Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Bounty Hunters a PvP Class That is only good at PvE?
This topic has 57 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 7 months ago by IssacFrost.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
    • Ocerion Participant
      May 13, 2015 at 5:24 pm #25260

Breach would be so simple to add in a way to keep it from being some overpowered mess. First, make sure the bountied person is in the home, second, make it work roughly 50% of the time, and give the SAME FAIL MESSAGE that having no bountied target in there has, third that fancy ass flag with the killing checking lockers and stuff, and lastly, leave some sort of evidence for planet owners (The clan) to check. Maybe write some bullshit about checking the public planetary cameras or something. Or questioning witnesses (NPC’s), make up whatever excuse you want.

• Seryb Participant
      May 13, 2015 at 6:27 pm #25261

I don’t think breach should just be for bountied players homes. I honestly see breach being used more like this. Clan A pays bounty hunter X 10 million credits to be on retainer. War breaks out and said hunter helps with planetary invasion where Clan A’s soldiers can’t warrant entry.

Of course it will be used to check/investigate bountied players homes as well but I don’t like it only being for that purpose. What I do really like is trace evidence being left when your home has been warranted/breached. In the main room you breach into it could say something like “Splinters from the door are scattered upon the floor” or something along those lines. Then a player has some idea that their is a baddie inside, or someone came to have a look.

• Ocerion Participant
      May 13, 2015 at 10:26 pm #25262

I personally, agree entirely Seryb. But at the same time, I don’t. Its gonna be a pain in the ass to get the Imms to ever let anyone bypass the magic home barrier, and I kinda feel like baby steps in this situation might be a good thing. Lol.

• Andvari Participant
      May 27, 2015 at 7:18 pm #25313

Just reiterating on this from before, this time as a main topic:

Cortosis needs to be in game, accessible, but expensive (maybe ore as a one time quest reward?).

Bounty hunters need to be able to resist force grab.

These two things will greatly alleviate some of the forcer-related stresses that non-forcers like to cry about. Survivability will be increased and it will allow clever or crafty hunters to at least hold their own with non-master forcers. As Star Wars should be.

• Ralen Keymaster
      May 28, 2015 at 6:20 am #25314

I’m not against an additional BH feat allowing a higher chance to resist force grab(would not include disarm), ‘energized gauntlets’/’steady hand’/’Fists of SteelDoom’ or w/e to allow a specific BH ‘build’ the chance to go up against forcers.

All BH across the board? Not so much.

• Andvari Participant
      May 28, 2015 at 8:07 am #25315

Precisely where I was going with it, just forgot feats were a thing. Let’s do it.

• Paco Participant
      May 29, 2015 at 12:00 am #25317

Hunting feat that is comparable (but weaker, maybe much weaker) to the Jedi foresight skill. Call it “prowess” or something fancy like that.

• Seryb Participant
      May 29, 2015 at 1:48 pm #25318

I like the idea of prowess but only if it was melee based, hands/blades/pikes. That way it would still make combat mains fairly equal to a hunter against each other.

• IssacFrost Participant
      June 13, 2015 at 4:25 pm #25413

‘Blade Expert’ – undo whatever hex Ralen put on blades and make them hit for the damage they use to hit for

Yeah, don’t try to put that on me. That is so far wide of the mark.

In the interests of keeping the discussion going and to update people with what’s going on, here’s the current list of planned upgrades to the class:

*Retreat – “Retreat <direction>”. Flee in the direction of your choosing for a tactical advantage.

*Integrated Optics – Negates the combat penalty from wearing infra-red goggles.

*Jetpack Mastery – Reduce the combat/movement depletion penalties for fighting with an activated jetpack.

[All this +1]

Current/Planned amendments to existing skills:

*Backstab – Now has a chance to immediately inflict a ‘back’ wound that lowers your target’s dodge chance.

[+1]

*Lunge – Movement cost reduced by 100. Damage unchanged. (Not finalized)

[+1 but a slight damage increase can be spared if dual wielding to represent a lunge with two vibroblades]

*Ambush – (Not finalized)

[I thought this skill was good and strong as is.]

*Nothing done to poison weapon yet – may look into extending durations, but this will still be finite on a weapon even if it doesn’t consume it once time is up.

[Extending durations and making them not break up Vibroblades will make them much more usable. There should be a couple of status effect poisons like Paralysis (lowers dodge/reduces attacks) Confusion (person fails the attack) Blood Burn (deals Hp damage of about 10% Max HP every two ticks) Fatigue (decreases MV every X ticks)]

‘Bounty’ list to be split into CAPTURE(live)/DISINTEGRATION(kill)bounties, with CAPTURE being the cheaper placement option. A ‘Tradebounty’ command will allow you to turn over a live bounty and immediately receive the credit fee as you would for claimbounty if you, the bounty placer, and the victim are in the same room, and the victim is bound.

Still under discussion:

*Vibroblade damage – requires a lot more testing and numerical data, but overall weapon damage+ not out of the question. Will not be buffed by any new % increase feat or skill.

[Cortosis would be a nice addition. give cortosis a % of increasing vibroblade damage. Make cortosis difficult to obtain and expensive.]

*Stalk – A mid-range BH skill that allows Hunters with low smuggling levels to silently approach a target.

[I really like this skill. It is very BH but it should also have a percentage to fail and be ‘spotted’.]

*Breach – Forced_Entry for Bounty Hunters. Requires a breaching charge/landmine. Honestly, this one I am touching with a barge pole at -best-, and wouldn’t be surprised if it never sees implementation. Current theoretical safeguards include:

**using ‘Breach’ to enter sets a room flag preventing locker access by -anyone- until cleared by the home owner.

**Time delay before using the command again.

**May potentially require some sort of authorization from the planet’s governing clan.

**All the same command logging as forced_entry, and the same harsh punishments for misuse.

[Don’t like this skill. It’s too powerful if you think about it.]

[Several level 150 Feats that increase resistance against certain Force powers except Disarm.]

Feel free to provide sensible feedback and further suggestions. No stun grenades.

Ralen.

• IssacFrost Participant
      June 14, 2015 at 1:20 am #25421

On Poisons:
      *Independent of wielding one or two vibroblades both are coated in the same poison.
      *They last X amount of time.
      *They all have a 25% of proccing on hit. Once the proc the target is poisoned for X amount of ticks. Proccing again does /not/ renew the timer. The effect must end entirely before poisoned status can be applied again.
      *Poisons available are:
      Paralysis- Either reduces dodge or reduces 1-2 attacks while poisoned.
      Confusion- Makes 1-2 attacks miss while poisoned.
      Fatigue- Slowly reduces MV by 5% of MaxMV every 5-10 ticks.
      Blood Burn/Boil- Deals 10% of MaxHP in damage every 2 ticks while poisoned.

• illyduss Participant
      June 14, 2015 at 1:56 am #25422

Forcer BHers… Someone break out the Death Sticks because I smell a Cade Skywalker fan.

• IssacFrost Participant
      June 14, 2015 at 2:21 am #25423

Don’t you mean Anti Forcers? That’s what is being suggested.

• Walldo Keymaster
      June 14, 2015 at 2:30 am #25424

Blood Burn/Boil- Deals 10% of MaxHP in damage every 2 ticks while poisoned.

This would stun a fully armored character in under 15 seconds without taking into account damage being delivered in regular combat.

• IssacFrost Participant
      June 15, 2015 at 1:23 pm #25433

This would stun a fully armored character in under 15 seconds without taking into account damage being delivered in regular combat.

Hmm too strong then.

5% MaxHP every 30 ticks.
      5% MaxMV every 30 ticks.

• Zeromus Participant
      June 15, 2015 at 5:33 pm #25435

Are we talking about ticks or combat rounds?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.