Legends of the Jedi Forums General Chat EoE, FORWARD TO ERA 2!
This topic has 179 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 3 months ago by Baxtalo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 180 total)
    • Paco Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 1:38 am #23224

Big thumbs up to the IMMs and everyone who took part. Looking forward to era 2, and all the “move along” and such! See y’all soon!

• Zhelir Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 1:41 am #23225

This is the first era I’ve played more than a day or two, wound up playing from near to the beginning to the end. Having played a dozen other SWR MUDs that failed to keep my interest more than a month, I’d like to say… bravo.

• Baxtalo Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 1:45 am #23226

Looking forward to seeing how everyone alters their character to accommodate the 10-year jump. šŸ™‚

Also… that EoE was wildly entertaining as it had the entire mud up to their necks for those who went out and found it. The imms deserve a round of applause.

RIP all characters on Hapes Prime who didn’t make it šŸ™

• veric Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 1:46 am #23227

Fun times. I am looking forward to my first Era2! šŸ™‚

• Corey Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 2:14 am #23228

I had a good time even though the pure number of aggressive monsters and their levels made it very hard to do anything other than have one large group fighting at once. We really don’t have the pbase to tackle a multiple planet attack at those levels. With that though, I thought it was fun and a lot better than just having a navy related EoE. So like Bax said, round of applause.

• Seryb Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 2:45 am #23229

Frustrating EoE. Not gonna lie, but all the events that led up to this big one were enjoyable. Thanks to the imms for putting up with us all per usual. See you all era 2.

• Kebron Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 3:02 am #23230

Lesson learned, never throw a bag of grenades at a landing pad full of hostile mobs unless you want to be attacked by the entire planet. I take full credit for Corellia being overrun rofl.

• Kirash Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 8:15 am #23232

Hope you all die next Era. šŸ™‚

• Carnus Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 9:46 am #23235

Ugh,

I had the worst of headaches last night so I called it quits early and went to bed thinking the final event was toight. =[ Now I can’t plan my ten years til I log in and see where everyone else is.

• Baxtalo Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 10:41 am #23236

An overview of what happened last evening, for those needing to know how to go forward:

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]: [Hopes Dashed, Assault Continues] Officials have been uneasy at the eerie calm during the last fourty-eight hours. Whatever measures have been taken to prepare, despite hopes, are now being put to the test as the next wave of assault from the unknown begins. Reports are coming from all over the galaxy, and pleas for help increase as local governments are still ill-equipped to deal with this threat.

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]: [Astronomical Event Causes Panic] Sensors that still remain active in the Chommel sector have detected a large object suddenly appearing at the far edge of the sector. Astronomers are unable to obtain further information due to the events on the planet of Naboo have been interfering with the precise scanning equipment required.

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]: [ Corellia, Ryloth overrun as Theed City stands ] Dramatic scenes from across the Galaxy have been filtering onto our news screens this evening, all displaying the same scenes of battle and devasation. We at GNI commend those brave soldiers who are currently defending Theed City from outbreak, but it appears the planets of Corellia and Ryloth are in danger of being completely overrun. Time will tell…

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]: [Emergengy] [Corellia Burns] With all the pleas of aid coming from various planets in response to the rising tide, one planet stands alone. Corellia teeters on the brink of destruction as beast and rift alike swarm over the planet. Unless a military strike is made to check the horde, the planet may be forever lost to the beasts.

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]( hissingly ): [Urgent] [Transitory Mist Report] With of the Consortium Forces spread thin staving off the fury of the rifts, defenses within the Transitory Mists, ancestral home of the Hapans has finally come under fire. Reports indicate that a massive radiation backlash of some kind was emitted from the strange meteor in the Chommel Sector -and- Hapes Cluster simultaneously. The timing triggered reports from a skeletal force on Hapes Prime began to clash with a sudden rush of beast-spewing rifts on an unprecedented level yet seen. Even one of the bright suns has been blotted out by some force yet unknown with planetary sensors unmanned.

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]( hissingly ): [Hapan Defenses Continues to Fall] The scale of the phenomena on Hapes Prime is predicted to be unprecedented. Our sources are fleeing the planet with reports of some hazardous agent at work on the planet, seeming to sicken anyone on the planet. The weaker citizens, like children and the elderly, are already beginning to collapse to the ground drained of all life.

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]: [Chaos Ensues, Systems Begin to Fail] The tide on the streets of Hapes Prime have turned into a massacre as hordes of fleeing citizens meet stampeding beasts of all sizes in a pitiful clash. Main services on the planet begin to fail as personnel flee and damage to the systems begin to take their toll. To make matters worse, tremors have reportedly begun appearing along the poles of the planet.

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]: [*]BREAKING[*][Death toll increases as defenders dawdle in orbit] The latest images from the Hapan capital show once serene and neatly kept streets running red with blood. As the camera pans across the street, an enormous, feral beast sprints into view and leaps onto the back of a screaming female citizen. The feed cuts out in a growing crescendo of screaming and growls as the occasional crackle of red energy begins to spark along the ground.

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]: [EMERGENCY EVACUATION] As the Meteor has been unimpeded in its approach to the orbit of Hapes Prime. We are issuing an immediate evacuation to all remaining on the planet. It will soon be entering the atmosphere, and if it is allowed, will spell certain disaster for the planet.

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]: *A live feed of the meteor within the Hapes Cluster takes up the entire view of the screen as it slowly stops in orbit of Hapes Prime. Red bolts extend out from the meteor and envelop the planet in a shimmering light. The light grows brighter as cracks begin to be seen on the surface, flaring violently with an inner crimson light. After several minutes, the orbiting fleet begins to fire on the Meteor in vain as no noticeable damage is inflicted. The shimmering light fades and the planet explodes in a violent burst of energy, disabling or outright destroying ships in the vicinity.*

Broadcasting Network [GNI Report]: [*]BREAKING[*] [Rifts inexplicably closing all over the Galaxy] We at GNI apologize for the lack of visual imagery with the following report, but no responses are being received from the Hapan sector. In the wake of the catastrophic loss of life in the Hapan sector, reports from Naboo and Corellia suggest that all signs of rift activity have ceased, blinking out of existence as if never were. No reports have yet been received from Ryloth, which saw only a token effort to defend it. We at GNI can only hope that this situation is close to resolving itself.

CommNet 0 [A hooded crimson zeyd-cloth enshrouded figure]( solemnly ): With the end of Hapes Prime comes to beginning of a new era. Law and order will continue to prevail. The Consortium is not ended. It is reformed. With the past behind us, we form a great empire from the ashes of destruction. No longer do I hold the throne for another. House Ulgo takes its rightful place, with myself as your Emperor. Hail the Empire.

CommNet 0 [A faceless figure shrouded in maroon zeyd-cloth]: Any attempts to disrupt the peace and stability of this New Order will be met with the harshest resistance imagined. Prepare for a long few years of transition, sentients- I will be waiting for you to slip up.

CommNet 0 [A shadowy figure shrouded by an ebony cloak]( harshly ): The Galaxy will finally see stability and order under the Emperor’s rule. You would do well to heed his words and accept the new order. Justice and prosperity can finally prevail.

CommNet 0 [A sentient shrouded by dark grey robes]( harshly ): The failures of the old system have been cleansed. A new system brings peace and security to last through the ages.

CommNet 0 [A Human male]: Hapes Prime was lost even as all members of the Consortium fought to preserve it. What occurred was unpreventable, unchangeable. As it was time that beckoned forth these events, and the inaction of now-dead Hapan leadership. Hail the Emperor, or die.

. . * .
      . . ERA II . .
      . FROM THE ASHES . .
      . . .
      . It is ten years since the destruction of . . .
      The Hapan homeworld. Travellers to the system . .
      . . occasionally tell stories of the civilisation that .
      . . once was and the dark, dead planet that now sits alone .
      . . At the center of the system. .
      . .
      . The Emperor of the GALACTIC EMPIRE has relocated his .
      seat of power to the planet of CORUSCANT, claiming the vast
      .Galactic Capital as his own. With vast fleets, massive armies . .
      . and the Empire’s rapid and efficient responses against those who .
      . . disturb the status quo the Galaxy has entered an uneasy, yet steady .
      period of peace for the first time in recent memory. .
      . From the ashes of the the engineering monopolies once held by the .
      . Teraan Corporation and Appazanna, two new organizations have risen to .
      dominate the wider engineering community. The INCOM CORPORATION and the
      TRADE FEDERATION both now seek to make their mark on the Galaxy. .
      What happens next is anybody’s guess. May the Force be with you…
      . . . . . . . .

• veric Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:08 am #23238

missing a whole lot of the ‘other side’ there bax šŸ˜‰

• Baxtalo Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:15 am #23239

GNI Reports and closing statements from the new Imperial overlords are the only thing that really count toward general knowledge! Still have to take IC into effect.

• Andvari Participant
      January 19, 2014 at 11:21 am #23241

I had a fantastic time. I really enjoyed a good deal of the RP encountered in Era 1 and it’s going to rank among my favorites ever,and easily tops my list of smoothest and most active eras in the last 10 years.

Great job to the staff and the players alike. I’ve never seen so many people out actually *doing* things in my entire time here, and it was refreshing and exciting to see.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 180 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.