This topic has 40 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 5 months ago by Garin.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
    • Fishy Participant
      November 13, 2007 at 11:51 pm #3105

Han Solo was called a smuggler because he flew shiploads of spice and shite past Imperial inspectors in space, not because he walked through the spaceport with a dirty magazine in his backpack..

• Valens Participant
      November 14, 2007 at 5:31 am #3124

It would be a genuine way of doing things, instead of JUST smuggling past jackass mobs. *shrugs* I think it should be instintuted, GET ON IT ROJAN!

• SgtFlippy Member
      November 17, 2007 at 5:59 am #3223

On a different note, since the valuations of cargo’s have now been changed, perhaps the planets funds could be increased somewhat. Making it a viable option for companies to have dedicated cargo runners making them credits to enlarge their main concerns. At minimum atleast a doubling of what it currently is, preferably upto the 400k mark, it allows more people to buy and sell their cargo and not sit there waiting ages for funding.

• Ravaus Participant
      November 18, 2007 at 1:34 am #3239

I tend to agree with SgtFlippy. It would be nice to raise the planetary funds. Not much, just enough that you can actually sell your cargo… Also, I was thinking it’d kinda be cool to find a way so certain things on a planet are influenced by if the planet has been receive cargo of certain types. Like, bacta tanks wouldnt’ work if there hadn’t been any ‘bacta’ received into the planet.

I dunno, would make cargo running more dynamic and would definitely allow for a lot of fun RP as well.

• Compel Bast Member
      November 18, 2007 at 1:53 am #3243

Planet funds regenerate after a few minutes I believe

• Xaleron Participant
      November 18, 2007 at 2:36 am #3247

If the funds are being regenerated the way they were, then yeah, they go to 25000 after not too long if they’re below that. But a cap higher than 100000 would be nice… Perhaps even have it as a settable option in ‘leadplanet’… Setting the amount of funds the planet sets aside for their cargo importing. As well as not devouring the funds that it accumulates if you buy from there… They seem to have to stay within 25000-100000 or it resets itself to the closest limit. Kind of annoying. So you could buy 50000 credits’ worth of cargo from a planet that’s at 100000 credits, and it’ll go up to 150000 for a couple minutes before plunking back to 100000.

Not sure if that’s still how it goes, I haven’t bothered with cargo for a long time.

• Final_Fantasy_Lover Member
      May 22, 2008 at 7:21 pm #6419

Well, it’s been literally months since I’ve run cargo aside from just the other night. I must say I’m disappointed. I can’t find any discernable difference between the old cargo system and the new one, aside from the fact that getting from point A to point B seems to take a little longer than it used to. Maybe I’m just being an idiot, but I really can’t see any other difference.

• Corey Participant
      May 22, 2008 at 8:01 pm #6422
      "Final_Fantasy_Lover":34ouokrb wrote:
      Well, it’s been literally months since I’ve run cargo aside from just the other night. I must say I’m disappointed. I can’t find any discernable difference between the old cargo system and the new one, aside from the fact that getting from point A to point B seems to take a little longer than it used to. Maybe I’m just being an idiot, but I really can’t see any other difference.[/quote:34ouokrb]

The difference is that clans can’t set planet resources to jump from extreme lows to extreme highs, allowing for them to be able to not even have to launch off the planet to make credits.

May 23, 2008 at 12:12 am #6427

oooh. That makes sense. I would have thought there would have been a more major change. Personally, I was thinking that there would be a finite number of credits distributed throughout the planets. These credits would then be paid out when someone sells cargo, and NOT regenerate on their own. Planet funds would increase/decrease with each repop in the ‘income’ ammount displayed under showclan, or when someone buys cargo.
      Maybe even buycargo/sellcargo tapping the clanbank of the clan that controls the planet?

• Avanga Member
      May 23, 2008 at 2:30 am #6430

One thing’s for sure, I’m tired of bankrupting a planet every time I land. Q_Q

May 23, 2008 at 5:26 pm #6442

Also, and I just thought of this, clan-owned ships should send profits (or a predetermined percent of them) from sellcargo to the clanbank of whichever clan governs the planet cargo is sold on -IF- the owning clan of said ship matches the clan who owns the planet.
      Possibly a player-set flag on a cargoship to designate it a clancargoship?
      Possibly an addition to leadplanet or a clanleader command that allows clanleaders to set what percantage?

• Rojan QDel Member
      May 23, 2008 at 6:19 pm #6448

Interesting idea, but would kill the economy.

• Flek Participant
      May 23, 2008 at 11:03 pm #6455

no you know how we gave a makepublic thing well what about a makecargo the clan still does normal stuff but if when a person sells cargo a set % goes to a designated account and you can even designate a clan acount (i found this out with makepublic) so when they sell cargo % goes to account then people can rent out cargos to other players

• Avanga Member
      May 24, 2008 at 1:40 am #6456

I’d love to be able to rent out public freighters.

• SgtFlippy Member
      December 8, 2009 at 1:20 pm #12800

Bump! For Flek and my own suggestions.

I especially like fleks idea, but minus the making the cargo vessel public, more so something like renting it out would be a good idea. You’d need to register the vessel on some sort of list(more so to associate an account(bank)) and then rent it to said player who gains a quasi-pilot/owner slot.
      I still state that planet funds needs to be doubled.

Necro posting ftw!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.