Legends of the Jedi Forums Newbie Watering Hole What is the practical purpose behind severe penalties for "illegal" botting?
This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 6 months ago by Seryb.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
    • Fishy Participant
      October 14, 2015 at 10:15 pm #27143

I like how one of the very early replies to this thread was telling people to set up triggers to subvert bot checks, heh.

The list of bottable skills in Help Bot does need to get looked at. But on the bright side, at least LotJ’s not banning people for failing to use a mandatory custom client that doesn’t support botting, so.. it could be worse!

• illyduss Participant
      October 15, 2015 at 12:15 am #27145

Didn’t read most of this, but my guess is slice/secure are illegal to bot because they are PK skills. You use slice to hack other people, something you can be perm’d over. Secure is just like a defensive extension of that.

And it really isn’t as bad as you are making it out to be. I’ve done it a few times and there are much much worse things to level. Although I agree with it being teachable.

• Seryb Participant
      October 17, 2015 at 10:13 am #27158

Illy, slice and secure are the worst skills to adept by far. They should certainly be bottable as should making any repetitive engineering item. Com links, flashlights etc. I want to RP on my engis not watch my guy make flashlights for a clan shop.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.