Legends of the Jedi Forums Newbie Watering Hole Why are some races point-locked?
This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Orin.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • awesine Participant
      January 31, 2017 at 7:54 pm #28855

For some races it seems silly for me. I understand why a wookie might be point-locked, because of their large size and strength, but I don’t see why a jawa would be point-locked.

• veric Participant
      January 31, 2017 at 8:53 pm #28856

Part of the reason is the levels that some of these races get.

I suspect another reason for point locking a race is to give people a goal to work towards.

Another reason is likely to avoid over population of certain races.

• Orin Participant
      March 6, 2017 at 5:34 pm #28914

Some of the races are point locked for RP difficulty reasons alone. You mentioned Jawa so I will use this as an example. Jawa have a very distinct personality attributed to their species due to the environment they are raised in. The idea of point locking Jawa is to prevent newer players who are still learning the fundamentals of the game from selecting a race and RPing outside the confines of that races behavior. A new player on a Jawa could lower the overall quality of RP on the game.

If you feel that you’re capable of RPing a point locked race but don’t have the means to purchase it because you’re new to LOTJ. You could always submit an application under player tools and present your case. If the application is accepted the immortals will give you a character of that race.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.