This topic has 40 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 5 months ago by Garin.
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
    • Corey Participant
      December 8, 2009 at 4:49 pm #12801
      "SgtFlippy":m2we65hm wrote:
      I still state that planet funds needs to be doubled.[/quote:m2we65hm]

Why would they need to be doubled? It takes just a couple of mins to make a ton of credits if you know the right route…and by "know the right route" I mean use your common sense. I think this is the biggest issue. Currently there’s only like 1 route and there’s no reason to run cargo to any other planets because of the difference in the prices. Fix this first, it only takes a few minutes of time by an IMM to set the prices properly.

• Avanga Member
      December 8, 2009 at 9:23 pm #12802

Cargo prices aren’t set by imms, they’re set by the clans that control the planets. It’s very hit-or-miss, in my experience.

• Corey Participant
      December 8, 2009 at 11:48 pm #12804
      "Avanga":9yhae5ru wrote:
      Cargo prices aren’t set by imms, they’re set by the clans that control the planets. It’s very hit-or-miss, in my experience.[/quote:9yhae5ru]

The last I saw, the IMMs were setting them because the clans abused it.

• Eliana Participant
      December 9, 2009 at 5:21 pm #12857

Clans can set them. We only stepped in when it was being insanely abused.

• Odan Participant
      March 13, 2010 at 5:25 am #13533

To go along with some of the ideas i have seen here. Every time you run illegal cargo in contrast to gaining smuggling experience, you’d also raise crime rating for the planet and lower popular support or something. so it would keep the government on their toes and you’d have to be sneaky. Knowing the republic and or empire they would try and solve the problem (we hope) so you could allow big credit gains from these illegal items. This would also limit Well known characters such as Engineering firm heads or respectable players who woulnt normally be getting involved in smuggling, save for gaining some credits doing this for fear of getting caught.

• Odan Participant
      March 13, 2010 at 5:29 am #13534

Also like to see a clan based Event for smuggling, Like have a month or two long stretch in the upcoming era where smugglers are getting paid by someone to run weapons to a planet (weapons the clan can actually use) or some type of item the empire would not like to see getting in the hands of people.

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 13, 2010 at 7:15 pm #13550
      "Odan":32ofa5wl wrote:
      To go along with some of the ideas i have seen here. Every time you run illegal cargo in contrast to gaining smuggling experience, you’d also raise crime rating for the planet and lower popular support or something. so it would keep the government on their toes and you’d have to be sneaky. Knowing the republic and or empire they would try and solve the problem (we hope) so you could allow big credit gains from these illegal items. This would also limit Well known characters such as Engineering firm heads or respectable players who woulnt normally be getting involved in smuggling, save for gaining some credits doing this for fear of getting caught.[/quote:32ofa5wl]

This is a brilliant idea

• Fishy Participant
      March 14, 2010 at 12:07 am #13557

Yes, because that’s what everyone needs more of, afternoons spent tearing your hair out trying to figure out where those goddamn criminal mobs are autospawning (hint, it’s probably the unconnected anchor room!)

• Garin Member
      November 29, 2010 at 1:52 am #16239

Well, I’ve been thinking. I see it was mentioned about having "High Yield" cargo runs, but what I’m really interested in seeing is a type of Smuggler bonus for cargo.
      I’m thinking that there should be a hidden landing pad that can be found by a special smuggler skill. This pad will give a specific type of cargo that can only be sold at another planet’s secret landing pad. If one lands on an ordinary landing pad with the illegal cargo, it will be seized by customs and they will get a "wanted" status. This would also be a valid RP reason for governments to PK the ship. If it is flagged, the local government would get a message.
      In other words, highly profitable, but a mistake could get you killed, just like real life smuggling. Some of these products could also have a negative effect on the population of the planet. For instance, drugs could cause the population to not give as much taxes or something.
      Anyway, just figured this was a good idea and maybe you’d want to look into if it wouldn’t be too much trouble.

EDIT: And of course as soon as I post this, I see that similar ideas have already been put forward.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.