Legends of the Jedi Forums The Brainstormtorium Your lazy. Nuff said.
This topic has 7 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 6 months ago by chuckinator.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • DragonPaw Participant
      November 2, 2010 at 7:13 pm #1578

I’ve noticed that there are a great deal of godly characters running around. Each of my characters I can train all the stats to 20+ and walk around being the most beautiful, titanic looking thing. The tough part is, oh wait there isn’t nothing tough about it! I just spend some credits and vola! I was thinking you can train your stats like we have to now except you should keep training them if you want to keep them. A system in place that would begin to take stats away if you stopped using them. For example, you have 20 str but you stopped going to the gym. Of course your going to get soft and weak so your strength is going to start dwindling unless you go back and hit the gym. Well that would give one combantant the edge over another seeing he couldn’t last week yet can now. Because you were the lazy sob that didn’t train this week. Not me. Intelligence for another example, if you don’t read a book obviously your mind is going to start deteriorating because of the lack of mental stimulation. Dexterity, well go for a jog otherwise your going to become fat and slow. So jump your chubby behind onto a treadmill and start running fatboy. I think this would help balance some things and give others a sporting chance if you begin to get lazy. Also food and drink would be fun if used. Eat to much and begin to get fat or not enough you get to weak. Well this is just a rough idea off the top of my head that I think would overturn the player population.

• Zeromus Participant
      November 2, 2010 at 7:22 pm #15798

Another SWR MUD has this and I am going to be honest with you it is quite possibly one of the worst systems anyone has ever implemented on any MUD ever. It’s just not fun. There has to be a line drawn between realism and game design.

• Oteri Participant
      November 2, 2010 at 7:49 pm #15802

You’re* lazy.

• Troll Participant
      November 2, 2010 at 10:12 pm #15813

Instead, make it so that your character does not appear as "titanic" unless they have 25 str and 150 combat/bh. Otherwise they’ll just be "strong". Other than that, I think this is dangerously close to the system that once existed where you had to eat and drink on a regular basis.

• Anna Member
      November 2, 2010 at 10:25 pm #15814
      "Zeromus":8dtlor1s wrote:
      Another SWR MUD has this and I am going to be honest with you it is quite possibly one of the worst systems anyone has ever implemented on any MUD ever. It’s just not fun. There has to be a line drawn between realism and game design.[/quote:8dtlor1s]

I appreciate the idea, but I’ve got to agree with Zeromus on this one. We have found over time, and from trying different things, that people don’t like maintaining their character like that.

You’re right, though, it creates variables in the game. When your clique aims you to tell you to log in and join the battle (bad!), then your character might be flabby and out of shape… and that’s cool! I just think that the ends don’t justify the means. I’d rather make EQ that deteriorates.

• Drel Member
      November 2, 2010 at 10:31 pm #15815
      "Anna":117ym545 wrote:
      I’d rather make EQ that deteriorates.[/quote:117ym545]
      Yeah, you could even make it so that equipment stood a random chance of being damaged or junked when you’re dealt damage in combat.

…oh, wait.

• Kirash Participant
      November 3, 2010 at 4:08 am #15842

It’s not too difficult to have your stat maxes mset by an Immortal. I had a character who was supposed to be very ugly, but wound up having a Charisma score that allowed him to be handsome. So I asked Walldo to mset him to 8 Charisma for RP purposes. You could do the same with your STR (or more likely DEX) and CHA scores if you really wanted a flabby, fatass character.

• chuckinator Member
      November 3, 2010 at 4:53 am #15843
      "Troll":2ry213nj wrote:
      Instead, make it so that your character does not appear as "titanic" unless they have 25 str and 150 combat/bh. Otherwise they’ll just be "strong". Other than that, I think this is dangerously close to the system that once existed where you had to eat and drink on a regular basis.[/quote:2ry213nj]

+1 for this.

However, for the OP’s suggestion, no. Attribute or skill rusting is an awful idea in such an environment, and it’s going to punish the casual players far more than it will ever curb the aim clique in motion. It’s also going to discourage people from having alts, and that’s no good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.