This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 6 months ago by Anastasius.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Ravaus Participant
      November 9, 2009 at 4:39 pm #1263

I was looking at a few things yesterday involving the xp sink on quest turn in. It’s common knowledge that there are ways around it. Though, that is abusing a bug. I am curious as to if this is something even remotely necessary for quest turn in. Since questing is the primary way to level it seems this is a major hindrance. Say you pick up forty-five items. to get full xp you will have to stand there for a good half hour (probably more). I feel this is excessive. If we are attempting to generate more rp by not allowing datachips, i would think it would be appropriate to remove the xp sink from quest turn in. The system is very useful for other things such as showplanet so i am not saying scrap it all together. Anyways, an thoughts on this?

Excuse any typos, typing on my phone.

• Muddledde Member
      November 9, 2009 at 6:30 pm #12355

I completely agree with you Keirath. Certain turn ins, like the 100+ science quest, takes a VERY long time if you constantly wait for a reset. Same with certain espionage training, and I believe most 100+ level quests.

• Drel Member
      November 9, 2009 at 9:21 pm #12356

I think taking the exp_sink out would go a long way towards making the mud friendly to newbs (experienced players have ways around the sink, like teaming up with friends to PL combat).

• Muddledde Member
      November 9, 2009 at 11:30 pm #12358

RJ, why don’t you go attain level 150 in science after you reach 105. Then come back and post again.

• Avanga Member
      November 9, 2009 at 11:33 pm #12359

Why bother? You don’t need anything past 100.

• Ravaus Participant
      November 10, 2009 at 12:03 am #12360

I’m confused as to why Muddlede even made the comment -.- RJ wasn’t denying that this was a good idea.

• Muddledde Member
      November 10, 2009 at 12:14 am #12361

I reread it and I apologize RJ.

• Inactive
      November 10, 2009 at 4:16 pm #12379

Haha! It’s become a reflex action to smack RJ when he posts in an idea thread..

• Anastasius Member
      November 10, 2009 at 4:39 pm #12381

I agree with the exp sink but I do not think it should be so heavy handed. Also I think an ifcheck should be added to the sink. IF do_mpgain ignore the sink altogether. This would allow quest turn ins but still sink on showclan combat leader gaining and so on. As for all those nice little tricks to get around the sink.. I assure you its cheating.

• Ravaus Participant
      November 10, 2009 at 5:26 pm #12383

[quote:1ci55fw3]As for all those nice little tricks to get around the sink.. I assure you its cheating.[/quote:1ci55fw3]

Hence why I said its abusing a bug.

And the xp sink system doesn’t quite work that way. I recall it apply_xp_sink being called in any function that gives xp to a char. (I.e. skills, mpgain).
      I think all that would have to be done is removing the call from mpgain, etc.

• Anastasius Member
      November 10, 2009 at 5:31 pm #12386

My thoughts exactly just drop the sink from the mpgain added in my builders on progs.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.