking? Cloning is an issue but it isn’t that crippling to the game.

• Sarac Participant
      December 4, 2012 at 8:32 am #20356

I was being sarcastic, no need to get butthurt over it

• Sarac Participant
      December 4, 2012 at 9:26 am #20357

Maybe even make it more expensive? Rather than players charging others yet giving it to there friends for free… make it 2 mil per clone.. as that’s all you can hold… or you need more items to complete a cloning process to make it more expensive

• Baxtalo Participant
      December 4, 2012 at 9:30 am #20358

To be entirely honest, Nightvaj, a case like what happened with me, that is rare. Most clones are terrors. Either comlink terrors, or they rise from the dead minimum one time to kill more and more people (Ocerion, I look right at you.)

Or look at it this way. Three leaders of the Republic were killed recently. Two have since risen again, both to continue playing active roles. Death just … has no meaning right now. It’s almost like if you have an enemy and you know that they have a clone, you should kill them out of hand as quickly as possible and give them no chance of escape or being let off the hook because no matter what, they will come back anyway. With every high profile death that has happened recently, with the exception of one, this has happened.

• Sarac Participant
      December 4, 2012 at 9:45 am #20359

I just hope this is TL specific and it will be removed next TL or made develop only or something… but there’s just way too many clones atm

• Terezi Participant
      December 4, 2012 at 9:48 am #20360

Sarac, you say that it was sarcasm and that there is no need to get butthurt, but reading what you posted conveys nearly no sarcasm at all given your stance in the thread so far. “Remove cloning. It is ruining the game.” to “May as well remove perms if we don’t remove cloning.” is a completely legitimate step in the argument you’re presenting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.