Legends of the Jedi Forums Share Yo’ Scripts working on a client, problem with some MSDP commands
This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 7 months ago by Zakattack.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • dacen Participant
      September 29, 2013 at 12:29 pm #22461

Hi,

I’m working on a new client for LotJ. It is built from scratch, not taking any of the other clients, so it some considerable work, but I’m having a lot of fun with it 🙂

The work is in very early stage, and I don’t know when I will be able to release (even if now is usable, there are tons of non implemented stuff).

Here is a first screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7684634/lotjclient-shot1.png

So far it looks a bit ugly because I still don’t start to work on any L&F stuff, but that’s the general idea 🙂

Well… now my problem(s): As you can see in the screenshot, I started to work in the map plugin, but I’m stuck because I cannot make certain variables to work, and I think is because their implementation in server side:

– PLANET and WORLDTIME variables are always informed as empty string.
      – ROOMEXITS informs exits, but not VNUM destination (which is always zero).

non related to map, but also with problem IMHO:

– CURRENT_AMMO and MAX_AMMO are informed just after sending an “equipment” command. I would like them to be informed when it CURRENT_AMMO changes.

Could be possible to have some help on this?
      Thanks!

• Baxtalo Participant
      September 29, 2013 at 12:55 pm #22462

ROOMEXITS will not be able to inform on vnum because that is immortal only information.

CURRENT_AMMO could probably be taken from your prompt with each round of battle, but there is no battle prompt key that I know of that tracks ammunition charges. I wish there was. You may be out of luck on finding another way to keep yourself in the know unless you examine the weapon to get an update on its charge. It still requires manual input, but it is less spam than typing eq.

• dacen Participant
      September 29, 2013 at 1:05 pm #22464

mmm… but without VNUM is hard to make a map (still possible, but I have to record commands, etc.).
      doesn’t looks like something that you should not have (unless designers do not want a mapping tool).

btw, that also happens with AREA.

and.. I still can parse ROOM_NAME to know the area, and I still can track the walk commands to know the links… so, what’s the point?

Off course, if mapping is forbidden by design, just tell me and I will stop trying to do it 🙂

thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.