Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Action Timers and Movement
This topic has 42 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 1 month ago by Ralen.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
    • Zeromus Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 2:50 pm #18616

“Exploit oversights in combat code to avoid bugs with noncombat skills.” – Siradril 2012

There was a definite way to still inject people in combat and you yourself used it. Don’t try to insinuate everyone is dumb because you were just hiding one facet of the bug so you’d have one shred of advantage with a broken skill.

• Siradril Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 3:04 pm #18618

I am still lost. When have I said something like that? Or are you quoting a rule that I cannot find? Which part of the action did you see as a bug? What I fail to understand is for many years now people have used inject in PK situations. There was hiding before while injecting. You still insist on saying that I exploited a bug. Let us go over what happened;

I sneaked into the room you were in. I typed tail X. Then I typed inject X. 5-6 seconds later you moved and tried the group disband, move method. I kept tailing as I’ve input the command over and over again. Eventually I injected you.

What was so overwhelming with this? The ability for a character to be able to follow someone they were following? Is that unrealistic?

I think you need to realize that there were plenty ways to lose my character or beat him to death, which had been used in the past by many players to handle situations like that. You either panicked or did not think of doing that and as a result got injected. There was not only 1 way, 2 way, 3 way… There were many methods to get out of that situation. You did not take those options and you were injected.

I fail to understand why you call such a thing bug exploiting when you could’ve avoided it if you knew what you were doing. If you knew what others in the past had done. I mean if hiding was still allowed while injecting, I’d get that… But this is completely ridicilous.

• Zeromus Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 3:08 pm #18619

I’m not talking about my situation. I don’t care that I was permed, it’s the fact that the skill has the potential to work in other ways that is the issue. Your kill on me was perfectly legitimate, but it brought up concerns about the way the skill functions. It’s the other kills that have been done with it, and the fact that I myself used it against a forcer and was able to get around the fact that combat interrupts sleep that became the issue. I’m not saying you should be banned for the perm on me, it’s the ones on the other two forcers that are suspect.

My issue that inject doesn’t stop when you move rooms has been fixed because now it requires approach. That’s all I was looking for, because every other skill works that way.

• Siradril Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 3:15 pm #18622

The second forcer after you did the same thing as you. Group disband, move away. Third forcer used throw lightsaber and his saber dropped. But anyways I’ve said too much on this issue. I don’t agree that the command should be interrupted when moving into another room. The skill was not overpowered, if anything it was suicidal. I’m just disappointed that it got nerfed to this point because people didn’t know how to handle it.

It’s almost like removing blackjack command because people can’t think to wear a helmet to prevent it. At least that’s how I see the whole matter.

• Zeromus Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 3:17 pm #18623

Wearing a helmet doesn’t prevent blackjack completely, but blackjack is a combat ability while inject isn’t so that is not really here nor there.

• Siradril Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 3:19 pm #18626

Edit: I never perceived the part “you don’t have to be near them” as a bug. Nor was it my job to fix anything, I was simply matching duplicated entries to one another for the coders to fix and see. The issue there I believe were two things;

1- Waking up because you were grabbed after blackjack or inject.
      2- People who leave and come back to the room after the injecting starts. (<– This was just amusing, didn't see it as a bug myself.)

Again mate you speak of matter that you do not grasp but believe to have full knowledge about. If I was at fault, you or those forcers would've been restored and I'd have been banned for bug exploit. But there is no bug exploit to speak of, it is just you not managing to handle the loss of your character. Or perhaps your personal dislike towards me.

• Zeromus Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 3:24 pm #18627

Yeaaah. I wanted inject fixed because of a character I decided not to ask for a restore on and admit a perm was legitimate for. Okay, Siradril. You’re right, your persecution complex is completely validated in this case, I reported my thoughts on how inject works to a staff made up of multiple people and they agreed with me because I don’t like you.

I don’t know you, I just know what you do, bro. I think it’s shitty but I don’t know you well enough to care who the fuck you are one way or another.

• Walldo Keymaster
      March 10, 2012 at 3:25 pm #18628

Inject was overpowered because you didn’t have to be approach’d to use it and combat did not interrupt it.

At this point you people are arguing over semantics of ‘bugs’ and ‘exploits’. There were problems with inject so they got fixed. Are there still problems? That remains to be seen!

• Gathorn Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 5:02 pm #18629

To be honest, I could have sworn this was fixed ages ago by Walldo and/or Rojan. I most certainly remember Walldo looking at it back when I was an active member of the staff. Glad to see combat finally breaks inject.

• Kirash Participant
      March 10, 2012 at 8:17 pm #18635

It was supposed to have been fixed. It was fixed to where damage broke it. It got broke again (probably during the server move).

Siradril, it was pretty crass of you to come on and espouse from the get go that people were persecuting you. That was not the case. No one mentioned names, and we were discussing a severely broken skill that was used to repeatedly perm people. If you want to play with your guilty conscience, that’s fine with me though.

• Avanga Member
      March 10, 2012 at 9:54 pm #18638

The reason the forcers were running away from you is because lightsaber combat was drastically nerfed last TL for about 90% of the forcers out there. Unless they have something to deflect back, they’re going to be doing very little damage a round. A newbie with armor could easily perm a forcer using inject.

In my opinion, injecting forcers is about as lame as forcers using stasis to win fights. Grow a pair.

• Siradril Participant
      March 11, 2012 at 12:30 pm #18657

The skill was not broken at all. Walldo changed the meaning of the skill entirely. He doesn’t believe it to be combat related. And such change never took place but last week. Before that, the only change was to force the character into being visible. I have a clear conscience and if the skill was not changed, I’d have used it again.

I had a forcer on first era, what you suggested for last timeline did not seem to be the case for me. I did the 922 clean damage to non forcers with my lightsaber and I had 3-4 attacks each round. If they had blaster, it’d deflect. If they had blades, pikes they’d melt. There isn’t any reason for a forcer to run away from a nonforcer so long as they are trained. Stasis was instant, the person being subject to stasis had no chance to escape. Inject has a timer. If you can’t act fast enough, then it is not the game’s fault.

• Gathorn Participant
      March 11, 2012 at 5:38 pm #18663

Except you can spam tail while injecting, thus nullifying the whole “If you can’t run away fast enough”. And combat didn’t break, nullifying the whole “Stab them” thing. Let’s not forget that you can just hide afterwards, making it hard to target anyway. Oh, let’s not forget that you didn’t even have to approach TO inject.

• Siradril Participant
      March 11, 2012 at 5:50 pm #18665

Well if you were caught in open ground of a planet, you could follow the person injecting you and hail away to get away. Though really the main idea to get rid of someone injecting you was to attack them. It may not have stopped injecting but even if it did work, since you were in combat once the next round of combat kicks in after injecting is done, you’d hit the person you injected and they’d wake up thus nullfying the entire thing.

Also I thought you couldn’t type hide after injecting, it stopped inject. Or so I thought, I don’t think I tried that since the code changed to make people visible.

So if we have to approach someone to inject, especially a forcer. Now they won’t even have to bother approaching us. They only need to hit us to initiate combat. Since we aren’t hiding, it’s pretty much a sure way to die. Besides right now if you type approach none after someone injects you, inject fails no matter what the other person does so long as they are not in your group.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.