Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat `JAIL_GUIDELINES` mandated RP concerns and proposed rule change
This topic has 35 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 5 months ago by Walldo.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
    • illyduss Participant
      October 12, 2015 at 10:51 pm #27109

Hey Fishy…. *poke*

• Baxtalo Participant
      October 14, 2015 at 12:21 am #27120

Situations where people might want more than one rp session a day:

*checking in on the status of a trial/sentencing
      *checking to see if that all-powerful someone who needs to interrogate them is awake
      *the first guy who came in asked “what” then emoted throwing a tray of food at you and leaving
      *etc

The RP you get in a jail cell tends to define how the mud in general is doing, honestly. Do you have people who stop and pay attention to a situation if it doesn’t immediately involve killing someone or screwing them over? (pause for the irony) Do they give appropriate/any rp?

The whole “bare minimum” being three attempts for seven days is just that: a bare minimum. A prisoner can choose to seek RP for that little, just as a clan can choose to only respond once per day if the guy they have locked up for seven days only stole a ship and they decide they really don’t want to try and rehabilitate the guy via rp. (Or give them more of a reason to dislike that clan, for that matter.) The option is there, but crappy tendencies for clan rp as a whole will reflect back on the clan eventually, as coffin said.

Seriously, though, a “dude, we just got done with them” via RPC if you really did just put in the effort there tends to reflect more back on the guy in the cell to be told to take it easy. And if you went in and said two words/stunned/cuffed someone only to receive another ping for rp 45 minutes later, well, then, you might want to reconsider not only your rp but how you’d want to be treated if the roles were reversed.

Are we an rp-enhanced mud or are we not?

• wash Participant
      October 15, 2015 at 4:24 am #27150

Regarding something Zeromus mentioned earlier:

> You bound him purely to keep him from requesting RP. The imms didn’t say anything to us. My councilmessage is from today, with you. I don’t know how you think editing your logs to prove a point is going to help but I’m bowing out of this because all you’re doing is making yourself look ridiculous.

I’m really uneasy commenting on this – I feel like I’m approaching the IC/OOC boundary in doing so. But, I think I need to clarify what happened here.

My character bound the prisoner in the cell. My character did this for IC reasons which I don’t feel comfortable discussing here. The prisoner was NOT bound to keep him from requesting RP.

It was never my intention to punish the prisoner OOCly or make it harder for the prisoner to request RP. At the time, it did not occur to me that my actions would keep the prisoner from requesting RP.

I have never taken actions to deny a prisoner RP opportunities and I always try to be prompt and generous with my time when responding to prisoner RP requests. If I see an alarm, I either go into the cell, or ask someone else to go in.

I was solely responsible for this action (unless he was unbound/broke free and someone else entered the cell after me and bound him again, which I do not think happened).

I am very sorry for this lapse in judgement, and for any difficulties this caused the prisoner, the RPC, and anyone else involved.

EDIT: Some prisoners may abuse JAIL_GUIDELINES to try and tire out the jailing clan. I believe these are corner cases which will happen infrequently. I do not believe JAIL_GUIDELINES need to be amended to handle exceptional, potentially abusive behavior.

• George Stephanis Participant
      October 16, 2015 at 7:20 pm #27156

It seems like a lot of people are interpreting the suggestion to say “Zomg, but then prisoners will never get attention” — I don’t understand how that conclusion can be drawn, because the change itself only kicks in when the prisoner has already had a solid hour’s worth of interaction.

• Seryb Participant
      October 17, 2015 at 8:33 am #27157

Just don’t be a dipshit in jail. You can’t expect a clan to devote a player to you for hours and hours especially if you’re an ass. My jail experience this era was excellent.

• Walldo Keymaster
      October 24, 2015 at 11:32 pm #27204

Seems like this just creates a hard deadline for people to fight over. Am I better-served as a prisoner after 60 minutes versus 45? Also I doubt that, as things stand now, prisoners get one hour of roleplay a day. I think this is going to lead to more clan members hanging out in jail cells than there already are.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.