Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Bounty Hunter Master
This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 1 month ago by Siradril.
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
    • Siradril Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 8:19 am #18605

I think this entire thread is based off of illegal actions of few players that have BHer alts. If someone violates a rule, you punish them. They either learn from it or they don’t. In which case they’ll be punished in a more harsher manner. The entire bounty hunter clan idea is horrible. I loved the possibility of it even though I never was able to be in the Guild but things just get out of hand. We as players want to get involved. We as players want to lead the timeline and do things that changes its course.

I don’t see anyone sacrificing that ability just to roleplay a bounty hunter. What Baxtalo says is important. 90% of my bounty hunters winded up working against my alt’s clan, just because I did not want to look like I was trying to further my clan’s goals on a completely unrelated character.

However if we want to strengthen neutral hunters, then we need to think about something else. “Private Bounties”. Now this is completely a roleplay thing, there are no rules about it from what I know. However it’d have been really good if ONLY hunters mains could see the entirety of bounties.

Yes I can hear you people screaming, what kind of a stupidity that is. But what’s the purpose of placing a bounty on someone’s head if you know it can come back to you? The only two reasons I know private bounties exist are not to alert the person and also not to be known as the person placing the bounty on them.

With this method, bounty hunters can get to do their tasks in private. Not needing to contact the people who actually places the bounty. This also means that both major clans can get to post bounties and have unknown hunters take upon the job and perform it.

The only thing I didn’t figure out is “capture alive” bounties. I suppose we could do something like this. It might sound weird but hey it is an idea after all;

1- Empire places a live bounty on Luke Skywalker’s head.
      2- Bobba Fett captures Luke Skywalker alone and then moves from the neutral planet he captured Skywalker at to an Imperial planet. He will then type the command “submit bounty” (don’t think on its name, it can change). This will transfer the person to the Imperial prison on the planet and alert the clan.
      3- Bobba Fett enjoys his credits and takes off. Nobody knows it was Bobba Fett doing the deed unless Luke gave heads up.

I can see how it’d be an issue if there are no Imperial members are about. Or if if the time spent for an Imperial to come and collect Skywalker from that planet’s prison can be harsh for skywalker’s player. Then we can make it that Fett needs to go to the capitol of the major clan placing the live bounty on to submit them.

This will remove some BHer Client roleplay but it will also allow them to work under the radar without looking as if they only work for X named clan. They’d get to take upon any bounties. Also we can make it so that once a bounty is claimed a message will be sent to the clan or the person placing the bounty to alert them about it.

I don’t know mine is just an idea, we can make it better if you guys think it has worth.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.