Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat `JAIL_GUIDELINES` mandated RP concerns and proposed rule change
This topic has 35 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 6 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
    • George Stephanis Participant
      October 10, 2015 at 1:56 am #27079

Zeromus said:

You bound him purely to keep him from requesting RP. The imms didn’t say anything to us. My councilmessage is from today, with you. I don’t know how you think editing your logs to prove a point is going to help but I’m bowing out of this because all you’re doing is making yourself look ridiculous.

EDIT: In a previous version of this comment, I flew off the handle after being accused unfairly of being a cheat and doctoring logs. I shouldn’t have done that, and am attempting to rectify it now.

I have sent my full logs of everything I’ve done in the past week or so to the RPC, and I do not doctor logs, and I do not cheat.

Zeromus later admitted that maybe I didn’t get some message because I was in a cell roleplaying with a prisoner at the time. Why that possibility didn’t occur to him before unfairly accusing me of editing log files, I really can’t say, but I am disappointed that a member of the RPC’s default assumption is to publicly question the honesty of a player.

• Zeromus Participant
      October 10, 2015 at 2:03 am #27080

Or you went into the cell of your own volition (which you weren’t required by anyone to) and you didn’t hear it. Quit posting stupid pictures and acting like you’re some hero of the playerbase, you aren’t. You had a massive overreaction when we asked (not demanded) you guys did a simple thing like RP with a prisoner and you’re clearly overreacting in this thread.

October 10, 2015 at 2:07 am #27081

Or you went into the cell of your own volition (which you weren’t required by anyone to) and you didn’t hear it. Quit posting stupid pictures and acting like you’re some hero of the playerbase, you aren’t. You had a massive overreaction when we asked (not demanded) you guys did a simple thing like RP with a prisoner and you’re clearly overreacting in this thread.

When I messaged to inquire if it was an ask or a demand to roleplay with the prisoner, y’all said it was a demand.

Don’t go changing it now.

What part of this:

(R|P|C) Zeromus says to you ‘we don’t care, rp with the prisoner. you’d be asking for it a bunch too if you were locked in a single room for days at a time.’
      (R|P|C) Zeromus says to you ‘if you don’t want to do it, find someone else. you don’t need to be an asshole OOCly just because someone may have broken the law ICly or you don’t like them ICly.’

reads as optional?

October 10, 2015 at 2:17 am #27086

It was a demand for the Republic to RP with him, not you.

and

when we asked (not demanded) you guys did a simple thing like RP with a prisoner

Okay, now you’re not even being consistent with yourself within this thread.

Was it a demand, or an ask-not-demand?

October 10, 2015 at 2:20 am #27087

This is all I have to say in response to anyone who thinks they get to take a prisoner and then not RP with them.

Not the case here. As I’ve said repeatedly, I fully support prisoners having a right to RP. In fact, I had personally roleplayed with the prisoner for about an hour (maybe a touch over?) six hours earlier in the day, before the relevant convo happened. And then went in for over an hour following.

So please stop making this about prisoners deserve rp. I totally agree that they do, and have said as much. Repeatedly. As well as actually putting words into action and doing it.

• Zeromus Participant
      October 10, 2015 at 2:53 am #27091

wow six hours how were you guys able to get anything done with 40+ clan members being held hostage in that little amount of time

• Fishy Participant
      October 10, 2015 at 8:02 am #27093

The only thing more annoying than that fucking prisoner is this fucking thread.

• Kirash Participant
      October 10, 2015 at 8:10 am #27094

I love how this has basically devolved into a derailed shitfest. Filibuster done, RPC. Back to the topic at hand.

October 10, 2015 at 8:18 am #27096

I agree, I’d very much like to debate the actual proposal (tried to steer it back to that here), yesterday’s proceedings were brought up merely as an example of why I feel it is a needed change, and not just frivolous churn.

Everyone feels that prisoners deserve RP. That’s not in question. The question is at what point is it ‘enough’ and the jailing clan’s personnel can do other things than sit in the cell and interact with them.

🍺

• Fishy Participant
      October 10, 2015 at 8:37 am #27099

I prefer the current flexible situation to a by-the-numbers mandatory minimum. That said, I think some clarification in jail_guidelines that clans are not required to entertain their captives as much as the prisoner wants without end unless there’s some specific IC emergency underway would be good.

Clans should be encouraged to reciprocate the prisoner’s efforts to log in with their own efforts to RP with them. By the same token, however, nobody should expect to be entitled to endless hours of other players’ time.

• Paco Participant
      October 10, 2015 at 11:29 am #27100

I think that in larger clans that this should be less of an issue. Particularly clans that believe in ridiculous things such as “freedom”, and “justice”. Lol. But seriously, in a clan where there are a huge amount of members (relatively) I think the point is that more likely than not, there is -someone- in the clan that can respond, or is willing to. I actually enjoy prisoner RP, as that is when people tend to show their true character, unless they’re simply a pathological liar (but that’s a whole ‘nother can of fun right there).

At any rate, I think the issue falls to the fact that clans aren’t clear who can and cannot see to prisoners. This is a form of clan RP, so we shouldn’t be having the same people going to see the prisoner, that’s just a recipe for disaster. Mix it up, get some new players in there to RP, bring people you wouldn’t normally bring into the cell. Within reason, of course, you don’t want the entirety of your clan being paraded by prisoners of war and things such as that.

Essentially, in a clan of 40+ people, as was mentioned, there is a high chance that -someone- is just idling in the clanbase/AFK-peering at the going ons. Take the initiative to switch off that AFK flag and deal with the results of your PvP in a constructive way, instead of letting the feelings of discontentment fester not only within the prisoner, but within the one or two people who more often than not find themselves dealing with the prisoners.

• illyduss Participant
      October 12, 2015 at 1:19 am #27103

Having been jailed twice and having no one come to RP with me either time. I disagree and whole heartily do not believe that anyone ever goes in to RP with prisoners. Which makes it a long ass 7 days to wait since you can’t even OOC in jail.

Just my 2 cents, may not be the case for everyone. But seriously like my second week on this mud was just me waiting for RP for 7 days.

• Fishy Participant
      October 12, 2015 at 2:05 pm #27106

Good thing you now can OOC in jail.

Also nobody coming to RP with you may have been a problem specific to that week/that clan/nobody wanting to talk to you because you’re fucking obnoxious. Food for thought.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.