Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Action Timers and Movement
This topic has 42 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 1 month ago by Ralen.
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
    • Walldo Keymaster
      March 11, 2012 at 5:51 pm #18666

What the hell

[quote] He doesn’t believe it to be combat related[/quote]

I never said that and you literally asked me that question on immchat and I told you I wasn’t going to answer it.

immchat Walldo since you replied on the issue. Was Inject never to be used to capture someone? That is how you guys are treating the matter. A method which had been used for some years now for that purpose is suddenly nerfed down.

Walldo mortchat ****** im not answering that question, who cres
      Walldo mortchat ***** I wasn’t the one who originally coded inject and I wasn’t around when it was added so I don’t know what it was originally meant for

Don’t put words in my mouth TIA

• Siradril Participant
      March 11, 2012 at 5:54 pm #18668

You didn’t say that Walldo but it feels awfully like that this skill should not be used in combat. At least the recent changes suggests that. After the changes there is no way to use it for combat purposes unless the player you are injecting is idling.

Edit: Not idling but AFK without tag. (Felt the need to be more precise since people seems to take my words in the wrong way.

By the way the only reason I’m replying on this forum is because I was told to share my opinion on the matter. Despite what you all believe, this code was not broken nor was there a bug. Yes force choke, force lightning, force push doesn’t stop the skill but none of those 3 tried that. I knew what stopped the skill, engaging in combat. I keep saying that and you all believe that if you were injected while you were in combat, you’d be stunned. That was not the case ever. I keep saying it over and over again, when you were hit on the next round of the combat, you’d automatically wake up and thus the inject failing. It is nice that after the recent change, engaging in combat immediately halts inject. But the approach bit was not necessary in my own belief.

I don’t know why you all are making such a fuss about it. As long as you don’t make things personal and insult me with your manner or your words, If you noticed I only explain in replies how you thought wrong.

• Baxtalo Participant
      March 11, 2012 at 6:11 pm #18670

Your idea then, was follow the person who’s following you to break a formerly unbreakable, thus taking advantage of another quirk in the code.

Before, you said something along the lines of the inject skill being for people who are daring, anyway. Get more daring. And learn to use flee.

Edit: Oh, wow. Didn’t know there was a new page. This was to the last response on the last page.

• Siradril Participant
      March 11, 2012 at 6:26 pm #18673

Actually I think if you are following anyone when you hail, those who follow you should fail to come along with you. I don’t think it is a bug. And it was daring enough to inject a forcer in the same room with you, without hiding. Standing beside them would get you killed quite easily. All they’d have to do is to hit you with hitall and gouge you or bash you successfully. 3-4 922 damage would take you down so it won’t be too hard on their part.

Alas my entire argument was that unlike the common belief the previous code was not imbalanced nor a bug exploit. It’s not too hard to put up a timer on a code such as tail. If that was the intent, immortal staff would’ve put it there already. (I’m not sure if auto flee alas the wimp code lets you flee even if you are bashed or gouged)

Anyway no matter what one person does right now, they’ll be able to stop the other person injecting you. Type any command to move, to hit. Typing approach none also does the trick as I’ve said. If you guys believe inject to be a combat oriented skill or a skill that can also be used in combat, then why make it too easy to counter it?

PS: Someone else who knew the inject skill should really talk to answer these stuff. I’ve already posted far too many times and I don’t want to get into a hassle with the staff and the pbase.

• Avanga Member
      March 11, 2012 at 7:43 pm #18674

I vaguely recall inject being used to shoot up spice back in the day.

• Kirash Participant
      March 11, 2012 at 11:08 pm #18675

Siradril, the problem was that NOTHING broke inject whatsoever. Not even a successful BLACKJACK. Trying to justify keeping a broken skill broken is just assinine. I looked at the Mantis reports and Ralen went through every skill he could think of that would halt an action timer and NONE of them did it for inject. It should not be a fire and forget unstoppable nuke that someone can use to just insta-gib anyone.

Don’t get all butthurt because your favorite gib skill is now a little more balanced. If you’re really that scared, use grenades. I’m sure you remember those clearly…

• Zeromus Participant
      March 12, 2012 at 12:42 am #18679

b-b-b-b-but the first round of combat broke sleep if inject landed! Working as intended! Just a quirk! Ignore the fact that if you made a trigger to submit or flee before the combat round hit it would still work! I am right!

• Zeromus Participant
      March 12, 2012 at 2:43 am #18681

Ah, Blue, I love your conspiracy theories.

• Mlodk Participant
      March 12, 2012 at 6:14 am #18682

…so, let me get this straight. It’s ok to use a skill in a way that may or may not be more or less ‘abusing the system’, but trying to get it fixed is a bad thing? Man, good thing I lost all faith in the human race a long time ago, otherwise I’d be disappointed daily.

• Ralen Keymaster
      March 12, 2012 at 8:41 am #18683

I’ve actually written something today that I consider a balanced fix – I’m waiting for Walldo or Rojan to take a look at and assess whether it’s good code/whether there’s an easier way to do things.

• Gathorn Participant
      March 12, 2012 at 3:19 pm #18684

Blue, unless I have horribly misread the change, it says that GRABBING does NOT awaken anymore. This is entirely fixing the first half of your post’s complaint. How is that such a bad thing?

• Blue Member
      March 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm #18687

I deleted my above post I made last night cause it didn’t make sense, and I didn’t completely understand the changes until today (damn painkillers :D).

Changes are good.

• Ralen Keymaster
      March 18, 2012 at 11:53 am #18716

Got working code now that means grab, choke, shove etc can now break a victims action timer. Just want to discuss it with rojan to make sure I haven’t done it in a hamfisted newbie way that could be simplified (spoiler alert I probably have) before submitting it to go live.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.