Legends of the Jedi Forums Newbie Watering Hole Zakattack's Newbie Handbook
This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 8 months ago by Zakattack.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Zakattack Participant
      January 27, 2017 at 1:12 am #28843

Now I know everyone and their mother has put out some form of newbie-help-guide-thing, but I wrote one for a friend of mine and decided to share it.

My friend has tried to learn LOTJ and mudding in general twice now, but both times struggled with the overwhelming amount of stuff he needed to learn all at once. He’s like me; he learns better by reading a textbook or self-studying than by learning-by-doing. I figured there might be more of us in our playerbase who could use a handbook to read before jumping into the game.

This is not intended as a replacement for any source of help for newbies, simply as an addendum. I’ve enabled commenting on the Google doc, so if I messed something up or you think I should add something, let me know.

http://tinyurl.com/ZakHandbook

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Zakattack.
    • Aphatrea Participant
      April 1, 2017 at 12:15 am #28970

Two things. First off, major thanks for this. As a new player who brought a friend that doesn’t know Star Wars too well, this was a great thing for us to read through work out what we were going to do.

Secondly, for her benefit, I started a file with images of each race that I then ended up throwing the class stats for each available beginner race into. Formatted it up for my own reference, but want to offer it up to any other newbies wanting a quick way to see what the races are like from a mechanical standpoint. Doesn’t cover their RP.

http://tinyurl.com/lxawsg4

• Zakattack Participant
      July 29, 2019 at 2:05 pm #31731

Bump.

Updated this a lot to include the leadership/diplo merger, wimpy changes, and other things I can’t think of. Hope it helps.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Zakattack.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.