Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Bounty Hunter Master
This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 1 month ago by Siradril.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
    • Sarac Participant
      January 30, 2012 at 5:16 am #18472

To be honest, lately i’ve seen so many bounty hunters taking sides to help their aim clique with hunters skills and feats. Personally I think that we should bring back the BH Master code back to 1) Lower the amount of BHers running around perming everyone and not actually caring about the bounties on the board and 2) bring back RP to the class rather than just being a suped up combat main.

• Avanga Member
      January 30, 2012 at 11:42 am #18473

It was kinda exactly the same way back then.

• Gyndi Participant
      January 30, 2012 at 3:46 pm #18474

Make bounty hunters app only.

• rakun Participant
      January 30, 2012 at 3:56 pm #18475

/agree with the two replies.

Also, BHing should be harder to do.

The AIM clique BHers and bountied people hiding will always be a problem… unless imms go nazi on BH apps. But I doubt many people would app for a BHer then.

• Kirash Participant
      January 30, 2012 at 7:46 pm #18476

I would.

The BH Master was a good idea in theory, but can turn just as problematic as it is now. If they do that again, then I say combine both Sarac’s idea and that whole spiel we had on OOC about making BHers app only. I know I was against app-only BHers, but I’ve changed my mind after thinking about it. In any case, that’s probably the only time I’d go with BH masters… if all BHers were app only. It would make sense then.

A plus at least would be getting rid of that questionable code change that allows people to train BH skills now. Personally, I don’t think BH or smuggling skills should be teachable. Practice it from 20% like a real man, woman, or transvestite! 😛

• Xavious Participant
      January 30, 2012 at 11:03 pm #18477

I think the reason the master flag was removed and we reverted back to the old way is because it added another tedious things for the imms to hassle with. Personally I don’t see the problems that are being referenced here. I agree that there have been instances of a few bounty hunters taking sides and becoming the “special forces” for a clan instead of actually bounty hunting. However, choosing to be a bounty hunter comes with limitations as well. I personally don’t see bounty hunters as the unstoppable power houses that a lot of people see them as.

I’m pleased with the code change to allow BH skills to be taught since we aren’t using the master system currently. It provides an interesting RP opportunity for bounty hunters. I’m not bothered that they can adept skills faster either. I’ve never really been fond of mindlessly grinding out skills anyway and support anything that can save players time and doesn’t effect the overall game play. Especially one that require player interaction to reap such a benefit.

• Gathorn Participant
      February 12, 2012 at 4:19 pm #18491

Xavious: It’s rather noticeable that 90% of all bounty hunters are working for an OOC clique, or are working for their clanned alt’s best interest. IE: BHer has an Republican Alt, and only fucks with people going against the Republic.

That said, it’s pretty difficult to remain a neutral BHer. The moment you fuck with one side, that side hates you. So you generally end up not wanting to make TWO sides hate you, and only pick one side. Then again, if clanned alts permed their alt’s clannies, I can see it being an issue too. [insert I hate alts so much rant].

At this point, it’s the nature of the beast and probably is no real way to change it. We saw the same things with BH masters.

• Avanga Member
      February 24, 2012 at 8:36 pm #18534

Boba Fett wouldn’t give a shit

• Blue Member
      February 26, 2012 at 10:55 pm #18542

It would be cool if it was somehow coded so that once a bher reaches level 30 then they must join some passive bh clan.

bh clan would have no leader, no capital ships, no owned planets..etc Catch is that you can’t join the bh clan if you have clanned alts. This way helping to avoid people working for their alt’s clan and helping to reinforce the role of bhers to be neutral.

• Terezi Participant
      February 27, 2012 at 10:07 am #18543

What would happen if you made your BH first and then made an alt who joined a clan, Blue? Would the BH get removed from the neutral clan?

• Baxtalo Participant
      February 27, 2012 at 12:10 pm #18544

Blue, what end would that serve? A forced join for a clan that all but doesn’t exist and would prevent you from joining a clan on an alt doesn’t seem like a good idea.

• Blue Member
      February 27, 2012 at 6:38 pm #18545

“What would happen if you made your BH first and then made an alt who joined a clan, Blue? Would the BH get removed from the neutral clan?”

You wouldn’t be able to join a clan on an alt since the code wouldn’t let you. If you decide you don’t want to play a BH anymore, and want one of your alts to join a clan…then suicide it or perhaps ask an imm to have that character frozen. Multiclanning is illegal so if somehow you were able to do it, you would be in violation of rule 21.

“Blue, what end would that serve? A forced join for a clan that all but doesn’t exist and would prevent you from joining a clan on an alt doesn’t seem like a good idea.”

Doesn’t seem like a good idea why? …Using your BH alt to take out your main’s clan enemy seems like not just a bad idea, but in violation of rule 3:

(3) Your alts may not interact in any way, shape or form. They may not share
      ships, items, information, agendas, goals, ulterior motives or vendettas. They
      cannot be related without immortal permission. When in doubt, KEEP IT SIMPLE,
      STUPID! Err on the side of caution.

People are using their BHers to further their alt’s agendas. This is illegal. We all know that the honor system does not work on LOTJ 😛

• Baxtalo Participant
      February 27, 2012 at 8:39 pm #18547

By that logic, your only option as a bounty hunter with an alt clanned in a major clan is to help out the other major clan.

Not to mention, that BH clan you suggested won’t remain neutral for long. And then every person who rolls a bounty hunter will be forced to abide by their RP? You’re effectively killing that entire class.

• Blue Member
      February 28, 2012 at 12:10 am #18549

it would be cheap and probably against the rules for a BHer with a clanned alt to kill a target in their alt’s clan due to the OOC knowledge they would obtain and act upon to obtain their claimbounty. Alternatively the opposite scenario of only going after people outside the scope of their alt’s clan is also cheap..and since it may be inline with their alt’s clan agenda then it might also be against the rules.

I agree with a lot of the above posters that its obvious people are misusing BHers as a quasi special forces unit for the major clan. A partial solution is disallowing them from having any clanned alts. My neutral clan idea would be code focused to prevent them from having clanned alts, it would not be an entity to declare war on, to declare war, or have any leadership and possibly no clan channel. Also I think that BHers should be able to kill one another and be exempt from a spy app in this case. These controls would help reinforce that BHers would be in it for themselves and act as individuals as they are supposed to. This solution would also avoid making BHers app-only. Making BHers app-only just gives away more control of the game to the imms, something I’m not a fan of.

• Kirash Participant
      February 28, 2012 at 6:01 am #18550

the problem goes back to what gathorn said, and has been a pet peeve of mine as well, that it is impossible to be a neutral hunter regardless. you either piss off one side or you do nothing at all. there really isn’t a good way to hold rule 3 accountable unless it is blatantly obvious. it’s really something that can only be played by ear.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.